Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Although the official Vatican media tries to hide the reality, the truth is that attendance at the events presided over by Francis are plummeting.

For several months now, due to the reduced mobility suffered by the Pontiff, the Vatican has been trying to control and limit all of Francis' movements. The low attendance and participation of the faithful in the Angelus, audiences or Masses in the Vatican has set off alarm bells in Rome.

In this medium, both Specola and La Cigüeña de la Torre have echoed on countless occasions the continuous gaps that Pope Francis faces every time he has a public meeting. The vast majority of official photographs are close-ups of Pope Francis and first rows to avoid showing gaps and empty chairs. Gone are those years of enthusiasm in which St. Peter's Square became too small and you had to queue for hours to get a place.

Francis empty space

As Specola stated a few weeks ago on his blog, "the content of the audiences is of no interest to anyone; papal catechisms, once so closely followed and cared for, are today inconsequential. Pope Francis continues with his problems with the persistent knee that does not fully straighten and that makes it impossible to extend the audience with hugs and kisses. "You can no longer hear the cheers for the Pope, you can't breathe the warmth and affection of the attendees."

These gaps, already typical on Sundays - during the Angelus prayer - and on Wednesdays - in the Pope's public audiences - are also extending to other events of greater significance.

Without going any further, during these last few days we have confirmed the low attendance of faithful at two very important events such as the creation of 21 new cardinals last Saturday or the Mass on Wednesday with which the starting signal for the start was given. of the Synod Assembly. The images of both Masses leave no room for doubt and it is a topic (that of empty chairs) that is increasingly discussed in ecclesial environments.

Secularization or abandonment of the message of Christ?

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
... sorta like Joe Biden events in our country.
Not too many people show up for them either.
It’s very carefully filmed to avoid that appearance.

• Informative
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It’s very carefully filmed to avoid that appearance.

Yeah, at Biden events, rarely do they even show the audience ...
or should I say, lack thereof?

... But hey, when you're in charge and running things, who needs an audience?
:blush:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, at Biden events, rarely do they even show the audience ...
or should I say, lack thereof?

... But hey, when you're in charge and running things, who needs an audience?
:blush:
Well publicity is a thing so they try to project things in the best light possible when it comes to the audience.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well publicity is a thing so they try to project things in the best light possible when it comes to the audience.
Good point. I hadn't thought about the publicity angle!

I think that's another reason why some of the elites hate Trump so much.
He appears to still be very popular, by the sheer sizes of the crowds that go to see him.
(And they don't need to do any 'fudging' with the cameras to make it look that way!)

^_^

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
... sorta like Joe Biden events in our country.
Not too many people show up for them either.
Parallels of the two of them - the pope and the president - the ecclesial and the secular - are remarkable and continue to grow in number. The spirit that links them seems, more and more to me, to be "progressivism". These are certainly times to remain very, very close to the Lord, seeking His Spirit in all things.

• Agree
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Parallels of the two of them - the pope and the president - the ecclesial and the secular - are remarkable and continue to grow in number. The spirit that links them seems, more and more to me, to be "progressivism". These are certainly times to remain very, very close to the Lord, seeking His Spirit in all things.

Yes, it really is amazing ... the similarites between the two leaders. There are many.

Well, they both aggressively support the progressive agenda; those plans for the world.
And confusion and chaos appears to be the way in which they go about promoting and implementing it.

I'm working harder these days, on fixing my focus on the Lord.
I do see all the confusion as 'distraction' from Him, least that lately has become apparent to me.
If the enemy can keep us distracted and confused, it's a 'win' for him.
That's not a win I want to give him, and especially not at this very eventful time in human history ...

• Winner
Reactions: fide
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Parallels of the two of them - the pope and the president - the ecclesial and the secular - are remarkable and continue to grow in number. The spirit that links them seems, more and more to me, to be "progressivism".

I learned yesterday that Latin Masses in the diocese next to mine continue now to be shut down. It's happening very quickly.
While there are no TLM in my diocese, in the next they currently have had 10 churches where one could go.
As of November 1st, there will only be 3, with no lasting guarantees.

