Amisk

Nov 21, 2004
Wild Rose Country
✟16,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"......Planned Parenthood is being dishonest with women and has made the killing of unborn children a 167 million dollar empire at tax payer expense. Wow! Think of the money! Politicians avoid the controversial issue and treat immigration from abroad as a humanitarian effort instead of a method of correcting the decline in human beings.
Henry Morgentaler fought long and hard in court, and in 1988, he finally won. Today, he is rich. He has baby killing franchises in many provinces and was awarded the Order of Canada.

...But indiscriminate killing of unborn babies in Canada is real. It is being done simply to make money -- and a lot of it. It's also barbaric. Canada is the only country in the world with no law on killing unborn babies. An unborn baby can legally be killed the hour he or she was meant to be born, and with the exception of a few, all members of parliament are able to cash their six digit pay cheques knowing that they are going to do nothing about it. I challenge every one of those members to attend just one partial birth abortion and then try to sleep at night! They feel no shame. Their silence on this matter is selfish and sickening!" <>Jim Hnatiuk - Leader of the Christian Heritage Party Communiqué Vol 17, No 02 Jan 12, 2010

Amisk

Nov 21, 2004
Wild Rose Country
✟16,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In checking out the used books that come into the local Salvation Army Thrift Store, I came across a little book entitled "Yes, I'm a Radical" by Father Ted Colleton C.S.Sp. Published by Interim Publishing Co. 53 Dundas Street E. Suite 306 Toronto, ON M5b 1C6

In this day and age in which both Protestant and Catholic pulpits are silent on the topic of abortion , Father Ted's book is must reading after all both preacher and layman are going to be judged for their weak stand on the killing of the innocent.

Yes there is some Catholic doctrine in his book, but putting that a side, he lays out the facts to be considered when looking at the topic of abortion.

The Church is silent on so many subjects these days that are controversial, and abortion and Euthanasia are just a couple of those major subjects of our day.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
just out of curiosity who can say when it became the popular opinion of the christian church that abortion is wrong?

Does the book by Father Ted discuss translation issues when it comes to abortion? That is there is a certain word that can be translated in two different ways. The difference is determined by pronunciation. Considering all we have is written text how do they determine which way to translate the meaning of the word is the question?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
the opinion of the christian church, or of paul, or of apollos, or of you or of me,
doesn't matter at all. what matters is what ABBA says.

period.

no trouble with translation, one word or a million.

He (Yhwh) executes judgment on those who do , get, approve of, or stay silent about, allowing, abortion.

even many, or some, of those who out loud say they're against it(most all presidents included, test everything. Yhwh knows), in secret or in truth they actually promote it. can't go by what they say.

Upvote 0

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟63,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
just out of curiosity who can say when it became the popular opinion of the christian church that abortion is wrong?

Does the book by Father Ted discuss translation issues when it comes to abortion? That is there is a certain word that can be translated in two different ways. The difference is determined by pronunciation. Considering all we have is written text how do they determine which way to translate the meaning of the word is the question?

Who can say? The Holy Bible say's it's wrong, that's who. Thou shalt not kill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟63,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"......Planned Parenthood is being dishonest with women and has made the killing of unborn children a 167 million dollar empire at tax payer expense. Wow! Think of the money! Politicians avoid the controversial issue and treat immigration from abroad as a humanitarian effort instead of a method of correcting the decline in human beings.
Henry Morgentaler fought long and hard in court, and in 1988, he finally won. Today, he is rich. He has baby killing franchises in many provinces and was awarded the Order of Canada.

...But indiscriminate killing of unborn babies in Canada is real. It is being done simply to make money -- and a lot of it. It's also barbaric. Canada is the only country in the world with no law on killing unborn babies. An unborn baby can legally be killed the hour he or she was meant to be born, and with the exception of a few, all members of parliament are able to cash their six digit pay cheques knowing that they are going to do nothing about it. I challenge every one of those members to attend just one partial birth abortion and then try to sleep at night! They feel no shame. Their silence on this matter is selfish and sickening!" <>Jim Hnatiuk - Leader of the Christian Heritage Party Communiqué Vol 17, No 02 Jan 12, 2010

Progress has been slow, but it is happening here in America. I heard on the news today that the number of abortions has dropped consistently over the past decade in the USA. Praise the Lord!
:amen:

Upvote 0

LoganSC

Aug 5, 2014
✟15,115.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
First off, I'm so glad I've found a place where I can talk to other Salvationists. There's so few of us, especially online.

Secondly, I don't understand why the high brass has said it's okay to have an abortion. I mean, I'd think we're all in agreeance that abortion is murder, so why would they make a statement saying it's okay? All it's done is put a bad light on us soldiers, who have no say in what the Council or General does. Why couldn't they have just *not* made a statement on it, and left it up to us individually to decide, like they do on so many other hot topics, like the age of the Earth?

