Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As I see it - you also either disregard scriptures completely or twist them to fit your position - just as you accuse me of doing. It seems hypocritical to me for you not to admit it.

If you want to - you can imagine that Judas was supposed to have been going out to visit a very special "Sabbath exempt" shop to purchase some emergency rations for the Passover meal.

You can imagine, if you want to, that Jesus and His disciples would observe the Passover in a way that goes against the O.T. prescriptions.

You can even imagine that Nicodemus had a hundred pounds of myrrh and aloes just lying around in case he needed it and that it didn't have to be purchased on what we all know to be the Sabbath of the 15th.

If you want to - you can even imagine that that same special Sabbath exempt shop that Judas was supposedly going to also sold burial cloths out the back door on the Sabbath. Perhaps that would be your explanation of how Joseph was able to purchase it on the Sabbath as Mark clearly says that he did - if it was the 15th.

I can agree to disagree with you even if you, more than a little piously and hypocritically IMO, can't agree to disagree with me. But have it your way brother.
Again ... more avoidance and deflection. These are arguments designed to explain why something didn't happen precisely when three gospels say it happened.

And most of this stuff has already been addressed, with substantiation. There was a legal and acceptable way for people to obtain items on festivals. They would take what they needed and settle up later, so long as no prices were discussed. In some cases they would leave something for surety. There were also a number of exceptions permitted for the preparation and burial of the dead on festivals and Sabbaths.

Nevertheless, despite there being appropriate and credible answers to your objections, they are still just attempts to skirt the issue. Matthew, Mark and Luke all say the last supper was the Passover. Arguing around that fact will not make it cease to be a fact.

Upvote 0