Alive unto God #2

P

phaneroo

[Romans 7:9]; For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Paul speaks of a time when he was once alive without the law. However, it is clear from the life of Paul that he was a man born and raised under the law. He studied at the feet of Gamaliel, the Doctor of the law. He was a Hebrew of Hebrews, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Pharisee of Pharisees. At what point was Paul ever without the law?

Paul is taking us to the Genesis 1 experiences of the spirit man created in God who was without law. In Genesis 1, the man was to eat of any fruit and of any tree. That was a liberty because of the nature that he carried. In Genesis 2, we see a commandment not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil.

Understand that when Paul says that when the commandment came, sin revived and I died, the 'revival' of sin meant that sin was already in existence. But this is sin the nature (harmatia) and not sin the act (harmatano).

The first Adam, the Genesis 2:7 man, was already corruptible before he even got corrupted. He did not become corruptible after he was corrupted. The commandment given to him was not given with the intent of corrupting him but rather, the devil, taking advantage of that which was good (the commandment) beguiled the man and worked death in him.

The spirit man, he in Genesis 1 is a free man. He is without law. This is the reason why we do not see 'thou shall not' in Genesis 1. The kind of word you preach to him is what the Bible calls the law of freemen. It is not a 'do not' affair. It is a 'you can do all things affair.'

When that man comes in the flesh as the Christ, we see him defy all laws; he not only walks on water but he also heals on the Sabbath. He was alive unto God in the sense that he was eternally conscious and carried the knowledge of the God nature that he had.

Scripture Reference

Genesis 1:29, Genesis 2:16-17, James 1:25

He was alive unto God in the sense that he was eternally conscious and carried the knowledge of the God nature that he had