A tear is worth a thousand words

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
“There is a native, elemental homing instinct in our souls which turns us to God as naturally as the flower turns to the sun.” RUFUS M. JON

“The Jews then murmured at him, because he said I am the bread which came down from heaven. And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last days.”

JOHN 6:41-44 KJV

There is a spot within our spirit that is spiritually like a highly refined and polished piece of stainless steel. This spot constantly feels the magnetic drawing power of the Father, and the direction that we are being pulled is toward the Son Jesus. The force and power that draws us to Jesus is the Holy Spirit. The power of pure love has a drawing affect that can only be resisted by exercising a strong self-will. Other than that, we are naturally drawn to this greater love. The power of God through the Holy Spirit draws us to Jesus, and when Jesus becomes a part of out everyday life the Holy Spirit will take up residence in the very spot that is so drawn to God. Luke recorded in the Book of Acts chapter 1 verse 8 that when the Holy Ghost is come upon us we will receive power, that same magnetic power to be witnesses for Jesus. How true it is that when a person has a life changing spiritual experience through belief in Jesus, that new power within them will draw others. Being a witness for Jesus is easy when there is a supernatural magnetic power within us drawing others to us. My AA sponsor tells me that, “one tear is worth a thousand words.” Oh my, how this has been true in my life. When I see those who have gotten a hold of that magnetic drawing power, and out of pure love and joy their eyes water up when they share. One tear has the magnetic drawing power of a thousand words. We can walk away from the drawing power of God, but we can’t stop the pull. I am so grateful that God does not give up on me, and that I am learning to live my life in the flow of God drawing power. God is doing for me what I could not do for myself……JRE

“Deep down in every man, woman, and child, is the fundamental idea of God. It may be obscured by calamity, by pomp, by worship of other things, but in some form or other it is there. For faith in a Power Greater than ourselves, and miraculous demonstrations of that power in human lives, are facts as old as man himself.”

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS page 55

“In a sense we are all, in some way, outcasts until we meet the Lord. We are thirsty for people to love and accept us. We drink from many wells to try to satisfy our longings, but eventually, we tire of always having to draw water to get our needs met. Each of us asks, Isn’t there someone who will give me water without manipulating me or requiring me to jump through hoops for it? Isn’t there someone who will love me just for who I am? Then Jesus appears at high noon.”

CYNTHIA HEARLD…….A Woman’s Journey to the Heart of God

Levi44

Feb 26, 2005
Norfolk, VA
✟1,142.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I see those who have gotten a hold of that magnetic drawing power, and out of pure love and joy their eyes water up when they share. One tear has the magnetic drawing power of a thousand words. We can walk away from the drawing power of God, but we can’t stop the pull. I am so grateful that God does not give up on me, and that I am learning to live my life in the flow of God drawing power. God is doing for me what I could not do for myself……JRE

Dear Jerry - That was a wonderful devotion! And you are so right! We cannot stop the pull from God. It is just so amazing to me that in church I usually shed a few tears every Sunday - between singing the praises to our Lord, the Communion message and the sermon, I am sometimes drained - but what a blessed way to start the week.
God bless you for this devotion - Hedi

Upvote 0

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
Levi44 said:
When I see those who have gotten a hold of that magnetic drawing power, and out of pure love and joy their eyes water up when they share. One tear has the magnetic drawing power of a thousand words. We can walk away from the drawing power of God, but we can’t stop the pull. I am so grateful that God does not give up on me, and that I am learning to live my life in the flow of God drawing power. God is doing for me what I could not do for myself……JRE

Dear Jerry - That was a wonderful devotion! And you are so right! We cannot stop the pull from God. It is just so amazing to me that in church I usually shed a few tears every Sunday - between singing the praises to our Lord, the Communion message and the sermon, I am sometimes drained - but what a blessed way to start the week.
God bless you for this devotion - Hedi

Thank you Hedi, I have been having my eyes water during the services the past month or so..........In my case many times I think it has to do with getting honest with myself. God never changes, so the changes I find to be within myself...thanks for the encouraging response....jerry

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
jerry ralph said:
Thank you Hedi, I have been having my eyes water during the services the past month or so..........In my case many times I think it has to do with getting honest with myself. God never changes, so the changes I find to be within myself...thanks for the encouraging response....jerry

God never ever will change no matter what happens. Cause He is the same God of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Ain't that the truth Jerry!

Upvote 0