Not open for further replies.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If a real physicist would like to take a shot at this please PM me. The answer is not that difficult. I may have to watch the way that I ask this since I have seen the correct answer figure out on the internet. I ran into this many years ago, long before the internet:

The wording might be a bit awkward to keep people from cheating. You have a sphere of radius R. It is of constant density p (sorry, I don't have a rho), with the exception of another sphere totally within the solid sphere. The small sphere is totally empty. They are not concentric. It has a radius r, and its center has the coordinate a,b,c in a standard xyz, coordinate system where the origin is at the center of the large, almost solid, sphere.

I need a formula that describes the value of g (the acceleration due to gravity) within the small hollow.

This is a fairly easy problem for a physicist. We had one pretender here who claimed he was a physicist but never even took a shot at this problem.

I do know the answer. I can show the math of the answer. If the EU people can do this I will grant that they can at least do some physics. Until then.... well the lack of an answer will speak for itself.

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
If a real physicist would like to take a shot at this please PM me. The answer is not that difficult. I may have to watch the way that I ask this since I have seen the correct answer figure out on the internet. I ran into this many years ago, long before the internet:

The wording might be a bit awkward to keep people from cheating. You have a sphere of radius R. It is of constant density p (sorry, I don't have a rho), with the exception of another sphere totally within the solid sphere. The small sphere is totally empty. They are not concentric. It has a radius r, and its center has the coordinate a,b,c in a standard xyz, coordinate system where the origin is at the center of the large, almost solid, sphere.

I'm afraid it's more than just awkward, I can't make heads or tails of the inside hollow sphere aspect of what you're looking for. Care to try some slightly *less awkward* English this go-round?

Ya know.....

If you were just trying to figure out if I personally (a few EU/PC supports on some random religious website) happened to be physicists by trade, wouldn't it have been easier to just ask?

I'll admit that I'm a self employed programmer by trade, but I'll consider taking a shot at your question if you can explain it in clear English or provide some kind of diagram to explain what you want. Just don't expect any miracles during work hours depending on the complexity of your question.

If you're looking for a wider community of people that might "better" represent the entire PC/EU community and their skill set as a whole, I strongly suggest you think about posting your (less awkwardly worded) question on Thunderbolts. I'm sure someone there can answer your question.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm afraid it's more than just awkward, I can't make heads or tails of the inside hollow sphere aspect of what you're looking for. Care to try some slightly *less awkward* English this go-round?

Ya know.....

If you were just trying to figure out if I personally (a few EU/PC supports on some random religious website) happened to be physicists by trade, wouldn't it have been easier to just ask?

I'll admit that I'm a self employed programmer by trade, but I'll consider taking a shot at your question if you can explain it in clear English or provide some kind of diagram to explain what you want. Just don't expect any miracles during work hours depending on the complexity of your question.

If you're looking for a wider community of people that might "better" represent the entire PC/EU community and their skill set as a whole, I strongly suggest you think about posting your (less awkwardly worded) question on Thunderbolts. I'm sure someone there can answer your question.

What don't you understand about the question?

It is not that badly asked. I want the value of the gravitational field within the hollow.

And I don't want to take the trouble of going to a site that is populated only by people who believe in "woo".

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
What don't you understand about the question?

It is not that badly asked. I want the value of the gravitational field within the hollow.

Nevermind. After rereading the question, I think I get it. Here you go:

http://www.kosmoskrau.de/doc/Grav_Kugel_e.pdf

And I don't want to take the trouble of going to a site that is populated only by people who believe in "woo".

In other words, you're afraid someone there might actually be a physicists and make you look bad? Your first post seems to assume that anyone here made grandiose claims about their profession. I sure didn't. What does that have to do with anything?

Are you seriously pretending to 'debunk' EU/PC theory as a whole by stumping a few guys on some random math question on some random website in cyberspace?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I can visualize the condition you describe. Basically a solid sphere with a spherical void inside it, with the void center located relative to the solid center. The whole thing is unaffected by any outside mass, I assume.

