Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Advancing Through Adversity by Charles F. Stanley

Have you read it? My sister recently gave me a copy and I'm just now getting around to reading it. It really has some great insights to why things happen and how to better handle trials when they come. I'm highlighting a bunch of parts but here's one I really liked:

The Lord has a way of arranging things so that good comes from bad. That's His very nature as Redeemer- to take what enslaves us and to use it to free us. When the Lord redeems a situation, He also sends a message to other people who observe what God is doing in our lives. That message may bring about many different reactions- from conviction to repentance to praise. What God does for good in our lives is never limited to us; it is always for others, too.

Reneemo4

Hello God? It's me, Renee...
May 25, 2011
Ontario, Canada
✟16,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
I love Charles Stanley. I am blessed to have a UCB Canada radio station in the city I work in and they play a lot of his sermons/messages. He's really great.

I like this too. I've been trying to find the good in how I've been beat down by some people here at work. So maybe watching me perservere will encourage others, or learn something from my awful experience makes me more hopeful that good will end up coming out of this! Thanks for posting it Heather. :)

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Have you read it? My sister recently gave me a copy and I'm just now getting around to reading it. It really has some great insights to why things happen and how to better handle trials when they come. I'm highlighting a bunch of parts but here's one I really liked:

The Lord has a way of arranging things so that good comes from bad. That's His very nature as Redeemer- to take what enslaves us and to use it to free us. When the Lord redeems a situation, He also sends a message to other people who observe what God is doing in our lives. That message may bring about many different reactions- from conviction to repentance to praise. What God does for good in our lives is never limited to us; it is always for others, too.

I'm not familiar with that title but he's an amazing teacher and I love that quote!

Upvote 0
R

Riot Riot Riot

I remember my parents used to watch his television show yeaaaars ago. I don't know if I liked him or not, because I was only 14 and didn't care. All I knew is that his neck made me think of an Anole lizard. :sorry:

Nonetheless, that quote was very good. :) I'd be willing to check his stuff out, but chances are I'll forget about this thread in about 2.5 seconds...

Upvote 0

Reneemo4

Hello God? It's me, Renee...
May 25, 2011
Ontario, Canada
✟16,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
I have never heard of him, but I'm also learning a lot about a world that's been unexplored for me. After I finish this one (it's very small) I'll be looking for more of his books.

Look for DVD's and stuff too. This is his online home:
In Touch Ministries > Home

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

Sounds good. I do believe that, as well. Makes it really important to really watch how I'm reacting to life events, however small, because we are always being watched and as it's been said, the lesson is not just for us. Too true. Thank you for posting that helpful reminder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums