A vocal revolt: MSNBC personalities object to NBC News’ hiring of Ronna McDaniel as a contributor

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The network announced McDaniel’s hiring on Friday, two weeks after she stepped down as the RNC leader, saying McDaniel would add to NBC News’ coverage with an insider’s perspective on national politics and the future of the Republican Party.
Maddow said she’d been told that MSNBC management had signed off on the hiring, but that when staff “expressed outrage,” it was made clear that McDaniel would not appear on the cable network, which appeals primarily to liberal viewers. Since then, she said there’s been an effort in other parts of the company to “muddy that up in the press” and make it seem like that’s not what happened.

What is the world to come to? Who could imagine MSNBC or NBC or CNN would hire a Republican who provides an opposing view?

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The network announced McDaniel’s hiring on Friday, two weeks after she stepped down as the RNC leader, saying McDaniel would add to NBC News’ coverage with an insider’s perspective on national politics and the future of the Republican Party.
Maddow said she’d been told that MSNBC management had signed off on the hiring, but that when staff “expressed outrage,” it was made clear that McDaniel would not appear on the cable network, which appeals primarily to liberal viewers. Since then, she said there’s been an effort in other parts of the company to “muddy that up in the press” and make it seem like that’s not what happened.

What is the world to come to? Who could imagine MSNBC or NBC or CNN would hire a Republican who provides an opposing view?
Does she though?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Different opinions need not apply.

In my opinion and observation - the Radical left's tribe speak cannot and will not allow anything that would fly in the face of their script

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be great to have some conservatives in the mix. But these Trump people arent conservative at all.

Yea, I'm not sure what Ronna MacDaniel could contribute. Then again, I could probably say the same for any number of "pundits" that appear on cable news channels....I don't pay much attention to their rating's driven outrage of the day....

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump with the KKK? The truth is that it was Joe Biden who stood with a former KKK chapter leader, Robert Byrd, in order to keep black children from being bused to white schools.
A Senator's Shame - Byrd, in His New Book, Again Confronts Early Ties to KKK
"It has emerged throughout my life to haunt and embarrass me and has taught me in a very graphic way what one major mistake can do to one's life, career, and reputation," Byrd wrote in a new memoir -- "Robert C. Byrd: Child of the Appalachian Coalfields" -- that will be published tomorrow by West Virginia University Press.

Sen Byrd took responsibility for his youthful error. Has Donald ever?

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
MSNBC do hire Republicans and give Republicans a loud voice e.g. Morning Joe.
The problem isn't the person's political leanings. The problem is the criminal behaviour and the dangerous behaviour (leading to insurrection and schemes to steal the election) that McDaniel has engaged in.

Rachel Maddow's piece is very good. At no point does she complain that McDaniel is a conservative or a right winger.

MSNBC hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski said Monday they will not invite Ronna McDaniel on their “Morning Joe” show.
One would expect Joe to like Conservatives, but he doesn't like McDaniel. Wonder why.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
MSNBC do hire Republicans and give Republicans a loud voice e.g. Morning Joe.
The problem isn't the person's political leanings. The problem is the criminal behaviour and the dangerous behaviour (leading to insurrection and schemes to steal the election) that McDaniel has engaged in.

Rachel Maddow's piece is very good. At no point does she complain that McDaniel is a conservative or a right winger.

MSNBC hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski said Monday they will not invite Ronna McDaniel on their “Morning Joe” show.
One would expect Joe to like Conservatives, but he doesn't like McDaniel. Wonder why.
Was she convicted? A lot of people were. What criminal behavior did she engage in?

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A person can be against abortion but also pro-choice.
It means they wouldn't have an abortion themselves but they recognise that other people get to make their own decisions.
It may also mean they wouldn't have a gay sexual experience themselves but recognise that the other people get to make their own decisions.
I’m against abortion and not pro choice. Neither am I pro-suicide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They accept Liz Cheney. Alyssa Griffin is doing fine on the View.
Asa Hutchinson was on TV continually when he was governor.
Why?
They are common sense conservatives with principles that won't allow them to lie, cheat, and support frauds, criminals, and probable terrorists.

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe death is the last enemy of all. No matter what faith you are.Anyone who cheers on murder and suicide is no better than those who do it. Except they be brainwashed into thinking it’s something good

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Was she convicted? A lot of people were. What criminal behavior did she engage in?
At this point, she's merely a material witness in Trump's Georgia election case. However, her participation on one of Trump's perfect phone calls -- in this case with Michigan election officials -- offers some possibilities for the future.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It's about money, if he wants to get paid by those news organizations. He will have to play by their rules or no paycheck.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This change in law was deliberate just so that you could say, “See?”. It’s long term planning by the forced pregnancy contingent.
When did it change? Please show the specific change in law and when the baby killed in the womb did not result in the person being charged when killed by a drunk driver or murderer.

Upvote 0