Adoration and the concept of time

BAChristian

Discerning the Diaconate. Please pray for me.
Aug 17, 2003
Indiana
✟13,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ever notice that when you go to Adoration and sit before our Lord, that the concept of time seems to leave the room?

That "feeling" would also be backed by the fact that divine spirits do not exist in time and space as we know it. They are neither here nor there.

I went to Adoration last night. And it hit me. It was an interesting feeling. Thought I'd share.

I mentioned it to a woman as I was passing by her on my way to the car. She looked at me and said, "You know what, you're right. I've never thought about that before..."

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟445,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Ever notice that when you go to Adoration and sit before our Lord, that the concept of time seems to leave the room?

That "feeling" would also be backed by the fact that divine spirits do not exist in time and space as we know it. They are neither here nor there.

I went to Adoration last night. And it hit me. It was an interesting feeling. Thought I'd share.

I mentioned it to a woman as I was passing by her on my way to the car. She looked at me and said, "You know what, you're right. I've never thought about that before..."
He is outside of time. Time is a construct for the flesh.
Spirit is speedy because and it's hard to ravel the mind around this, but life in the flesh is like a video on slow mo.

Spirit is not constrained to time... it's timeless.
As the Lord sees history beginning to end as if looking at a ruler and we are living it in ssssllllloooooooowwwwww mo.
Time is very short indeed.

Watch a youtube video of fast mo and slow mo and spirit is fast and flesh is slow..
It helps to get an idea.

But I read eternity and timelessness is not measured as measure.
It's 'Now and present' and nothing is measured.

I am in joy - no time measured. Therefore; our loved ones see us crossing in the gates to them it was mere seconds ago they left us. If they are at all aware of time on earth at all.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0