An error in the qur'an.

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
It is said that the qur'an was written down on tablets before the earth was even created by the 'pen' from Allah's command. These words that came straight from God were dictated to Mohummad through an angel. Therefore, if there is a single error in the qur'an (the perfect word of God) it either means Allah, the all-knowing mighty God of the universe is wrong, or that the qur'an isn't the real word of God.

To avoid any confusion whether the translation or 'interpretation' is accurate from the original, I have provided 5 different translations.

The 5th surah, ayah 14 states:

Ahmed Ali:
We had taken the pledge of those also who call themselves Christians. But they too forgot to take advantage of the warning they were given. So We have caused enmity and hatred among them to last till the Day of Resurrection, when God will inform them of what they were doing.

The Noble Qur'an:
And from those who call themselves Christians, We took their covenant, but they have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection (when they discarded Allâh's Book, disobeyed Allâh's Messengers and His Orders and transgressed beyond bounds in Allâh's disobedience), and Allâh will inform them of what they used to do.

Pickthal:
And with those who say: "Lo! we are Christians," We made a covenant, but they forgot a part of that whereof they were admonished. Therefore We have stirred up enmity and hatred among them till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will inform them of their handiwork.

Shakir:
And with those who say, We are Christians, We made a covenant, but they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of, therefore We excited among them enmity and hatred to the day of resurrection; and Allah will inform them of what they did.

Yusuf Ali:
From those, too, who call themselves Christians, We did take a covenant, but they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them: so we estranged them, with enmity and hatred between the one and the other, to the day of judgment. And soon will Allah show them what it is they have done.

Allah's prediction of enmity and hate between christians until the last day was incorrect. Yes in the past different Christian sects or denominations have been against each other, and even today they may dissagree with each other in specific details. However saying that Allah cursed Christians to hate fellow Christians for the end of time simply isn't true. For a muslim to get around this, they must lie to themselves. It's a false prophecy.

Allah would have been more accurate to say "We had taken the pledge of those also who call themselves Muslims. But they too forgot to take advantage of the warning they were given. So We have caused enmity and hatred among them to last till the Day of Resurrection, when God will inform them of what they were doing". Because they are actually killing each other in hate.

This isn't a hadith with questionable authenticity, this is the word of Allah himself.

My aim isn't to stir up hate, it is basically just to make people question things in life. God has shown He exists. We're told to seek God with all our hearts.

Jeremiah 29:12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

God wants us to seek Him, to question things we've been taught, and do it with all our heart.

Source and further reading: http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7350&hilit=error+in+the+qur'an

elwill

Feb 10, 2008
cairo / egypt
✟16,330.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
It is said that the qur'an was written down on tablets before the earth was even created by the 'pen' from Allah's command. These words that came straight from God were dictated to Mohummad through an angel. Therefore, if there is a single error in the qur'an (the perfect word of God) it either means Allah, the all-knowing mighty God of the universe is wrong, or that the qur'an isn't the real word of God.

To avoid any confusion whether the translation or 'interpretation' is accurate from the original, I have provided 5 different translations.

The 5th surah, ayah 14 states:

Ahmed Ali:
We had taken the pledge of those also who call themselves Christians. But they too forgot to take advantage of the warning they were given. So We have caused enmity and hatred among them to last till the Day of Resurrection, when God will inform them of what they were doing.

The Noble Qur'an:
And from those who call themselves Christians, We took their covenant, but they have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection (when they discarded Allâh's Book, disobeyed Allâh's Messengers and His Orders and transgressed beyond bounds in Allâh's disobedience), and Allâh will inform them of what they used to do.

Pickthal:
And with those who say: "Lo! we are Christians," We made a covenant, but they forgot a part of that whereof they were admonished. Therefore We have stirred up enmity and hatred among them till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will inform them of their handiwork.

Shakir:
And with those who say, We are Christians, We made a covenant, but they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of, therefore We excited among them enmity and hatred to the day of resurrection; and Allah will inform them of what they did.

Yusuf Ali:
From those, too, who call themselves Christians, We did take a covenant, but they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them: so we estranged them, with enmity and hatred between the one and the other, to the day of judgment. And soon will Allah show them what it is they have done.

Allah's prediction of enmity and hate between christians until the last day was incorrect. Yes in the past different Christian sects or denominations have been against each other, and even today they may dissagree with each other in specific details. However saying that Allah cursed Christians to hate fellow Christians for the end of time simply isn't true. For a muslim to get around this, they must lie to themselves. It's a false prophecy.

Allah would have been more accurate to say "We had taken the pledge of those also who call themselves Muslims. But they too forgot to take advantage of the warning they were given. So We have caused enmity and hatred among them to last till the Day of Resurrection, when God will inform them of what they were doing". Because they are actually killing each other in hate.

This isn't a hadith with questionable authenticity, this is the word of Allah himself.