One church the bishop has now designated as a shrine, hoping that shrine status will protect the TLM there.
The other 2 churches are awaiting papal approval to continue.

I know some will say it is 'the bishop' doing these things, and technically, it is. But just like during the pandemic, we were told 'the governors' , employers, businesses were doing it, when in reality it was the spirit of the president behind it. The TLM is now shutting down, because the spirit of the pope is behind it.

I suspect bishops are under alot of pressure right now to stop the TLM, as this particular bishop previously allowed the TLM to flourish within his diocese and currently has taken a stand against implementing LGBTQ+ policies in his diocesan Catholic schools. He seems to be a 'good guy'.

Like it is sad to experience harshness and persecution from one's own president, it is sad to experience the same from one's own spiritual leader. It does feel harsh and like religious persecution, to have the TLM taken away from those of us who love and treasure it, and the way that this is being done.

... feels alot like 1970 all over again, except I do not believe there is time left for mankind to wait years for the TLM to return and flourish again.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I learned yesterday that Latin Masses in the diocese next to mine continue now to be shut down. It's happening very quickly.
While there are no TLM in my diocese, in the next they currently have had 10 churches where one could go.
As of November 1st, there will only be 3, with no lasting guarantees.

One church the bishop has now designated as a shrine, hoping that shrine status will protect the TLM there.
The other 2 churches are awaiting papal approval to continue.

I know some will say it is 'the bishop' doing these things, and technically, it is. But just like during the pandemic, we were told 'the governors' , employers, businesses were doing it, when in reality it was the spirit of the president behind it. The TLM is now shutting down, because the spirit of the pope is behind it.

I suspect bishops are under alot of pressure right now to stop the TLM, as this particular bishop previously allowed the TLM to flourish within his diocese and currently has taken a stand against implementing LGBTQ+ policies in his diocesan Catholic schools. He seems to be a 'good guy'.

Like it is sad to experience harshness and persecution from one's own president, it is sad to experience the same from one's own spiritual leader. It does feel harsh and like religious persecution, to have the TLM taken away from those of us who love and treasure it, and the way that this is being done.

... feels alot like 1970 all over again, except I do not believe there is time left for mankind to wait years for the TLM to return and flourish again.
I keep remembering the Lord: (John 15:18) "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you." And there is much "world" in the institutional Church.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Iuxta Crucem Lacrimosa

Oct 15, 2023
Oslo
✟3,870.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Why would people leave room in their busy schedules when all they ever get is just another mouthful of progressive hogwash from the pope? It’s redundant. The people always need something in return for their investments, that goes for time spending as much as it does for finances. The take away from most of pope Francis’ speeches are the same as you get all of the time in the secular world, just with a hint of obscure theology. Definitely not worth the time it takes.
It’s actually more frustrating for us Scandinavians to see this development than I guess it is for most folks. This is due to the fact that we already witnessed this very same tendency outplaying itself in the Lutheran state churches in our respective countries. They went super liberal sometime in the 60s and we saw the churches growing emptier and emptier for every year that passed. Now it’s usually just the priest and perhaps a few old ladies left.
As a norwegian catholic I already knew the outcome of the route pope Francis chose. Heck, we could tell the direction and the outcome of the modern day church way earlier than that as we’ve seen how progressivism kill the spirit of the christian people.
It’s just so sad to think about all the appointments the pope has made to date. It makes it so hard to believe in a spiritual revival in the church. The upcoming conclave will consist of nearly two/thirds of Francis appointees..
Mary pray for us

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pope Francis and Joe Biden aren't even close to being alike.

Pope Francis is pro-life and an opponent of war. He upholds the teachings of the Catholic Church.

Joe Biden is a leftist who is pro-abortion and pro-war and letting the US be drawn
into a war in the Middle East, something Ronald Reagan wrote against letting this happen
in his diary.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pope Francis and Joe Biden aren't even close to being alike.

