Abiogenesis and Evolution

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
For those who claim that you need abiogenesis in order for the theory of evolution to be true, could you please explain one thing?

What part of the theory of evolution would need to change if the first life on Earth were created by God, and all the life and species we see today evolved through natural processes from that first created life that we all share as a common ancestor?

Reactions: USincognito

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For those who claim that you need abiogenesis in order for the theory of evolution to be true, could you please explain one thing?

What part of the theory of evolution would need to change if the first life on Earth were created by God, and all the life and species we see today evolved through natural processes from that first created life that we all share as a common ancestor?

The random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless, goalless part.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Because humanity isn't a surprise to God.

Why? Because you say so?

How do you know that the deity who started life meant to create an unintelligent reptillian bipedal species that they could use as slaves, and somehow failed? How do you know that a deity started life on Earth without knowing what would happen afterwards?

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why? Because you say so?

How do you know that the deity who started life meant to create an unintelligent reptillian bipedal species that they could use as slaves, and somehow failed? How do you know that a deity started life on Earth without knowing what would happen afterwards?

How do we know that we're more than a random sack of chemicals is what you're asking? It's through a relationship with the creator.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
How do we know that we're more than a random sack of chemicals is what you're asking? It's through a relationship with the creator.

What evidence do you have that you have a relationship with any creator?

It seems that all you have is "because I say so".

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What evidence do you have that you have a relationship with any creator?

It seems that all you have is "because I say so".

It seems that all you have is faith in the view that we're no more than a sack of chemicals.

Is that 'because I say so'?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Let's not forget the qualifications in the opening post:

"What part of the theory of evolution would need to change if the first life on Earth were created by God, and all the life and species we see today evolved through natural processes from that first created life that we all share as a common ancestor?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let's not forget the qualifications in the opening post:

"What part of the theory of evolution would need to change if the first life on Earth were created by God, and all the life and species we see today evolved through natural processes from that first created life that we all share as a common ancestor?"

I posted the part which would need to change.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
It seems that all you have is faith in the view that we're no more than a sack of chemicals.

Why would it take faith to not believe claims that have no evidence? You haven't supplied any evidence for your claims. It would take faith to accept them as true.

Is that 'because I say so'?

Yes. You say that I should believe that we are not the product of natural processes because you say so.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why would it take faith to not believe claims that have no evidence? You haven't supplied any evidence for your claims. It would take faith to accept them as true.

They're faith based claims, like yours. You believe you're no more than a sack of chemicals which is the result of a random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless process.

Yes. You say that I should believe that we are not the product of natural processes because you say so.

I've never said we're not the produce of natural processes. A natural process produced me and you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
They're faith based claims, like yours. You believe you're no more than a sack of chemicals which is the result of a random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless process.

Where is the evidence for non-random, mind guided, meaningful, purposeful, and goal oriented processes that are guided by a deity within the process of evolution? If you can't supply the evidence, then all you have is "because I say so".

I've never said we're not the produce of natural processes. A natural process produced me and you.

Where is the evidence for the properties in these natural processes that you claim are there?

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where is the evidence for non-random, mind guided, meaningful, purposeful, and goal oriented processes that are guided by a deity within the process of evolution? If you can't supply the evidence, then all you have is "because I say so".

There's no evidence, based on the scientific method, that humanity is the result of only random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanisms either. Again, it depends on one's faith-based view that they're simply a sack of chemicals which was produced by this method. Some embrace the meaningless sack of chemicals creationist view, others reject it.

Where is the evidence for the properties in these natural processes that you claim are there?

Where is the evidence that humanity is the result of only random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless and goalless mechanisms?

Upvote 0