Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve are sitting in the Garden of Eden, holding hands and watching a beautiful sunset. As a soft breeze gently sweeps over them, Eve tenderly turns to Adam and asks: "But, do you really love me?"

To which Adam replies, "Who else?"

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
:p

Actually Joshua, I think Adam was a bit more excited than that. So much so that the paraphrase of Genesis 2:22-25 could simply be:

The Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man upon which the man exclaimed .......... YOWZA :D

18 Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”
19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.
21 So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
22 The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones,
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.”
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:p

Actually Joshua, I think Adam was a bit more excited than that. So much so that the paraphrase of Genesis 2:22-25 could simply be:

The Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man upon which the man exclaimed .......... YOWZA :D

18 Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”
19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.
21 So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
22 The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones,
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.”
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
He was not so excited when he said: "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate." As if it were all her fault. If not her then at least the serpent was to blame for the trouble Adam was in.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I think the excitement was when he first laid eyes on her.

The "passing the buck" parts of Genesis 3 (Adam blames Eve AND God, and Eve blames the snake) reminds me of that silly Disney movie, Rocket Man, where the lead character keeps saying, "It wasn't me", whenever he farted :p

We humans haven't changed very much, have we :doh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
He was not so excited when he said: "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate." As if it were all her fault. If not her then at least the serpent was to blame for the trouble Adam was in.
I know, way to throw her under the bus. As if he had no part in the decision to eat it.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
One day in the Garden of Eden Adam walked up to God and said “I'm lonely.” God said “I will make you a companion. You will never be lonely again. She will feed you fantastic meals, cater to your every desire, always obey you, care for you in every way and as a bonus she and you will make wild passionate love as often as you want.” Adam said “Sounds wonderful but I know that everything has a price. What will it cost me?” God said “It will cost you an arm and a leg.” Adam said “That's too expensive. Errr … ahhhh …. ummm … what can I get for a rib?”

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One day in the Garden of Eden Adam walked up to God and said “I'm lonely.” God said “I will make you a companion. You will never be lonely again. She will feed you fantastic meals, cater to your every desire, always obey you, care for you in every way and as a bonus she and you will make wild passionate love as often as you want.” Adam said “Sounds wonderful but I know that everything has a price. What will it cost me?” God said “It will cost you an arm and a leg.” Adam said “That's too expensive. Errr … ahhhh …. ummm … what can I get for a rib?”

^_^:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why did the serpent do it? And why didn't God ask the serpent why it had tempted Eve?

I suspect that the serpent was somewhat ticked because s/he was overlooked as a companion for Adam.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why did the serpent do it? And why didn't God ask the serpent why it had tempted Eve?
I can only assume that the serpent represents satan. The belief is that satan was thrown out of Heaven because of his pride and because he wanted to elevate himself to the place of God. One third of the angels followed satan in his rebellion and now two thirds of humans will follow him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two/Thirds :scratch:
Yes, Jesus says: "For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it." Many compared to few by definition means more then half. Then in Zach 13:8 we read: "In the whole land," declares the LORD, "two-thirds will be struck down and perish; yet one-third will be left in it." Of course this is talking about Israel, but Israel is a type of the church today in that everything God did in Israel He is doing in the Gentile Church today. That is the reason for the warning: "for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either." Rom 11 21

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds allegorical rather than literal.
Yes the story of satan is a lot more allegorical then literal. Also you pick up bits and pieces here and there from different people at different points in time. Except in the book of Job ch 1 where his true colors are plain and clear: 11"But put forth Your hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face."… Or the story of Jesus when He is tempted or tested:

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan!” (Matt4)

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My wife wanted a watch for Christmas, and I told her she doesn't need one.

There's a clock on the stove.

;)
You can buy a watch on Ebay delivered for less then a dollar. It would be a lot easier then for her to have to carry that stove around with her.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can buy a watch on Ebay delivered for less then a dollar.
She owes me enough money as it is.
joshua 1 9 said:
It would be a lot easier then for her to have to carry that stove around with her.
She needs the exercise.

(I'm dead meat if I keep this up! :eek:)

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0