dobieman0488

May 29, 2007
✟15,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Wife Who Refuses to Obey Her Husband in EVERY THING

wow, a little harsh i think. A woman, according to this, is not even called to do anything for god. A woman shouldn't even attend church if her husband doesn't want her to. cannot work, and cannot wear pants. this is legalism in its worse. imo

Apr 16, 2009
✟15,124.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
OK, help me out here...according to that site, and it really looks like they're cherry-picking the Bible to say that a woman must stay with an abuser or an adulterer, maybe to the point that it would cost her her own life at the man's hands...weren't there provisions in Mosaic law to protect women from abusive and unfaithful husbands?

Also, as I'm reading Ephesians 5:25-33, it seems like the husband has even bigger obligations to his wife, something the legalists tend to forget:

" 25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

Those verses are pretty darn inconvenient, which is probably why so many people who quote verses 22-24 about wives submitting to their husbands forget that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church.

Upvote 0

dobieman0488

May 29, 2007
✟15,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
OK, help me out here...according to that site, and it really looks like they're cherry-picking the Bible to say that a woman must stay with an abuser or an adulterer, maybe to the point that it would cost her her own life at the man's hands...weren't there provisions in Mosaic law to protect women from abusive and unfaithful husbands?

Also, as I'm reading Ephesians 5:25-33, it seems like the husband has even bigger obligations to his wife, something the legalists tend to forget:

" 25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

Those verses are pretty darn inconvenient, which is probably why so many people who quote verses 22-24 about wives submitting to their husbands forget that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church.
I agree 100% with this. Men have an even larger calling in a marriage than women, we need to love our wives, as Christ loved the church... pretty high standard, and wives have every right to call us out if we're biblically or morally wrong. I honestly wouldn't marry a woman who wouldn't ever call me out if she had correct grounds of doing so, thank God my fiancee is the kind of woman who does call me out when I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not going to read the article because I noticed where it links.

If you go to the root site of all of that (www.jesus-is-savior.com) you will find out that who ever the heck made that site is absolutly insane. Like Westboro insane. It could well be qualified as a hate site. But instead of just hating gays, its hating everyone.

Much of what is said on that site is patently false. I read an article once on there about why Lutherans whern't saved and it said that in confession and absolution our pastor's forgive us by their own authority. That is an outright lie, as the pastor says "as an ordained minister in the church of Christ and by his authority, I declare to you entire forgiveness of all your sins, in the name of the Father, the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. On top of that it stated that Lutheran theology like Roman Catholic theology stated that it was necessary to confess to a pastor to be saved. That is also another outright lie.

I would take everything you read on that site as the words comming from an unhinged lunatic. They arn't intelligent enough to warrent any sort of response.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad I didn't read through the whole site once I saw the link... jesus-is-savior.com is another site like that av1611.org site which is extremist and thinks that everything is evil. They are so misguided and wrong in what they say that it's impossible to even fathom how they come to the conclusion on the information they believe.

Upvote 0
J

james1verse12

i think the article is spot on.

From the article:
I made a mistake as a young pastor that I corrected later. I told a lady, when her husband told her not to go to church, "You just tell him you are going to church anyway. You are going to live for God." I gave her unscriptural advice. You are to be to your husband what the church is to Christ--submissive, obedient.

Can you show me where in Scripture a woman is to forsake worshipping and obeying God to satisfy the whims of a husband who doesn't want her to put God first?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

canukian

Jan 23, 2009
canada
✟3,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
From the article:

Can you show me where in Scripture a woman is to forsake worshipping and obeying God to satisfy the whims of a husband who doesn't want her to put God first?

Ephesians 5:24

it doesnt say to submit to the lord, but to submit to your husband as the lord.

Upvote 0
Apr 16, 2009
✟15,124.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged

Ephesians 5:24

it doesnt say to submit to the lord, but to submit to your husband as the lord.

You've left out a word, my friend. The verse says a woman is to submit to her husband as TO the Lord. But you can't show me a single verse in Scripture where ANYONE, man or woman, husband or wife, married or not, is commanded to disobey God to obey another human being. That would be a sin, and that would not be something God would call for or approve of. If a husband is telling his wife not to go to church, I can't see how honoring his request for her to not go to church would honor God, and God should come before her husband.

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
thats right! you see women are the real boss now! just like the bible says..er... hmmm.
LOL seriously mate, I hope you frequent areas with extremely "conservative" (I say "conservative" very tentatively) woman because otherwise you'll have a tough time finding one that agrees with that article!

Upvote 0

canukian

Jan 23, 2009
canada
✟3,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You've left out a word, my friend. The verse says a woman is to submit to her husband as TO the Lord. But you can't show me a single verse in Scripture where ANYONE, man or woman, husband or wife, married or not, is commanded to disobey God to obey another human being. That would be a sin, and that would not be something God would call for or approve of. If a husband is telling his wife not to go to church, I can't see how honoring his request for her to not go to church would honor God, and God should come before her husband.

if the huspand tell his wife not to go to church, god knows it is the huspand that is fault, not the wife. so god knows the wife is obeying god. to obey god she must submit to her huspand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

canukian

Jan 23, 2009
canada
✟3,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Code:
LOL seriously mate, I hope you frequent areas with extremely "conservative" (I say "conservative" very tentatively) woman because otherwise you'll have a tough time finding one that agrees with that article!

thats right. human kind hates the truth.

Upvote 0

"Mazz"

My life would suck without you
Apr 24, 2009
In Happyland :) 9/14/07
✟16,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think in a relationship there should be compromise between husband and wife. The wife isn't to be a servant to the man, but yes she should respect him and should want to do everything for him. This should be the same way a man should look at her wife.

Upvote 0

canukian

Jan 23, 2009
canada
✟3,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Code:
[quote="Mazz";51444952]I think in a relationship there should be compromise between husband and wife. The wife isn't to be a servant to the man, but yes she should respect him and should want to do everything for him. This should be the same way a man should look at her wife.[/quote]

atta-boy, girl.

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if the huspand tell his wife not to go to church, god knows it is the huspand that is fault, not the wife. so god knows the wife is obeying god. to obey god she must submit to her huspand.
Im sorry but this is entirely the WRONG understanding of that passage.
By your fallacy if a husband tells his wife to maim and torture their children she must 'submit' and do it...if he tells her to kill a neighbor then by your absurdity she HAS to obey him...is THAT what you are claiming, chap ? That if you tell your wife to KILL someone she HAS to DO it ?

Please dont waste time backpeddling from your statement

Submitting to a husband does NOT include doing UNgodly things...nor does it include falling away from the assembly because a husband forbids it.
you very clearly need to spend MORE time in Gods word, friend

Upvote 0