Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As most of you know, me and Kevin are having our Orthodox crowning/wedding this weekend on Sunday!

We would appreciate your prayers to keep us safe. Tonight we're having a rehearsal and Kevin heads out for his Bachelor party after that... LOVELY LOL!
His parents and my parents & co came in last night and I was up til 2, as my cousin and his fam flew in 7 hrs late and the shuttle would only take them airport to airport, so I picked them up and took them to the hotel. So much for going early to bed.

I'd really appreciate some prayers for us and our families and friends.
I'll check in before then but I'm just coming in to turn and change clothes right now.

Jennie-Xenia & Kevin :wave:

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wil pray for you and I will pray that his bachelor's party is not too wild.

Most Orthodox couples I know who are preparing for their Crowning ceremony try to spend the evening in prayer after the rehearsal dinner especially those who are attending Sunday Divine Liturgy with the Crowning Ceremony in the afternoon.

I do hope the day comes when all Orthodox couples are married during the Sunday Divine Liturgy as it used to be in ancient times. Then the cup of Salvation is the Precious Body and Blood of Christ and not just blessed wine.

Upvote 0

autumngirl

Sep 14, 2005
✟15,358.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
You know I wish you all the best, my neighbor! You have all my prayers for a healthy, loving, happy and blessed marriage. Could you please post a couple of photos of the wedding some time? I have only seen an Orthodox wedding in "The Deer Hunter". Blessings, and prayers.
Carol (Autumngirl)

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Aria said:
I wil pray for you and I will pray that his bachelor's party is not too wild.

Most Orthodox couples I know who are preparing for their Crowning ceremony try to spend the evening in prayer after the rehearsal dinner especially those who are attending Sunday Divine Liturgy with the Crowning Ceremony in the afternoon.

I do hope the day comes when all Orthodox couples are married during the Sunday Divine Liturgy as it used to be in ancient times. Then the cup of Salvation is the Precious Body and Blood of Christ and not just blessed wine.

Like e=mv^2 said, it's for the bachelor's friends... not for the bachelor LOL. It's just Kevin and two of his friends. One of who is married, but his wife doesn't seem to have much say in anything. It was rather funny because when they were taking off Father said: So I guess you'll be having chips and soda and go by Blockbuster for a cartoon. ;) He knew exactly what was going on... :D Kevin would rather kill himself than hurt me in any way and I know it... I just miss him like crazy right now. I have barely seen him much since he got here.
If Kevin would be Orthodox already we would definitely had done the Liturgy wedding. We had our rehearsal today since Father has Vespers tomorrow night and at least we just get to spend tomorrow night quiet and calm.

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be prepared!!!

After one bachelor party (I WASN'T in on this one!!) the "doomed man" regained a verry hung-over conciousness with no shoes & shirt on a Greyhound bus with a one way ticket from NYC to Miami-no wallet & 2 quarters in his pocket.... he came to around Virginia & it was 48 hours 'til the wedding^_^

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
RobNJ said:
Be prepared!!!

After one bachelor party (I WASN'T in on this one!!) the "doomed man" regained a verry hung-over conciousness with no shoes & shirt on a Greyhound bus with a one way ticket from NYC to Miami-no wallet & 2 quarters in his pocket.... he came to around Virginia & it was 48 hours 'til the wedding^_^

They all have to 'represent' at 10 am tomorrow morning so they'd better all figure out how to look not so hung over. They are all military so if they in any way get in trouble it goes directly to command too... :D
Clothed and less clothed establishments close in 30 mins here in MD so I suspect he'll come dragging home in a while... I'm printing programs... ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.