✟10,751.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Here is an article linked from the front page of Yahoo! about 8 seconds ago:

Top Vatican archbishop calls gay marriage 'evil'

What I hate is the wording used in the article. Here is the second paragraph:

The attack by Archbishop Angelo Amato, secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, was the latest in a string of speeches made by either Pope Benedict or other Vatican officials...

Since when is it an "attack" to identify something evil? I don't like where things seem to be heading.

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
the article was not that bad, it was secular and gave a leaning to abortion and "gay rights", but I have read a lot more hostil articles
since when did "states give rights" i thought God gave rights and states recognized them. just a little tid bit I picked up from the article

Upvote 0

Look Homeward Anglican

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
United States
✟10,751.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I have seen worse articles as well, but not (that I can recall anyway) from Reuters, and not linked to from the Yahoo! front page. The language used by this writer is highly biased sounding for anything mainstream. The secular world, which has always found our way of life offensive, is now graduating to calling our moral precepts attacks. My concern is that if this is allowed to continue, legislation will eventually follow.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.