Pre-Trib Only Another dream of the rapture?

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Satan has no business in anything connected with the Rapture. Not sure about the significance of your dream, but since no one knows the day nor the hour, and yet you had someone giving you a specific time, you need to carefully assess whether this dream is from God or not. God never contradicts His written Word, but you have two contradictions right here.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No warning of the rapture ? Does the bible say anything about that ?
Absolutely. While the return of Christ for the saints is *imminent* there will be no warning. That is why Christians are commanded to be ready and alert at all times.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely. While the return of Christ for the saints is *imminent* there will be no warning. That is why Christians are commanded to be ready and alert at all times.

How do you make yourself ready and alert for an event of the rapture we know little about?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There have been many signs leading to the rapture and to the tribulation, God has given many many dreams and visions to his ppl and his ppl have shared them but who will listen? The blood moons was one of the biggest signs that the end is near but again who has the wisdom to listen?

Btw I don't mean to be on a prophetic dream train here but last night once again I had a dream about the end times, it's short but meaningful, in the dream people were talking about the rapture and everyone was wanting it to come soon and then I saw these words appear in my dream- THE THIRD IS COMING exactly like that all caps except it also had a line under it as if to add emphasis and today as I woke up I wondered what that meant but the only thing I could think of was the third horse of the four horsemen the Black rider

I don't fully understand revelations as it is a very complex and symbolic read but if I recall the black horsemen was about famine, I have heard many having dreams of an economic collapse but if this is what my dream was speaking of is this horsemen a literal figure or just symbolic? Like is the black horsemen the antichrist or is it Obama?

Very obscure don't you think.?.....i believe Jesus will reveal all things to his people who wait on.him...it will be clear for each individual to accept

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do you make yourself ready and alert for an event of the rapture we know little about?
If you study the terms "sober", "vigilant", "watch" "watch and pray"and "be ready" throughout the New Testament, you will find much to lay hold on. The parables connected with the Olivet Discourse (Matthew 28, Mk 13, Luke 21) provide food for thought. We know enough from Jn 14:1-3, 1 Jn 3:1-3, and other passages that the Rapture is a Blessed Hope for believers.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you study the terms "sober", "vigilant", "watch" "watch and pray"and "be ready" throughout the New Testament, you will find much to lay hold on. The parables connected with the Olivet Discourse (Matthew 28, Mk 13, Luke 21) provide food for thought. We know enough from Jn 14:1-3, 1 Jn 3:1-3, and other passages that the Rapture is a Blessed Hope for believers.

Many dream and say many different things concerning the last days...bible speaks of falsehood and deceptions...it's no wonder why many do not listen to everything that is spoken from different people....

So.that is why I will seek my own dreams and visions from God...He said if we ask we will receive...I think visions and warnings will be on a more personal.level.For when the time comes so we will not be deceived one day he will pour out his spirit again and the witness of events to come will be revealed even more clearly

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So.that is why I will seek my own dreams and visions from God...He said if we ask we will receive...I think visions and warnings will be on a more personal.level.For when the time comes so we will not be deceived one day he will pour out his spirit again and the witness of events to come will be revealed even more clearly
I hope you read my experience with this. Sometimes we have dreams and visions and we end up more confused than we were before we had it.Instead seek a deeper and closer walk with the Lord. That takes away any anxiety about the rapture.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hope you read my experience with this. Sometimes we have dreams and visions and we end up more confused than we were before we had it.Instead seek a deeper and closer walk with the Lord. That takes away any anxiety about the rapture.
Precisely. One will note in the Bible that those who received dreams and visions did not ask for them. Rather God chose to give them to certain individuals, and only on occasion. So seeking dreams and visions could trigger evil spirits providing misleading dreams and visions. We already have Scripture and the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth. But among North American Indians it was customary for young men to go off for a period and seek dreams and visions. They certainly received them, but from which spirits? Shamans also receive dreams and visions from those same spirits.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I can answer this while avoiding a debate at the same time. While I do have different Eschatological beliefs than you, we still have the same God and still follow the same Holy Spirit. With that being said, I believe each person has or will be given specific instructions by God to get ready for the tribulation/rapture. My parents have recently begun a certain project that they feel strongly in their spirits for. While I believe my mom still is pre-trib, my dad is beginning to wake up to the possibility of a post-trib/post-wrath scenario, that of which I've been trying to teach and talk to him about. Now mind you, all of these events could not happen for about 20 years and when it comes we'll be completely ready all because of what God had instructed us to do years/decades before. It could also be so that we'll have a certain amount of skills needed to survive during that specific time.

