Administrative Matters: Protocol for Rule Violations

Should we use the main Foru.ms protocol (see link in OP) to handle rule violations?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We've had a fairly peaceful sub-forum here so far, and I don't anticipate many problems since we've kept our rules simple. However, in the event that someone does break the rules while posting in our sub-forum, I guess we need to decide on a method to deal with it. My suggestion is that we use the main Foru.ms protocol:
http://foru.ms/faq.php?faq=staff_protocol#faq_breeches_of_rules

This protocol covers post edits, deletions, FSBs, etc. It is subject to change due to the wiki process, but we can post the link so that any updates can be easily noted. My opinion is that any other sub-forum-specific policies would be unnecessary for our purposes. If we want to do this, we will have to vote this in and sticky it in our sub-forum so that the mods can act accordingly because these procedures are not automatically applied to the congregational forums and subforums.

EDIT: I have added a poll. It is open to all who identify themselves as Progressive/Evangelical/Non-Traditional Seventh-day Adventists, in accordance with our sub-forum rules. The poll will remain open for four days.

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Foru.ms protocol sure beats that semantic travesty they have implemented in the main forum.

What a joke that whole thing is out there. They are going to suffocate and strangle themselves on thier own rules! ROFL!! ^_^
This was predicted long ago and already there are some just looking for anything that even comes close to an 'infraction' and reporting it.

I vote 'yay'.

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And they're complaining about frivolous reporting. :sigh:
Out of one side of their mouth they complain about it, but at least one of them is the 'primary frivolous reporter' reporting anything and everything in an effort to get certain members banned, or at least a 2 week FSB. I sincerely hope that the mods, especially the ones voted in, can be truly unbiased and subscribe to their responsibilities according to Foru.ms, and NOT the agendas of those who seem to make the most noise on the SDA forums.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spohia can you get clarification on a possible problem. If a person comes to the progressive section, baits someone, gets flamed and reports that "flame" that action does not seem right. Especially given the fact that the progressive sub forum is independent of the main adventist forum. I am asking this because I don't want the misery they love in the main forum or even the debate forum to spread here.

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spohia can you get clarification on a possible problem. If a person comes to the progressive section, baits someone, gets flamed and reports that "flame" that action does not seem right. Especially given the fact that the progressive sub forum is independent of the main adventist forum. I am asking this because I don't want the misery they love in the main forum or even the debate forum to spread here.

I know. That could be a problem. There used to be a baiting rule in the old CF rules, and then for a while it was included under the flaming rule. There's nothing about baiting now in the general rules. Do we want to make a rule about that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightEternal

Evangelical SDA
Apr 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
✟6,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Doubtless, this whole thing is going to cause certain annoying, vindictive people to gloat with joy and glee. However, none of it would have been necessary if Woob had not made it necessary.

Furthermore, no one in here is 'begging' for this rule. It is just something that needs to be done and it's only ONE rule. A far cry from the Trads and thier maze of rules that no one is able to find thier way out of.

So they can take thier gloats and strategically place them up where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since this poll has now closed and the measure has passed, I added a statement to the PSDA sub-forum rules sticky to indicate that rule violations will be dealt with according to the main Foru.ms protocol.
thanks Sophia for your patience and guidance....

Upvote 0