✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Nope.

I do not think that a “High Priest” that makes offerings on a fire made of a bunch of burning shipping pallets has any real authority.

2ccpcux.jpg

Rabbi Baruch Kahane, shown here offering the Omer (barley) sacrifice to God in the heart of the Old City of Jerusalem, has been appointed as High Priest by the nascent Sanhedrin. (Photo: Abba Richman)

I cant find any other sources for this so will need conformation.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Nope.

I do not think that a “High Priest” that makes offerings on a fire made of a bunch of burning shipping pallets has any real
authority

Agreed. I haven't heard anything about this on any Jewish sites or news.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Bricks for The Altar? Anyway:

While the Nascent Sanhedrin recommended Rabbi Baruch Kahane as the Kohen Gadol, it did not officially appoint him as he made it clear he would be unwilling to accept such an appointment at this time. The Sanhedrin recommended him for the position of “Rosh Kohanim” (head of the priests), a role with Biblical precedent which is often but not always synonymous with that of the High Priest. The court recognized and blessed Rabbi Kahane’s invaluable efforts in the past to advance the issue of reinstating the Temple Service, which include participating in reenactments and establishing a school for educating kohanim.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think the more investigative question is, what would a Sanhedrin look like to the State of Israel? or more precisely how do the scriptures identify and describe all the functions that a Sanhedrin with authority would wield within the nations of this world?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums