Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK, it's rare that we get more than a few inches of snow per winter. This winter we've already had a major blizzard and several smaller snowfalls, and another blizzard forecast for this weekend. And winter's not even over yet!

God, are you trying to make a joke in the face of the Global Warmingists? If so, I GET it, you can stop now!

:bbrr::freeze::frozen2:

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It might conceivably cause WETTER winters, with melting of polar ice causing more water in more places, but not colder. So you'd see more rainy, wet winters than cold, snowy winters.

Rub it in, Al, rub it in lol.

Upvote 0

Manda_24

Saved by Grace
Jan 2, 2004
Indiana
✟19,896.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think we're only supposed to get about 8 inches, not bad compared to the past few years.

At work tomorrow we're doing something called Dare to Bear, we're skating in our swimsuits, like a polar bear plunge thing, at the ice rink. Snow might make it more fun.

Upvote 0

AlexeiKaramazov

Aug 26, 2006
✟9,689.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's a reason they're calling it global climate change now. Some people took "global warming" to mean it gets hotter everywhere when some places may actually get cooler...temporarily. Last year, we got two feet of snow in 24 hours here. This year, we've gotten a few inches at the most, which has melted away within a day. Quite the fluctuation. Maybe next year it'll be your turn for the mild stuff!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ceh85

You shattered my darkness,washed away my blindness
Mar 25, 2009
✟15,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't global warming = colder winters too? I don't really know.

In the UK it does because I think once enough of the ice caps melt the warm current in the Atlantic that we get from you guys will be cut off.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really don't want this to turn into a "global warming; true or false?" thread...

I went to the grocery store lastnight and almost got scalped by the rabid shoppers lol. I was 30 minutes late picking up Josh...but I made it out alive! Now I'm waiting for the call from the school telling me they're closing early...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK, it's rare that we get more than a few inches of snow per winter. This winter we've already had a major blizzard and several smaller snowfalls, and another blizzard forecast for this weekend. And winter's not even over yet!

God, are you trying to make a joke in the face of the Global Warmingists? If so, I GET it, you can stop now!

:bbrr::freeze::frozen2:
I moved away from the Mid-Atlantic region just in time... I will pray for you!!! :prayer: I HATE COLD WEATHER!!! :( Lots of love to you dear sweet sister.:hug::hug:

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
We are suppose to get hit with a massive snow fall tomarrow. 6 to 10 inches can't wait to see it...

Yuck. I didn't know my area was getting a snowstorm 'til I saw this post (since we live in neighboring states, I checked weather.com).

Upvote 0