Pope Francis is pro-life and an opponent of war. He upholds the teachings of the Catholic Church.

Joe Biden is a leftist who is pro-abortion and pro-war and letting the US be drawn
into a war in the Middle East, something Ronald Reagan wrote against letting this happen
in his diary.
They both speak out of both sides of the mouth. "Duplicity" links them, and links them to the one who has done that from the beginning.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They both speak out of both sides of the mouth. "Duplicity" links them, and links them to the one who has done that from the beginning.
No so Pope Francis. I know you don't like him, but that's your problem, not his. :D

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No so Pope Francis. I know you don't like him, but that's your problem, not his. :D
Dear Brother, a serious problem is for those who cannot discern truth when they have eyes to see, and ears to hear, in these dark and darkening days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brother, a serious problem is for those who cannot discern truth when they have eyes to see, and ears to hear, in these dark and darkening days.
You see yourself as being able to discern what is true or not better than anyone else, including Pope Francis? :D

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You see yourself as being able to discern what is true or not better than anyone else, including Pope Francis? :D
Not "anyone else", no, but I have very serious doubts about the discernment abilities of this pope. Not all popes are saints, I hope you realize.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Although the official Vatican media tries to hide the reality, the truth is that attendance at the events presided over by Francis are plummeting.

For several months now, due to the reduced mobility suffered by the Pontiff, the Vatican has been trying to control and limit all of Francis' movements. The low attendance and participation of the faithful in the Angelus, audiences or Masses in the Vatican has set off alarm bells in Rome.

In this medium, both Specola and La Cigüeña de la Torre have echoed on countless occasions the continuous gaps that Pope Francis faces every time he has a public meeting. The vast majority of official photographs are close-ups of Pope Francis and first rows to avoid showing gaps and empty chairs. Gone are those years of enthusiasm in which St. Peter's Square became too small and you had to queue for hours to get a place.

Francis empty space

As Specola stated a few weeks ago on his blog, "the content of the audiences is of no interest to anyone; papal catechisms, once so closely followed and cared for, are today inconsequential. Pope Francis continues with his problems with the persistent knee that does not fully straighten and that makes it impossible to extend the audience with hugs and kisses. "You can no longer hear the cheers for the Pope, you can't breathe the warmth and affection of the attendees."

These gaps, already typical on Sundays - during the Angelus prayer - and on Wednesdays - in the Pope's public audiences - are also extending to other events of greater significance.

Without going any further, during these last few days we have confirmed the low attendance of faithful at two very important events such as the creation of 21 new cardinals last Saturday or the Mass on Wednesday with which the starting signal for the start was given. of the Synod Assembly. The images of both Masses leave no room for doubt and it is a topic (that of empty chairs) that is increasingly discussed in ecclesial environments.

Continued below.
Want to see those numbers go way up? Have the next conclave read off the name of cardinal Sarah. It will take a few hours for the square to fill to the brim.

Right now if I were to go to Italy I would want to go to Florence and Assisi and go see the Padre Pio sites. Oh, and the Vatican Museums. But St. Peter's Square would depress me. Maybe the Coloseum and the Forum and the fountains would be OK though, and gelato in the evening.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Want to see those numbers go way up? Have the next conclave read off the name of cardinal Sarah. It will take a few hours for the square to fill to the brim.

Right now if I were to go to Italy I would want to go to Florence and Assisi and go see the Padre Pio sites. Oh, and the Vatican Museums. But St. Peter's Square would depress me. Maybe the Coloseum and the Forum and the fountains would be OK though, and gelato in the evening.
The plans sound wonderful. I adore Cardinal Sarah and admire Padre Pio. Issues and all! ;)

Joking again about issues. ;) I’m goofy. Running on about an hour of sleep today.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Francis empty space

Continued below.
Maybe Pope Leo saw this in his vision.
He also passed out and made the 2 prayers to St Michael.
The long one and the short.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep scatter.

I always considered the end times were far off.
With so many signs unfolding, it makes sense we see this.

Upvote 0