America loosing , What is the future of America?

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Norseman said:
If the ice is floating (even if some of the ice is above the surface), when it melts the water around it will go down. .

Not quite right. The floating ice displaces exactly its own mass in water and because ice is as you say, less dense than water, it floats. When the ice melts it will contribute to the water volume exactly the same amount of volume as was displaced by the ice. There would be no change to the water level.

Upvote 0

Maria_adams

Oct 10, 2004
✟296.00
Faith
Hindu
rahul_sharma said:
[/color]
I can understand people have problems with China, specially americans and japanese because of lack of democracy there and so called (i am not very sure) very low human right records but i have not seen any one not recognising India's true attempts to come out of poverty which was the result of 1000 years barbaric Islamic and British rule over it which converted world's oldest and richest civilization into one of poor countries. Within just 55 years of it's independence...this hugeee country has achieved all this and that also with genuine Democracy.

Intresting facts about India..
1)World's largest Democracy.
2) presently,4th largest economy.
3) Economy expanding at rocket speed.
4) projected as world Economic gaint within 2 decades by IMF and others (i hope they are not fools)
5)100% self sufficient on major food production.
6)Didn't accepted even a penny from foreign countries after Tsunami

India and China have some serious probles , so what? ...they are trying to overcome them. America, Britian , Japan also have serious problems , so what?....they are also trying.
I definately have problems with China but India is too good. I love it's colourful culture and philosphical nature. I would love to see India rising but not China.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
stray bullet said:
Our problems don't really compare to them. We don't have rampant poverty and massive social problems.

Dude, Ive traveled all over the USA and I have seen with my own eyes THOUSANDS of people per city who live in the streets and eat out of rubbish bins. I worked in a summer camp and saw kids with the most dysfunctional homelifes and half of them were on perscription drugs. School shootings, 'normal' Gun rampages, 50% of the worlds narcotics consumed, 3 million people in prisons. These are just some of the things that make a lie of this statement.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No Superpower in world history has held that status forever. Egypt, Persia, Greece, Rome, Spain, France, Britain, not to mention the Mongols, the Incas, the Aztecs and many others had their run as a "Superpower." People have predicted the end of the US as a Superpower in the past and been wrong. It will almost certainly happen someday just as it has happened to others, but I don't put much stock in specific predictions that it will be India or China. It could happen, but only time will tell.

Remember, if past predictions would have been correct we would all have 20-hour workweeks and we would be traveling in flying cars by now.

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
marshlewis said:
Dude, Ive traveled all over the USA and I have seen with my own eyes THOUSANDS of people per city who live in the streets and eat out of rubbish bins. I worked in a summer camp and saw kids with the most dysfunctional homelifes and half of them were on perscription drugs. School shootings, 'normal' Gun rampages, 50% of the worlds narcotics consumed, 3 million people in prisons. These are just some of the things that make a lie of this statement.

People live in the streets for failing to take advantage of existing social programs. They aren't there because they were born into the wrong caste.

Some people just don't want help.

I didn't say we had no problems, look at my post. However, we don't have the problems at the magnitude they do.

Upvote 0

awesome liver

Mar 1, 2005
✟16,471.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
by the title of this thread, america is losing its education program.

oh snap!

let's focus more on what their learning instead of actually teaching them. that's the mentality the "morality police" are taking. there's a reason southern states (red) states are so far behind in education. big cumbersome states such as texas, florida, california, and new york are of course, outliers.

Upvote 0

rahul_sharma

Hindu dominated India - Largest Democracy on Earth
Sep 11, 2004
New Delhi
✟3,888.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
Maria_adams said:
I definately have problems with China but India is too good. I love it's colourful culture and philosphical nature. I would love to see India rising but not China.

I admit China have some problems. i would love to see free Tibet and Taiwan, Democracy and only then rise of China. But it's very difficult now to free Tibet and Taiwan from China. I can only pray for them.
and yeah, India is really too good.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
awesome liver said:
by the title of this thread, america is losing its education program.

oh snap!

let's focus more on what their learning instead of actually teaching them. that's the mentality the "morality police" are taking. there's a reason southern states (red) states are so far behind in education. big cumbersome states such as texas, florida, california, and new york are of course, outliers.

Behind in education?

They've behind in education ever since so-called reconstruction.

Upvote 0

sanaa

Sep 30, 2004
bombay
✟3,305.00
Faith
Hindu
stray bullet said:
And also most of the poorest people live in these countries, which do not have the resources to support a middle class and will have some serious problems in the future.

Again, growth rates are well and good, but they can't go on forever, as was the case with Japan.

um india has a very big middle class and it is not on the "verge of starvation" , if u see the godowns they are overflowing with foodstocks . we have a SURPLUS . even with a surplus there is a problem with the food distribution program , that needs to be sorted out . and there is no "exploitation of the poor" , atleast something which does not happen in every other country . if u study indian law , u will see how it is in favour of the poor and against exploitation , we have one of the best laws in the world . yes it is not implemented properly everywhere but for that we need 100% literacy so the poor know their rights and there is no coruption . and i love how u put democracy in quotes , just to tell u our democracy is functioning fine .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If I was a betting man, my money would be on the U.S. succeeding. There are several huge problems and the U.S. needs to find better solutions to it's social problems. Education, homelessness, poverty, the environment, the food supply, oil shortages, etc.......But even with all of that, the U.S. is still the greatest nation on earth. There are still good days ahead......

Upvote 0