Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
At rhe nra convention; mid speech for 30 seconds or so

Donald Trump's "glitch" during NRA speech raises questions

a different source had said it was a teleprompter issue but that hasnt been confirmed.
and as IF it's a teleprompter issue. Trump taunts and insults Biden for his use of teleprompter, as do people here on this very website.

So I feel confident that it is not a teleprompter issue. Trump wouldn't lie about that.

And so we're left with a mitch McConnell episode. His first.

Is there other evidence Trump is unfit for presidency?

Zaha Torte

Jesus Christ is the Eternal God
May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married

a different source had said it was a teleprompter issue but that hasnt been confirmed.
and as IF it's a teleprompter issue. Trump taunts and insults Biden for his use of teleprompter, as do people here on this very website.

So I feel confident that it is not a teleprompter issue. Trump wouldn't lie about that.

You can see the teleprompters and how Trump is staring at them - he does not appear lost or that he is losing focus.

He shakes his head like he is responding to someone on his earpiece (probably confirming to them that the teleprompters aren't working).

He looks a little impatient as if he is waiting for someone to fix them - then it looks as though he turns toward someone to his left.

I think people taunt and insult Biden for his very significant dependence on the teleprompter and how he often reads the parts out loud that he shouldn't.

If Democrats want to claim that Trump is unfit for office because of this then they should have implemented the 25th long ago on Biden.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,137,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Surely you jest!
He was unfit in 2016 and the evidence has been mounting up steadily since then.
But if another glitch happens, may it happen during the debates.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,419,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Manchurian candidate? :scratch:

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟151,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Seems like both politicians have glitched out over the past few years. We need younger candidates. Pete Buttigieg (D) or Nikki Haley (R) would be miles/kilometers ahead of the current two options we have.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,259,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Hey, at least he, surprisingly, turned his mouth off waiting for the teleprompter to reboot.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Seems like both politicians have glitched out over the past few years. We need younger candidates. Pete Buttigieg (D) or Nikki Haley (R) would be miles/kilometers ahead of the current two options we have.
I agree on the age argument - but not those two choices.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Surely you jest!
He was unfit in 2016 and the evidence has been mounting up steadily since then.
But if another glitch happens, may it happen during the debates.
The debate with the actual glitchy guy?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟722,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

He stops - looks directly at the teleprompter - shakes his head - looks agitated and then starts where he left off.

If the name was Biden, it would be hands down an equipment glitch, but hey! It's Trump so it can't possibly be an equipment failure could it!?

#liberalpipedreams live on

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟250,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't see the video as it's really not something I care that much about, but I saw someone suggest that it was choreographed for dramatic effect and was just really badly done. There was supposed to be some music playing or something and this was some kind of weird feigned reverence. I have no idea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
I didn't see the video as it's really not something I care that much about, but I saw someone suggest that it was choreographed for dramatic effect and was just really badly done. There was supposed to be some music playing or something and this was some kind of weird feigned reverence. I have no idea.
Sounds like something Biden would try to do.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟499,036.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Nah, that does look like a teleprompter glitch or some other technical issues. It's not at all like McConell, who basically froze in place. I am surprised that Trump, who is known for going off script all the time, just waited and stared.

I'd also like to point out that the video is slowed down to make the pause appear seem even longer, which in itself is pretty dishonest.

Edit: It's been mentioned to me that the video isn't actually slowed down, it just looks that way due to quality issues and Trump talking a bit slower than usual.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Nah, that does look like a teleprompter glitch or some other technical issues. It's not at all like McConell, who basically froze in place. I am surprised that Trump, who is known for going off script all the time, just waited and stared.

I'd also like to point out that the video is slowed down to make the pause appear seem even longer, which in itself is pretty dishonest.
That McConnell glitch was really freaky, and I didn't even notice that they slowed the video. Good catch.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟629,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That McConnell glitch was really freaky, and I didn't even notice that they slowed the video. Good catch.
I have nothing for or against McConnell, but in that case he clearly went out to lunch. I didn't follow up on it, so offhand I'd chalk it up to a dizzy spell. Maybe he was dehydrated.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
I have nothing for or against McConnell, but in that case he clearly went out to lunch. I didn't follow up on it, so offhand I'd chalk it up to a dizzy spell. Maybe he was dehydrated.
I think the job is just a lot of stress and pressure and everyone in office is getting too old to handle it.

Upvote 0