Answered prayers??Or attack??

SprayWaltz

Dec 11, 2014
✟7,612.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hey everyone, my name is James. This is my first post, other than to ask a Chaplan the following question.

First off I am a backslidden Christian. At one point in my adult life I ran a sound-system for a non-denominational church. That was two years ago. I have since gotten out of prison and believe I will never attain that type of relationship with my Savior and Father again until I am reunited with Him.

My question:

Lately I have been struggling financially so of course I've been praying more and sticking to my repentance a bit better. Who am I to think I can manipulate God right? Lol. Anyway, this week I started a new job with a solar company which is located three and a half almost four hours away.

These guys are underbidding the market 30 percent both in initial price/installation and service. The HR really consists of the man with the money and the guy trying to install and service these solar panels. They had another guy but he left a box truck with a quarter million dollars sitting on the side of the interstate with a flat tire today, so I'm pretty sure he's fired. They want me to relocate the four hours and help them start a second crew.

So, are these guys answered prayers, or the attack I know to expect sevenfold due to my recent repentance? ty

Last edited:

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The seven fold thing are you speaking of when Jesus said you cast a demon out it wonders and finds no home so it gathers seven more powerful than it self and come back to its old home and the person state is worse than before? If so your leaving the end off that, Jesus said that will be the experience of this generation. He was speaking about those that would kill Him and be charged with killing all the prophets through out history, that generation. That is who was speaking to.

You say you won't have a strong relationship with God well no because you believe that. Surrender to God ask for protection and He will lead you.

I am sure you are not dumb that you know if these guys are on the level or not. Don't lie to your self.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are so many variables in this situation... is the company legit? Are you leaving a good situation or a bad one where you're at (good support from family and church or bad influences and judgment)? What is the job market like where you are versus where you would be going? Hundreds of other things.

Since you haven't gotten any clear direction from God yet, I suggest you fast and pray, listening for God to give you guidance/peace with a decision.

Upvote 0

SprayWaltz

Dec 11, 2014
✟7,612.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
For my responders, thank you. You both have given me a lot to think about.

My relationship with God is fine. I really just mean Ino longer have 24 hours of free
Time to study his word.

The opportunity really does not have any downfalls. The economy the business is in
Has been on the rise all year. The money is good there.

I believe I will pray more on it. But I also have pretty much decided to take the job.

I'm leaving incredible support. I have ten really close adult relatives here in town and we all stay close. That really is the biggest reason i worry about moving 4 miles away.

Upvote 0