• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A Successful Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamalonglegs

May 21, 2006
Shelburne, New Hamphshire
✟7,829.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew Henry says in his book on​
"EXPERIENCING GOD'S PRESENCE"

PERHAPS YOU HAVE A JOURNEY TO GO ON. LOOK UP TO GOD FOR HIS PRESENCE WITH YOU, AND GO NO PLACE WHERE YOU CANNOT, IN FAITH, ENTREAT GOD TO GO WITH YOU.

[Entreat means to ask with tenderness, love, and earnestness]

We are all on a journey in this life on this tarnished world. We do it in "broken earthen vessels." (can't find reference right now) Our Lord is with us and has this journey in mind until we meet Jesus face to face, "Being confident of this very thing, that He Who has began a good work in you will continue doing it until the day of seeing Christ." God will not forsake us and will not stop working with us if we allow Him to do as He pleases.

Think of all those who have gone before us.
Hebrews chapter 11, "Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Israel crossing the Red Sea, Israel living in the desert for 40 years, Israel crossing the Jordan River, The Apostles especially Paul, John being caught up to heaven, Jesus with His disciples, and finally the walk to Calvary, "Looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the Right Hand of the Throne of God."

How are we to learn to walk on our journeys?
By following His path in the right way.

Psalm 27:11 "Teach me Your way, Oh LORD, and lead me
in a plain path, because of my enemies."
S.I. is your enemy.
Psalm 119:105 "Your Word is a lamp for my feet, and a
light for my path."
Proverbs 2:7-9 "He that lays up sound wisdom for the
righteous; He is a shield to those who
walk righteously. He keeps the paths of
justice and preserves the way of the
saints. Then your will understand
righteousness, and justice, and equity
(investing in self spiritually); every good
path.
Proverbs 4:18 "But the path of the just is like the shining
light, that shines more and more to the
perfect day.

Now that is an exciting verse. The farther along one becomes in their journey of recovering from the enemy (S.I.) the more brightly that person's countenance will shine, more and more to the day Christ is met. A light draws others to itself. It becomes a guide to those in darkness. The light dispells darkness. Christians are called to "be lights in the world." John 9:16 The better one is in health the brighter that person's light. The more people he or she can help. What joy to look forward to!

Here are some commands as direction for our character and attitude as we travel along our path in life. These are important. A poor attitude will drive a person down and repeat what the person was when they lived in complete darkness. An attitude above and beyond what was in the darkness will drive a person from one joy to another gaining confidence and freedom from the sin the enemy has snared him or her in (S.I. is from the enemy).

II Corinthians 5:17 Walk as new creations in Christ.
Ephesians 4:1 Walk worthy of the calling for which you
were called.
Romans 6:4 Walk in newness of life.
Romans 8:1 Follow after the Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 5:16 Redeem the time.
I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
Matthew 5:13 You are the Salt of the world.
I Corinthians 15:58 Be Steadfast and Unmoveable.
Galations 6:2 Bearing one anothers burdens.

What to think about when walking?
Philippians 4:8 "Finally, fellow believers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there be any virtue (moral excellence), and if there be any praise, think on these things."

S.I. is not our life unless we choose to sit still and not move. I was injured seriously once during a hike. I had to sit down. My friends suddenly were urging me to get up. "But I just sat down." "No. My friends said. It has been twenty minutes." So you see. If we choose not to move, we can get lost in our suffering and become all the more ill. Listen to those around you who support and love you and let them help you get up and move.

We can choose to continue to walk with the proper guidance and "this to shall pass." The mountain may be long and steep. But it is feasable to climb it with loving and gentle support. The guidance of the True Light of The World is our Greates Help.

There will be a day when the S.I. mountain is gone and a new field, valley, a place of rest, or another mountain presents itself. Our lives are multi-dimensional. We are unique. We can overcome. Psalm 16:11 "You will show me the path of life. In Your presence if fullness of joy; at Your Right Hand there are pleasure forever."

This my dear friends is something to look forward to seeing on our journeys. Hold Psalm 16:11 near and dear to your hearts.

Lovingly, mamalonlegs Ephesians 6:18​

Status
Not open for further replies.