And you want g at any point within the void.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nevermind. After rereading the question, I think I get it. Here you go:

http://www.kosmoskrau.de/doc/Grav_Kugel_e.pdf

In other words, you're afraid someone there might actually be a physicists and make you look bad? Your first post seems to assume that anyone here made grandiose claims about their profession. I sure didn't. What does that have to do with anything?

Are you seriously pretending to 'debunk' EU/PC theory as a whole by stumping a few guys on some random math question on some random website in cyberspace?

No, the test is to see how bad your physics abilities are and thus to show that your belief in EU is based upon emotions rather than upon your ability to think logically.

And my wording was vague on purpose since you were supposed to do the work yourself. You were not supposed to even attempt to cheat.

By the way, I don't see the answer in your link. What do you think that the answer is? Here is a clue, I only saw an example where the hollow was concentric, but I may have missed something. I said that the center of the hollow was not concentric.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I can visualize the condition you describe. Basically a solid sphere with a spherical void inside it, with the void center located relative to the solid center. The whole thing is unaffected by any outside mass, I assume.

And you want g at any point within the void.

Correct. If you are not a EU believer please do not post the answer here. You can PM me. I will give this only 24 hours before I reveal the answer if it has not been found by the EU people by then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Correct. If you are not a EU believer please do not post the answer here. You can PM me. I will give this only 24 hours before I reveal the answer if it has not been found by the EU people by then.
I have no freaking idea what the answer is, nor how to find it.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
More to the point. I dont think you have to be able to DO science in order to be a well educated follower of science, and have a valid opinion based on the work of scientists.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What is EU?

I was thinking European Union, but that is clearly wrong.

Seems to me that this is more a Geometry problem than a Physics one. Unless you count the part of physics I retain after 40 years of rust. I still remember how the field of the force due gravity changes within a uniform solid spherical mass. From there the answer in words is easy (for anyone who was ever a physics major by choice).

EDIT: From following some links in this thread I found out EU is Electronic Universe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
No, the test is to see how bad your physics abilities are

What do my personal abilities have to do with PC/EU theory in the first place? That's like proving that I'm a sinner so that must therefore prove that Christianity is a fraud.

and thus to show that your belief in EU is based upon emotions rather than upon your ability to think logically.
Logically you forgot to ask me if I claimed to be a physicist.

And my wording was vague on purpose since you were supposed to do the work yourself. You were not supposed to even attempt to cheat.

By the way, I don't see the answer in your link. What do you think that the answer is? Here is a clue, I only saw an example where the hollow was concentric, but I may have missed something. I said that the center of the hollow was not concentric.
Yes, I see now that bit about the hollow one not being concentric.

I still fail to see what you think you're going to demonstrate by your test. When did I ever claim to be a physicist? What does that have to do with any of Alfven's work on PC/EU theory?

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

So essentially you think that if you can stump me personally and a couple of other guys on some website, that somehow invalidates the entire EU/PC theory? I don't get it.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So essentially you think that if you can stump me personally and a couple of other guys on some website, that somehow invalidates the entire EU/PC theory? I don't get it.

I don't quite get that either, but maybe subduction can explain.

To me, EU should stand on it's own merits, just as those proposing ID should stand on whether they have the evidence to show it is valid.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
More to the point. I dont think you have to be able to DO science in order to be a well educated follower of science, and have a valid opinion based on the work of scientists.

By his logic, if I fail to answer his question to his satisfaction within the next 24 hours, he's conclusively demonstrated that GR theory, QM, evolutionary theory, and every other theory that I believe to be true, must necessarily be false as well. :)

Tick, tick, tick. :)

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

The point is that the question is not a stumper.

I hope Subduction Zone will not object if I propose a simplification of his question. (Technically just a subset).

Really just the same question, but only asking the equation for the force along the line that goes through the center of both the spheres in question.

I somehow think Subduction Zone wont mind and might perhaps even grant 24more hours to see if any EU types can come up with the answer to this easier subset. If not it makes his point even stronger.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.