Visit site
✟83,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Three different Hebrew words in Genesis refer to the idea of ruling over.

ESV Genesis 1:

16 God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule [H4475] the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars.
to rule
לְמֶמְשֶׁ֣לֶת (lə·mem·še·leṯ)
Preposition-l | Noun - feminine singular construct
Strong's 4475: Rule, a realm, a ruler

The greater light is the H4475-ruler of the day.

17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to rule [H4910] over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.
to preside over
וְלִמְשֹׁל֙ (wə·lim·šōl)
Conjunctive waw, Preposition-l | Verb - Qal - Infinitive construct
Strong's 4910: To rule, have dominion, reign

The sun, moon, and stars H4910-rule over the day and over the night.

Two chapters later in Genesis 3:

16 To the woman he said, “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be contrary to your husband, but he shall rule [H4910] over you.
{will} rule
יִמְשָׁל־ (yim·šāl-)
Verb - Qal - Imperfect - third person masculine singular
Strong's 4910: To rule, have dominion, reign

over you.”
בָּֽךְ׃ (bāḵ)
Preposition | second person feminine singular
Strong's Hebrew no number

Is the preposition 'over' implicit in the original Hebrew?

The preposition is explicit in Hebrew as a prefix to the noun.

Brown-Driver-Briggs H4910:

1 human subject, rule, have dominion over ...
2 of heavenly bodies, with בְּ Genesis 1:18.
3 of God, with בְּ
H4910 is used with God, the sun, the moon, stars, and humans. They all H4910-rule over their respective realms in their specific contexts.

Genesis 1:26

Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule [H7287] over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
to rule
וְיִרְדּוּ֩ (wə·yir·dū)
Conjunctive waw | Verb - Qal - Conjunctive imperfect - third person masculine plural
Strong's 7287: To tread down, subjugate, to crumble off

over the fish
בִדְגַ֨ת (ḇiḏ·ḡaṯ)
Preposition-b | Noun - feminine singular construct
Strong's 1710: A fish

1. The sun, moon, and stars H4910-rule over the day and night.
  2. Adam H4910-rules over Eve.
  3. Mankind H7287-subjugates animals.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Interesting that Adam rules over Eve in the context of a curse.
1 Timothy 2:15 is often said to tell us that we can be delivered from the curse: "But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

We are told older women are to teach younger women, and younger women are to teach the children. So a man has to become as a child if he is going to submit to the authority of a women. Although women are to be always ready to share their testimony of what God is doing in their life. So to teach and to be a witness are not the same.

Upvote 0

Rose_bud

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father...
Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟32,240.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
1 Timothy 2:15 is often said to tell us that we can be delivered from the curse: "But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

We are told older women are to teach younger women, and younger women are to teach the children. So a man has to become as a child if he is going to submit to the authority of a women. Although women are to be always ready to share their testimony of what God is doing in their life. So to teach and to be a witness are not the same.
Hi :wave:

At the moment I understand that what you are trying to say is that
1. only childbearing women are saved and no longer under a curse when they give birth. So no hope for women who don't have biological children and no hope for those who are barren.

2. That women can only allowed to teach children, and females, but can be a witness to the gospel?

Please confirm if I understood your logic.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
At the moment I understand that what you are trying to say is that
1. only childbearing women are saved and no longer under a curse when they give birth
Why would you falsely accuse your brethren. Why would YOU add the word ONLY?

Upvote 0

Rose_bud

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father...
Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟32,240.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Why would you falsely accuse your brethren. Why would YOU add the word ONLY?
Hi Diamond7 :wave:

Hope it is well with you today.

I merely wanted to understand what you were trying to say. No desire whatsoever to falsely accuse anybody. So let me rephrase.

In your opinion

Are only childbearing women saved and no longer under a curse when they give birth?. So no hope for women who don't have biological children and no hope for those who are barren?.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Are only childbearing women saved and no longer under a curse when they give birth?. So no hope for women who don't have biological children and no hope for those who are barren?.
Jesus redeems us all from the curse. Galatians 3:13 I believe it is God desire for everyone to be saved.

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." Revelation 22:17

God gives us gifts, talents and abilities at conception and it is up to use to use what we have to bring Him praise and honor and glory.

Reactions: Rose_bud
Upvote 0