Rotherham,uk
✟15,277.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
"when you pray, go into your rommm and shut the door and pray to your father, who is in secret" matthew 6:6

If i am to recieve God's message into myslf so that it striks root, germinates and bears fruit, I need silence. This silence- 'be still and know that I am God'(Ps 46:10) - is difficult to achieve. But it is the perequisite of listening and it involves telling myself, firmly and authoritatively, to stop chattering, to shut up!

When I resist the temptation so go straight from my breakfast to my desk and start writing but, instead, move to my desk via my prayer corner, the quality of my work improves because, deliberately, I take time to drop anchor into God. I know this to be true. I have proved it over and over again.

(taken from Listening to God, p 166)

PsH

Oct 3, 2006
✟7,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"when you pray, go into your rommm and shut the door and pray to your father, who is in secret" matthew 6:6

If i am to recieve God's message into myslf so that it striks root, germinates and bears fruit, I need silence. This silence- 'be still and know that I am God'(Ps 46:10) - is difficult to achieve. But it is the perequisite of listening and it involves telling myself, firmly and authoritatively, to stop chattering, to shut up!

When I resist the temptation so go straight from my breakfast to my desk and start writing but, instead, move to my desk via my prayer corner, the quality of my work improves because, deliberately, I take time to drop anchor into God. I know this to be true. I have proved it over and over again.

(taken from Listening to God, p 166)
This is why in psalms it says 'selah' to make us stop and be still.

jus a thort that may be helpful :)

Upvote 0