I hope you see where I'm going with this. The best way to make yourself ready and keep alert is to listen and follow instructions given to you by God. Some of them may feel strange and completely out of character for you, but after some prayer and spending time with Him, you may decide to go along with what you feel pushed to begin. Or you could have been doing what God has wanted you to do for years now to get ready. I challenge you to ask God what He wants you to do to get ready, then just wait for the answer. If you don't get an answer immediately, keep asking, He may be wanting to make sure you want to know and not just because someone told you to ask him.

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Precisely. One will note in the Bible that those who received dreams and visions did not ask for them. Rather God chose to give them to certain individuals, and only on occasion. So seeking dreams and visions could trigger evil spirits providing misleading dreams and visions. We already have Scripture and the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth. But among North American Indians it was customary for young men to go off for a period and seek dreams and visions. They certainly received them, but from which spirits? Shamans also receive dreams and visions from those same spirits.

Agreed. I've recently begun telling the Lord to block any dreams that are not from Him. Mind you, I may need to continually ask Him for this for a while before He actually does it, because the other night.....let's just say I don't see where or how that dream was from the Lord.

I am definitely more of a dreamer than someone who receives visions. My visions are rare compared to dreams. Even though I do write down all my dreams (as a just in case scenario), I'm focusing my mind to not focus myself on a dream that I cannot see how that was from God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. I've recently begun telling the Lord to block any dreams that are not from Him. Mind you, I may need to continually ask Him for this for a while before He actually does it, because the other night.....let's just say I don't see where or how that dream was from the Lord.

I am definitely more of a dreamer than someone who receives visions. My visions are rare compared to dreams. Even though I do write down all my dreams (as a just in case scenario), I'm focusing my mind to not focus myself on a dream that I cannot see how that was from God.

Yeah, I have been asking the same. I realize that some dreams are not inspired by our Father. so I ask for no dream to get through except the one's He is sending. And, I play scripture while I sleep so any conversation in my dreams will be the Word. It helps me a lot.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I have been asking the same. I realize that some dreams are not inspired by our Father. so I ask for no dream to get through except the one's He is sending. And, I play scripture while I sleep so any conversation in my dreams will be the Word. It helps me a lot.

My God give us all his visions in truth

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would dreams from God cause you to be confused ?.... That does not sound right...imo sis

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My God give us all his visions in truth
Why are we talking about "visions of truth" instead of the Word of Truth (Scripture)? Scripture is sufficient (2 Tim 3:16,17). Jesus said "Thy Word is Truth". Why is that insufficient for Christians? Is that because some are "ever learning and never able to come unto the knowledge of the truth"(2 Tim 3:7).

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are we talking about "visions of truth" instead of the Word of Truth (Scripture)? Scripture is sufficient (2 Tim 3:16,17). Jesus said "Thy Word is Truth". Why is that insufficient for Christians? Is that because some are "ever learning and never able to come unto the knowledge of the truth"(2 Tim 3:7).

If it's visions of truth then it goes without saying truth is God's word ie scripture

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I took that to mean visions of THE truth. Yes the Word is truth, but like the visions Apostles Peter and Paul, some times we have to be shown things visually. I believe the Word when it says we shall see visions and dream dreams in the last days. But, we do not want visions and dreams that come from the enemy.

Everything should align with the Word, even dreams and visions. We just can't take them at face value because there is so much deception in these last days.Few walk in supernatural power of the Holy Spirit these days, and are missing out on the wonderful experiences that was enjoyed by the Church in the book of Acts. But, being the optimist that I am, I believe the Church of the last days will be more glorious than the early Church. What we have to be aware of is we should not pour water on each other's experiences, but should help each other to test all things by the word of God .

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why would dreams from God cause you to be confused ?.... That does not sound right...imo sis
You have to test them to see if they are from our Father brother. If it does not line up with the Word, it is not from our Father in Heaven. Like I said earlier. The world is full of deception these days.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have to test them to see if they are from our Father brother. If it does not line up with the Word, it is not from our Father in Heaven. Like I said earlier. The world is full of deception these days.

I understand that but if it was from God it should not be confusing...but like manna...easy to comprehend understand and received...definitely not confusing ....

There is already enough confusion....then for God to add on top of that?...forgetaboutit

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't get me wrong I have dream in the past many times that I still believe was from God....that is why I believe God will give us clarity when the time comes concerning the rapture...I have not been giving anything yet is all...and I've ask ...many many times

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I understand that but if it was from God it should not be confusing...but like manna...easy to comprehend understand and received...definitely not confusing ....

When you have your rapture dream brother, please report it here. And please show the interpretation thereof. I don't think I have communicated well to you what I mean. But I do believe Lord Jesus will visit you in your dreams. I think lots of people are having dreams these days, but the interpretations are messed up, and folks are reporting and predicting things that do not happen.

Upvote 0