My aim isn't to stir up hate, it is basically just to make people question things in life. God has shown He exists. We're told to seek God with all our hearts.

Jeremiah 29:12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

God wants us to seek Him, to question things we've been taught, and do it with all our heart.

Source and further reading: Faith Freedom International • View topic - The Quran has officially been shown to be in error.

i didn't get your point , are you want to say that the different sects of christianity loves each other now ?

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I wopuld suggest ks that we look at the entire section or topic as it's deealt with in Qur'an..

I like A. Yusuf Ali so I'll quote from that as an English source:

Allah did aforetime take a covenant from the Children of Israel, and we appointed twelve captains among them. And Allah said: "I am with you: if ye (but) establish regular prayers, practise regular charity, believe in my messengers, honour and assist them, and loan to Allah a beautiful loan, verily I will wipe out from you your evils, and admit you to gardens with rivers flowing beneath; but if any of you, after this, resisteth faith, he hath truly wandered from the path or rectitude."

[SIZE=-1]But because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them, and made their hearts grow hard; they change the words from their (right) places and forget a good part of the message that was sent them, nor wilt thou cease to find them- barring a few - ever bent on (new) deceits: but forgive them, and overlook (their misdeeds): for Allah loveth those who are kind.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]From those, too, who call themselves Christians, We did take a covenant, but they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them: so we estranged them, with enmity and hatred between the one and the other, to the day of judgment. And soon will Allah show them what it is they have done.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]O people of the Book! There hath come to you our Messenger, revealing to you much that ye used to hide in the Book, and passing over much (that is now unnecessary): There hath come to you from Allah a (new) light and a perspicuous Book, ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]So from verses 12 to 15 in Surih 15 we see a gradual developement here where people begin to ignore their covenant with God and disbelieve and persecute His Messengers.. [/SIZE]

The Lord Jesus makes I believe a very similar statement in the Gospel of Mark

6:4 But Jesus, said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

and in the Gospel of Matthew:

23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee,

Also.. as others have noted above, there is diviseness and rancor among Christians and serious divisions and wars have occurred between them...

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Allah's prediction of enmity and hate between christians until the last day was incorrect. Yes in the past different Christian sects or denominations have been against each other, and even today they may dissagree with each other in specific details

I wanna laugh, seriously. Even Peter and Paul didn't get along with each other and disagreed over what Jesus(PBUH) had said, so even in the very beginning you guys didn't get along and were fighting amongst yourselves. Then let's take the whole Catholic/Protestant split and wars with people dying on all sides have come about as a reason for this.

Oh yeah, let's add that you call those who don't adhere to your particular brand of Christendom as not being "Christians".

Upvote 0

benmaarof

Feb 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
✟16,643.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
There's still tension between the Catholic Republicans and the Protestant Royalists in Northern Ireland. In the 1990's the Orthodox Serbs were at war with the Catholic Croats. And the various Christian monks were still at odd with each other at Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem.

The only way that most of them would reconcile with each other is by becoming less Christian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Let's read the Tafsir on this..
﴿فَنَسُواْ حَظّاً مِّمَّا ذُكِرُواْ بِهِ فَأَغْرَيْنَا بَيْنَهُمُ الْعَدَاوَةَ وَالْبَغْضَآءَ إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَـمَةِ﴾
(but they have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection;) Meaning: `We planted enmity and hatred between them, and they will remain like this until the Day of Resurrection.' Indeed, the numerous Christian sects have always been enemies and adversaries of each other, accusing each other of heresy and cursing each other. Each sect among them excommunicates the other sects and does not allow them entrance to their places of worship. The Monarchist sect accuses the Jacobite sect of heresy, and such is the case with the Nestorians and the Arians. Each sect among them will continue to accuse the other of disbelief and heresy in this life and on the Day when the Witnesses will come forth.

Ibn Kathir
He makes good points... The major differences between the Nestorians, Arians, etc.

In modern day, I don't know how you don't see hatred between Christian sects. I have heard many Protestants claim that Catholics are all going to hell, etc.

And just because this is said, doesn't mean that Christianity would be the only religion with hatred in it. Muhammad also said something along the lines of "In Judaism, there will be 71 sects of Judaism, 72 of Christianity, and 73 of Islam." He didn't mean the numbers to be literal, but meant to show that (one day) there will be more division in Islam than in even Christianity! And this hadith is sahih, so it is authentic!

ks, when I joined this forum, I was the biggest critic of Islam. But through speaking to Muslims myself and learning from Islamic sources(not just skeptical sources) my perception on Islam has greatly changed. Sure, the religion isn't always compatible with Western ideas... I am a homosexual, and in a true Islamic state, I could face death. Yes, that sounds horrible, but I still love Islam, because it is such a beautiful religion with far more good than bad. Now let's talk about your religion ks. Let's talk about the Bible and the problems/errors I see with it. :) You should investigate your own religion first, before condemning others.

Upvote 0