UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One is to see the demonic behind everything, the other is to deny that demons exist.

Those saying that demons are behind everything like tattoos, illness or whatever are just being silly and discrediting the Bible.

I believe the biggest error of all is not seeing God behind everything. I hear something like "It's controlled by the devil!" on a regular basis from the fearful; but no one seems to understand that the "devil" is controlled by God.
But, fearmongering seems to be selling these days, so I suppose those who buy fear are in great supply.

Upvote 0

JellyQuest

Dec 14, 2016
nz
✟18,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One is to see the demonic behind everything, the other is to deny that demons exist.

Those saying that demons are behind everything like tattoos, illness or whatever are just being silly and discrediting the Bible.
how many times have you cast a demon out of a person ?

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟200,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe the biggest error of all is not seeing God behind everything. I hear something like "It's controlled by the devil!" on a regular basis from the fearful; but no one seems to understand that the "devil" is controlled by God.
But, fearmongering seems to be selling these days, so I suppose those who buy fear are in great supply.

One need only read the opening of book of Job to see that. :)

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
how many times have you cast a demon out of a person ?

Several people, real demons, the people were hurting themselves like the man throwing himself into fire. One was at Church, She was holding a gun to her head.

Upvote 0

JellyQuest

Dec 14, 2016
nz
✟18,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Several people, real demons, the people were hurting themselves like the man throwing himself into fire. One was at Church, She was holding a gun to her head.
odd how there are so much of it in churches is it not ,doesn't say a lot for mans business modules he calls church .

you know then the insidious nature in which they operate .
the reference to job is in error . God did not control the devil the devil is a rebl . but god turns what the devil does to the good of his children .god does not do evil .
the devils always deceive .they re lairs . they never do anything but lie and deceive .they will inspire peole to do ungodly things and then get them to self justify those things , they work with the soulish flesh of a person . so a person who does not acknowledge the lord and submit to his lordship in their life seeking to do HIS will, is by default submitted to the spirit of this world /
the error so many make is in thinking there is some neutral ground .
there is not .

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
odd how there are so much of it in churches is it not ,doesn't say a lot for mans business modules he calls church .

you know then the insidious nature in which they operate .
the reference to job is in error . God did not control the devil the devil is a rebl . but god turns what the devil does to the good of his children .god does not do evil .
the devils always deceive .they re lairs . they never do anything but lie and deceive .they will inspire peole to do ungodly things and then get them to self justify those things , they work with the soulish flesh of a person . so a person who does not acknowledge the lord and submit to his lordship in their life seeking to do HIS will, is by default submitted to the spirit of this world /
the error so many make is in thinking there is some neutral ground .
there is not .

Satan can not do anything without God's permission, read Job.

Upvote 0

JellyQuest

Dec 14, 2016
nz
✟18,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan can not do anything without God's permission, read Job.
So God gives satan permission to work in wicked men and molest innocent children ? Absolutley NOT. ..
This is the same error job`s companions made. To attribute evil to God. It is important to understand the difference between ability and authority.
A home owner has the authority to go in and use or take what he wishes.
A thief has no authority.but still has the ability to break in and steal. Its what makes him a thief.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,097,967.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So God gives satan permission to work in wicked men and molest innocent children ? Absolutley NOT. ..
This is the same error job`s companions made. To attribute evil to God. It is important to understand the difference between ability and authority.
A thief has no authority.but still has the ability to break in and steal. Its what makes him a thief.
The Bible has the Almighty saying He creates good AND evil. Obviously the devil has freedom to bring about evil. What do you think he does with his time? In the garden of Eden all was perfect. Then Adam (who was not deceived) and Eve (who was deceived) decided to have a go at not perfect.

In a sense we are in a grand experiment, finding out what not perfect leads to, and that can indeed be horrific, when people act as their own little gods (really, usually unknowingly, under the devil.)

That troubles anyone and when I prayed about it one thing I felt the Almighty told me is, "Heaven is worth anything."

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You misusing what I wrote, in context Job belongs to God for being a Righteous man. Satan needs to get permission from God to do anything to believers. Some understand Paul's thorn in the flesh as being an attack on his physical body by demons.

Disaster is likely the better translation below:

Isaiah 45:7
King James Bible
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

New International Version
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

Jeremiah 19:15
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon this city and upon all her towns all the evil that I have pronounced against it, because they have hardened their necks, that they might not hear my words.

English Standard Version
“Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, behold, I am bringing upon this city and upon all its towns all the disaster that I have pronounced against it, because they have stiffened their neck, refusing to hear my words.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟86,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Actually satan doesnt need 'permission' from God he rebels anyway. God does limit what he does though and Jesus defeated him so its a moot point. Focus on what Jesus does, and you will be right. Jesus cast demons out of people who were afflicted. He didnt say to everyone stop sinning! Some people couldnt stop sinning because they were bound. Thats wny Jesus had to set them free.

Please read your bible again.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1 Peter 5:8 ESV
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Job 2:6 ESV
And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your hand; only spare his life.”

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually satan doesnt need 'permission' from God he rebels anyway. God does limit what he does though and Jesus defeated him so its a moot point. Focus on what Jesus does, and you will be right. Jesus cast demons out of people who were afflicted. He didnt say to everyone stop sinning! Some people couldnt stop sinning because they were bound. Thats wny Jesus had to set them free.

Please read your bible again.

Why was Satan unable to sift Peter? I think it was because Peter belonged to God, under God's Authority and Jesus would not give the Devil permission to do it.

Luke 22:31
International Standard Version
"Simon, Simon, listen! Satan has asked permission to sift all of you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your own faith may not fail. When you have come back, you must strengthen your brothers."

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟86,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You need to read the bible in order as well. Like whole stories not just one or two verses here and there.

We live in a fallen world and things are not perfect but we are being perfected in Christ. We come against satan all the time as hes the prince and power of the air. The anti-christ is always working in people who are not believers.

Upvote 0