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First off, I'm so glad I've found a place where I can talk to other Salvationists. There's so few of us, especially online.

Secondly, I don't understand why the high brass has said it's okay to have an abortion. I mean, I'd think we're all in agreeance that abortion is murder, so why would they make a statement saying it's okay? All it's done is put a bad light on us soldiers, who have no say in what the Council or General does. Why couldn't they have just *not* made a statement on it, and left it up to us individually to decide, like they do on so many other hot topics, like the age of the Earth?
They have left it up to you. Their statement on abortion is a positional statement not a doctrine and one is free to disagree with the positional statements.
Just out of curiosity do you have a link to a statement that says generally it is ok to have an abortion. For the most part they seem to be against it but make the allowance that some situations are just difficult and that they are not going to condemn a person in that situation.
The Cyber Corps forum was very active at one stage but I know basically all the Australian Salvos who were on CF got fed up with the way CF was operating and left.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

catholichomeschooler

I agree. How can a nation kill its own children and call itself just?

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It says it in the ancient Didache which is dated by historians to have been written as early as before 70 AD or to as late as 160 AD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It says it in the ancient Didache which is dated by historians to have been written as early as before 70 AD to as late as 160 AD.
doesn't answer the question. it was far later than that when it became compulsory christian view to see abortion as wrong. There were many articles writeen by prominent well respected christians who expressed a different view and people didn't mind. While these days if they expressed the same view they would be ostracised. I am aware that the abortion is wrong view has been around for longer. The original christian view predates that still though just on a side note.

Upvote 0

LoganSC

Aug 5, 2014
✟15,115.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
They have left it up to you. Their statement on abortion is a positional statement not a doctrine and one is free to disagree with the positional statements.
Just out of curiosity do you have a link to a statement that says generally it is ok to have an abortion. For the most part they seem to be against it but make the allowance that some situations are just difficult and that they are not going to condemn a person in that situation.
The Cyber Corps forum was very active at one stage but I know basically all the Australian Salvos who were on CF got fed up with the way CF was operating and left.

I can't post links, so you need to look it up yourself. However, the statement they came out with is too controversial, in my opinion. They would have been better off not making one to begin with.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't post links, so you need to look it up yourself. However, the statement they came out with is too controversial, in my opinion. They would have been better off not making one to begin with.
can you give some key words from the page for me to use in a search. especially a persons name. I haven't been able to find anything. Also which country and territory?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoganSC

Aug 5, 2014
✟15,115.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
can you give some key words from the page for me to use in a search. especially a persons name. I haven't been able to find anything. Also which country and territory?

Just type into Google "Salvation Army view on abortion", it's the first thing that pops up.

I'm in the U.S., Southern Territory, and we all are incredibly opposed to abortion. All the other Christians in our area think we're pro-abortion, because of this stupid international position statement. It's put us in a very precarious situation. I got scolded a couple times while I was ringing bells this last Christmas, and it made me so mad that these people were judging us foot soldiers by what some idiot in the high brass said. I mean, we can stick to our guns with Homosexuality, but not abortion? Abortion isn't nearly as controversial, and that's where we fold?

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just type into Google "Salvation Army view on abortion", it's the first thing that pops up.

I'm in the U.S., Southern Territory, and we all are incredibly opposed to abortion. All the other Christians in our area think we're pro-abortion, because of this stupid international position statement. It's put us in a very precarious situation. I got scolded a couple times while I was ringing bells this last Christmas, and it made me so mad that these people were judging us foot soldiers by what some idiot in the high brass said. I mean, we can stick to our guns with Homosexuality, but not abortion? Abortion isn't nearly as controversial, and that's where we fold?
well ok this is what I find
International Social Justice Commission: Abortion
It speaks against abortion but allows in a couple of situations. One being where the life of the mother is in danger which while rare is correct in following biblical principles of allowing something for the sake of the few. The other case is where the child is not expected to live very long once born. While they don't say so generally when this is mentioned it is measured in days. So I really can't see a statement where they are endorsing abortion. That statement comes from international headquarters.
It is possible that due to the different locations we are in the search results are different which is why I thought a name would be helpful as it is more likely to come up in search results. You could always type in the address but use the word 'dot' instead of '.' and leave a space between that and other words then it won't be a link.

Upvote 0

StRestlessHeart333

Chaldean Catholic
Jul 23, 2014
✟15,513.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Progress has been slow, but it is happening here in America. I heard on the news today that the number of abortions has dropped consistently over the past decade in the USA. Praise the Lord!
:amen:

I think this is due to the wide spread use of contraceptions. Meaning if a couple using contraptions find out they are about to have an unwanted baby, they's still choose abortion. Of course it's not the general case, just maybe most or half of these cases.

Upvote 0