Visit site
✟1,358,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Therefore, I will always be ready to remind you of these things, even though you already know them, and have been established in the truth which is present with you. I consider it right, as long as I am in this earthly dwelling, to stir you up by way of reminder, knowing that the laying aside of my earthly dwelling is imminent, as also our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. And I will also be diligent that at any time after my departure you will be able to call these things to mind” (1 Peter 1:12-15 NASV).

We all need reminders, at times, don’t we? Especially as we age we tend to forget more, and so we need more reminders. If I don’t write things down somewhere visible where I know I am going to check daily, I know I will forget many things. I used to multitask very well. Not anymore. I used to be able to juggle a lot of different things in my mind all at once. That day is long gone. I now have an old people’s mind which is not as sharp as it once was. It still works, mind you, but it needs a lot of tweaking (fine-tuning).

Have you ever noticed how much the Scriptures repeat the same message over and over again? They do! The messages aren’t always exactly in all the same wording as one another, but they still convey the same message repeatedly throughout the New Testament, in particular. And what is that central message that bears repeating over again? It is the message of the gospel of Christ which teaches us that faith in Christ results in us dying with Christ to sin and living to God and to his righteousness (1 Peter 2:24).

So, why the need to keep repeating this message? Because us humans are easily distracted by other things, and because we have lots of voices speaking to us throughout our days, and because we live in flesh bodies, we need these reminders that we need to daily, by the Spirit, be putting the deeds of the flesh to death, and daily, by the Spirit, we must be walking in obedience to our Lord in living holy lives, pleasing to God. For this reason Jesus gave his life up for us on that cross (Romans 6:1-23; Romans 8:1-14).

For, even if we are living holy lives, pleasing to God, it is no guarantee that at some point, when facing temptation to sin, that we won’t give in. So, even if we are well established in our walks of faith, and even if we have been serving the Lord for many years, that does not make us immune to temptation nor to giving into that temptation, if our hearts and minds are not fully armored up with the spiritual armor of God. It is still possible! So, that is why we need reminders as a safeguard against falling into sin.

And, actually, the more these things are reinforced in our minds, the more likely we are going to be able to resist the devil and to flee temptation and to follow our Lord in obedience, instead. So this is why we must be in the word daily, studying it for ourselves, in context, under the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit who is living within those of us who are of genuine faith in Jesus Christ. And this is because the days are evil, and our enemy is like a roaring lion prowling around seeking whom he may devour.

“For we did not follow cleverly devised tales when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, ‘This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased’— and we ourselves heard this utterance made from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain” (1 Peter 1:16-18 NASB).

And then Peter gave the assurance that what he was teaching the believers in Christ was the truth of the gospel and not cleverly devised tales created in the minds of deceitful human beings. Now, not like Peter, none of us alive today have literally witnessed Jesus Christ in person. But many of us have known the Scriptures from childhood and have walked in obedience to our Lord for many years. Now those who know my testimony know that I had a time of failure, but the Lord delivered me from that, praise his Holy Name.

But, other than that, I have been a follower of Christ most of my life, so about 60 years, and I have taught the Scriptures about 50 years, and I have been sharing my daily devotions on the internet full-time 17+ years under the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit living within me. But this does not make me perfect, and this does not mean that I get everything right. But as far as I am aware, what I am sharing with you is the truth of God’s word as it was taught by Jesus and by his NT apostles.

But I am not unapproachable, and I am fully willing to have what I share tested against the Scriptures (in context) if you believe that what I am sharing with you is in error. I just ask that you give me a specific quote from what I shared (in context) and that you let me know what it is you disagree with and why. For I can’t answer generalized criticisms. I need specifics so that I can then reply with specifics. And I just ask that you voice your differences respectfully. I am not going to respond to slanderous remarks.

But, as far as I am aware, what I am sharing from God’s word daily on the internet is in line with what the Scriptures teach. And so I am a person of integrity when it comes to sharing the truths of the Scriptures, as Peter stated that he was, too, for I also do not follow cleverly devised tales created in the minds of other human beings. But many of them do so with a willful and deliberate intention to deceive naïve and unsuspecting minds. But I am diligent about making certain that what I share with you is the truth.

Should I Not Preach Jesus

An Original Work / July 4, 2013
Based off 1 Corinthians 9:16-10:13

Woe to me should I not preach Jesus.
I’m compelled to preach the full gospel.
I make myself a slave to ev’ryone
To win their hearts to Christ.
All this I do for my Lord Jesus,
And for the sake of His Name;
Do it for the sake of His gospel,
So that I, its blessings gain.

Scripture notates the sins of others;
Written down for us as examples
To keep us from setting our hearts
On evil as did those of old.
Do not worship other gods of man;
Do not give your hearts to them;