Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
An A380 superjumbo bound for Sydney came loose from a tow truck and partially rolled onto grass at Singapore airport.
art.plane.afp.gi.jpg
Singapore Airlines was the first carrier in the world to operate the double-decker aircraft.

corner_wire_BL.gif

No-one was injured in the incident involving the world's biggest airliner, a Singapore Airlines spokesman said, but passengers were taken off so the plane could be repositioned and inspected for any damage.
A truck being used to push back the plane in preparation for the flight "experienced some form of failure" causing it disconnect from the aircraft, a Singapore Airlines spokesman said.
"As a consequence of the failure on the truck, the aircraft ... came into contact with the grass verge off the airport tarmac. The aircraft was not under its own power at the time," he said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/01/11/a380.singapore/index.html

Runaway plane! Eeep! :eek:

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I find article headlines facinating sometimes and wonder what they really say about the overall mindset of peopl. In this case, I'm curious why the article included the type of airplane in the headline. The type of airplane is irrelevent in this case, as it was the truck, not the airplane, that had the malfunction. Most people only scan articles, and are most influenced by the headline. This headline implies that it was the airplane's fault.

I mention this mainly because there's been a good amount of controversy around the A380. Some people harolding it as the new 747 as a standard in airplanes, and others saying it's a total waste of money and will be a total failure. I've seen this argument be extended as a microcosim for the EU itself.

Upvote 0