Activist doesn't tip white waitress, boasts of his achievement.

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hundreds of well-wishers have donated money to a waitress to cover the tip a black Oxford student refused to pay because she was white.

Ashleigh Schultz, 24, was reduced to tears when Ntokozo Qwabe – a leader of the campaign to remove a Cecil Rhodes statue at Oxford – and a friend wrote on their cafe bill: ‘We will give tip when you return the land.’

He bragged online that they had made her cry ‘typical white tears’, leaving him ‘unable to stop smiling because something so black and wonderful had happened’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tip-racist-Oxford-student-bragged-online.html

Dude better not eat in a restaurant for awhile; there might be more than tears in his order.

Last edited:

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What?! Another black activist whose nothing more than a racist? I am so shocked!
I was unaware that black activists are typically racists???

In any event, this guy is a bleeping bleeptard. What a bleep.

Hard to imagine someone who is supposed to be intelligent who is attending Oxford would do something so stupid.

Why would you take out your political frustrations on some waitress who has nothing to do with your political issues?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I always tip my wait staff well and don't let politics get into it. For example, I know 100% for a fact that one of the waiters at my favorite Mexican restaurant is an illegal alien. I'm totally against illegal immigration and think it needs to be stopped. But I don't take it out on poor Jose who's just trying to make a living serving food at a restaurant making $2/hour. He does a good job, is pleasant, jokes around with us, etc. He always gets at least 20% tip from me.

People who treat wait staff (and cashiers) poorly need to spend a few years trying to make a living like that and dealing with the public.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was unaware that black activists are typically racists???

Black activists are typically racist? That's.... why do you believe that?

You do realize that's not even close to what I said right?

Why would you take out your political frustrations on some waitress who has nothing to do with your political issues?
Apparently because she's white.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,435.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Apparently because she's white.

No. That was the same thing I got from your remarks. Otherwise why would you reply sarcastically about your shock over a black activist being racist unless that was an expected thing?

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I'm not quite sure of what you meant. perhaps somethings were lost in translation, sarcasm on top of sarcasm can be misinterpreted. Hence my question marks, I wasn't quite sure what you were inferring.

I'm just a little sensitive whenever someone who is black does something stupid. My life experience is that whenever that happens, the rest of us black folk get associated with said stupid person and his views suddenly becomes representative of all blacks...

Upvote 0

Locutus

May 28, 2014
✟22,874.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I always tip my wait staff well and don't let politics get into it. For example, I know 100% for a fact that one of the waiters at my favorite Mexican restaurant is an illegal alien. I'm totally against illegal immigration and think it needs to be stopped. But I don't take it out on poor Jose who's just trying to make a living serving food at a restaurant making $2/hour. He does a good job, is pleasant, jokes around with us, etc. He always gets at least 20% tip from me.

People who treat wait staff (and cashiers) poorly need to spend a few years trying to make a living like that and dealing with the public.

I don't tip wait staff, but I live in a place where they earn $25 an hour minimum - $20 if juniors.

$2 and hour can't possibly be true, in a first world nation. Please tell me you're joking.

Upvote 0

PsychoeDial

God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tip-racist-Oxford-student-bragged-online.html

Dude better not eat in a restaurant for awhile; there might be more than tears in his order.
and a friend wrote on their cafe bill: ‘We will give tip when you return the land.’ That sounds like certain members politics here.
I wonder if there's a relation?
Ntokozo Qwabe , congratulations! You have your 15 minutes of fame. And it all surrounds your own bragging that you're a racist hole. Well done sir! And we even know what you look like thanks to the Mail. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't tip wait staff, but I live in a place where they earn $25 an hour minimum - $20 if juniors.

$2 and hour can't possibly be true, in a first world nation. Please tell me you're joking.
Wait staff makes $2.00 per hour as the federal minimum wage if they make tips. The theory is that they make tips to make up the difference. It's a terrible system in my opinion, so that's why I'm so generous with tips even if the service wasn't top notch but they were at least trying.

It's a bad gig.

Upvote 0

PsychoeDial

Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
and a friend wrote on their cafe bill: ‘We will give tip when you return the land.’ That sounds like certain members politics here.
I wonder if there's a relation?

Wow, this waitress probably makes crap money at a thankless job but she's apparently powerful enough to be withholding land from people. Lol.

Next time take on a more worthy target..

Upvote 0

PsychoeDial

Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow, this waitress probably makes crap money at a thankless job but she's apparently powerful enough to be withholding land from people. Lol.

Next time take on a more worthy target..
Racists find anyone they target worthy.

Ntokozo Qwabe and his friend apparently didn't realize the stupidity in writing that about the land on the bill wasn't cause to be, ‘unable to stop smiling because something so black and wonderful had happened’.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Locutus

May 28, 2014
✟22,874.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Wait staff makes $2.00 per hour as the federal minimum wage if they make tips. The theory is that they make tips to make up the difference. It's a terrible system in my opinion, so that's why I'm so generous with tips even if the service wasn't top notch but they were at least trying.

It's a bad gig.

But why don't the business owners pay the full amount, like all other businesses? Why are restaurants exempt?

Upvote 0