United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello Rat Fancier here!

I'm also hoping to become a mouse fancier as well. If you have any questions please ask me via comments or PM. Below are my rats Apollo and Artemis. They are standard, black eyed, black/white, hooded, top-eared rats of the genus Rattus norvegicus domestica (Berkenhout, 1769).

83442187_740262806464140_8259683393990557696_n.jpg

Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your kind thoughts for Spiro, it’s nothing that can work out, We are making him as comfortable until we know for certain he can no longer carry on, but then those times are so hard to determine
Hi; do you have an animal doctor nearby?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey Brother, haven’t seen you for a while? Everything ok?
Spiro went back home to Jesus in January.
It’s never easy.
Oh, you must miss him.

Doing fine; God bless your family.

(Great text there; from a Psalm, I think...)

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@blessedmomof5: So do you think you'll buy another pet to replace the one which died?
We adopted 2 rescue dogs (brothers) in march. Right before we were put in stay at home orders in NY!
They bring such Joy to our lives..they have heartworm and yesterday they started treatment to kill those horrible creatures 3508B1E1-23EF-40DF-89A9-CD946099A96C.jpeg

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We adopted 2 rescue dogs (brothers) in march. Right before we were put in stay at home orders in NY!
They bring such Joy to our lives..they have heartworm and yesterday they started treatment to kill those horrible creatures View attachment 274771
Great photo! :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They bring such Joy to our lives..they have heartworm and yesterday they started treatment to kill those horrible creatures View attachment 274771

They are beautiful and I'm sure they will bring much love and joy into your lives. They will repay your kindness many times over.
All the very best to you all:)
What are their names?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I think God gave us animals for our enjoyment and help and encouragement; as well as for His own pleasure. We need to take care of God's creation while we are yet here ---would you say?

I believe so.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We have two cats,A gray tabby kitten 3 months old who is an absolute sweetheart,and
an 8 month old norweigan forest cat who is moody and feisty,but is awesome with our younger kitten and treats him like her baby. She is also beautiful.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We have two cats,A gray tabby kitten 3 months old who is an absolute sweetheart,and
an 8 month old norweigan forest cat who is moody and feisty,but is awesome with our younger kitten and treats him like her baby. She is also beautiful.

Norwegians and Main Coons are just my top of the line cats -- They are so big and fluffy and beautiful. Can you post pics?---I'm groveling here!

• Friendly
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I love my pet human. Got him to do many tricks but still cant get him to go outside to use the toilet! Extremely frustrating! :mad:

Well, show him up and learn to use his indoor one!! That'll pop his eye sockets!!

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,016,111.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well, show him up and learn to use his indoor one!! That'll pop his eye sockets!!

I have but he hates me using up all the toilet roll! :oops:

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Norwegians and Main Coons are just my top of the line cats -- They are so big and fluffy and beautiful. Can you post pics?---I'm groveling here!

Im so sorry but dont have any pics on my pc.Stormy is a grey tabby,and Forest is black with a white tuxedo and long whiskers,She also has a long fluffy tail.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟403,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I love all animals that are not bound to kill me, for they are made by God and He enjoys all of His creation (thankfully all mankind). It is interesting to me that some animals make a contribution to man (probably most of them in some manner), and some actually serve man such as horses, oxen, dogs, etc. who like man. Others are predators or otherwise afraid of man. I don't like people to abuse animals of any kind, for they are just being natural and not bad, as people are at times ---often their mean spirit is because they are afraid.

My wife and I have had cats and dogs over the years, and my favorite was German Shepherds, and we had four of them over the years. Well, I don't know how much I can contribute here, but I would like to hear from ones who have some interesting interaction with animals.
- 1watchman
@1watchman I've always wondered about symbolism of certain animals in the Bible, and I LOVE a lot of animals I truly do. But back to the topic of animals what about doves as representing the Holy Spirit, sheep representing Israel and believers, goats as non believers, white horses in Heaven, the four faces of the angels in Ezekiel of the ox the man the eagle and the lion, Jesus as the Lion of Judah and the Lamb, Eagles as a representation of strength in Isaiah, donkey that spoke to Balaam in the old testament or that Jesus rode into Jerusalem, the snake that deceived Eve.

Then there are animals viewed as bad in superstitions like crows etc but I dont have to say much about that.

Are there such a thing as bad animals? Even with dogs there are good and bad dogs, some animals seem to always act a certain way towards people where as others are capable of acting either good or bad and some like doves that seem good always. What is your opinion of the idea of good and bad animals, and those in between?

Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
@1watchman I've always wondered about symbolism of certain animals in the Bible, and I LOVE a lot of animals I truly do. But back to the topic of animals what about doves as representing the Holy Spirit, sheep representing Israel and believers, goats as non believers, white horses in Heaven, the four faces of the angels in Ezekiel of the ox the man the eagle and the lion, Jesus as the Lion of Judah and the Lamb, Eagles as a representation of strength in Isaiah, donkey that spoke to Balaam in the old testament or that Jesus rode into Jerusalem, the snake that deceived Eve.

Then there are animals viewed as bad in superstitions like crows etc but I dont have to say much about that.

Are there such a thing as bad animals? Even with dogs there are good and bad dogs, some animals seem to always act a certain way towards people where as others are capable of acting either good or bad and some like doves that seem good always. What is your opinion of the idea of good and bad animals, and those in between?

Personally I don’t believe anything is bad but they might have evil spirit in them, which makes them act evil ways. As bible says evil spirits can move in animals as they can move in people.

Upvote 0