A Real "Out There" Topic

JoeBradley

Sep 16, 2009
✟15,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Before I begin, please allow me to introduce myself. I'm not here to offend anybody, but if that happens I'll apologize upfront. I'm as much a skeptic on the existence of aliens as the next person. I'd like to believe that "I am not under alien control." But here are some thoughts from my ever-curious mind. It isn't impossible that God could be what modern theologists call an "alien". I'm not 100% behind this theory, but here are some interpretations I've delved into recently.

1. I was watching Ben-Hur on Saturday when the nativity prologue sparked this interest. In the beginning, we see the Star of Bethlehem literally hovering across a sea of stars until it rests on the spot of Jesus' birth. Now, of course, I'm not going to base a theory around a movie, but think about this. Is it not impossible that the Star of Bethlehem, in actuality, could have been a so-called "U.F.O." leading the magi? After all, how could you see a star from the distance and know exactly where it was above?

2. The preceding provoked this next thought. Is it not impossible that God or an "alien" impregnated the Virgin Mary by means of unconcious abduction? After all, she was physically a virgin when she was pregnant with Jesus. Alien abductions are a relevant proposition in modern day, so it wouldn't be inconceivable that it would happen back then.

3. If there is no proof or reason behind "aliens" in the bible, how are nephilim and leviathian defined (if you want to talk cryptids with me, you're in good company)? Could angels really be extraterrestrials taking a much more heavenly form? As ridiculous as this sounds, is it not impossible that heaven exists in another part of this galaxy, possibly on another planet?

In closing, I'm not a big conspiracy theorist. I hate alien theories. But I do like to look at things from a different perspective, although I may not believe them. I'm sorry if I've just spoken blashemy with this thread, but I feel the need to hypothesize. If you're going to reply to this thread by cutting me down, calling me crazy, go for it. I'd probably do the same if I were in your shoes. But at least try to have an open mind.

racer

Contributor
Aug 5, 2003
Oklahoma
✟24,729.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Before I begin, please allow me to introduce myself. I'm not here to offend anybody, but if that happens I'll apologize upfront. I'm as much a skeptic on the existence of aliens as the next person. I'd like to believe that "I am not under alien control." But here are some thoughts from my ever-curious mind. It isn't impossible that God could be what modern theologists call an "alien". I'm not 100% behind this theory, but here are some interpretations I've delved into recently.

1. I was watching Ben-Hur on Saturday when the nativity prologue sparked this interest. In the beginning, we see the Star of Bethlehem literally hovering across a sea of stars until it rests on the spot of Jesus' birth. Now, of course, I'm not going to base a theory around a movie, but think about this. Is it not impossible that the Star of Bethlehem, in actuality, could have been a so-called "U.F.O." leading the magi? After all, how could you see a star from the distance and know exactly where it was above?

2. The preceding provoked this next thought. Is it not impossible that God or an "alien" impregnated the Virgin Mary by means of unconcious abduction? After all, she was physically a virgin when she was pregnant with Jesus. Alien abductions are a relevant proposition in modern day, so it wouldn't be inconceivable that it would happen back then.

3. If there is no proof or reason behind "aliens" in the bible, how are nephilim and leviathian defined (if you want to talk cryptids with me, you're in good company)? Could angels really be extraterrestrials taking a much more heavenly form? As ridiculous as this sounds, is it not impossible that heaven exists in another part of this galaxy, possibly on another planet?

In closing, I'm not a big conspiracy theorist. I hate alien theories. But I do like to look at things from a different perspective, although I may not believe them. I'm sorry if I've just spoken blashemy with this thread, but I feel the need to hypothesize. If you're going to reply to this thread by cutting me down, calling me crazy, go for it. I'd probably do the same if I were in your shoes. But at least try to have an open mind.
Here's a site that you will find informative and may clear up your curiosity:

www.alienresistance.org

It's not about aliens or alien abuduction. It is a Christian website. :)

And, nothing in your post is the least bit offensive, btw. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

It's always "possible." But, if aliens are responsible for the foundations of Christianity, I don't think heaven will be the ultimate destination of Christians, because Heaven (as we know it) likely wouldn't exist.

The statistical likelihood of intelligent aliens visiting this planet is so small, that from a purely objective, naturalistic point of view, I think the claims Christianity makes are more credible than aliens founding the religion.

It is an interesting hypothesis, though. Actually it sounds like a good sci-fi story or something. It's probably already been done I bet.

Upvote 0

MrPolo

Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In your thought exercise, you seem to be taking some parts of Scripture as true, and others as false. I will go based on what Scripture does say in light of this alien hypothesis:

God cannot be an alien because aliens are constrained by time and space, which is not reconcilable with God Who is pure spirit. Same thing goes for angels. They do not have physical bodies in their essence (although sometimes they manifest as such).

Regarding Mary impregnated by an alien. It is fine to opine about that, but where is the evidence? I can say "hey, maybe there is a colony of purple frogs on Neptune." No one has disproved it have they? But on what basis do I have to believe such a thing besides the fact that I have the idea in my head?

If Mary was not conceived by the Holy Spirit, then Christ is not divine and we remain doomed to be ever separate from God. The miracles attested to by witnesses of Christ are not true, thus neither is the Scripture attested to by Christ, and thus we don't even have to come up with the idea of aliens in the first place because there is no truth in the Bible to begin with.

Upvote 0

JoeBradley

Sep 16, 2009
✟15,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If Mary was not conceived by the Holy Spirit, then Christ is not divine and we remain doomed to be ever separate from God. The miracles attested to by witnesses of Christ are not true, thus neither is the Scripture attested to by Christ, and thus we don't even have to come up with the idea of aliens in the first place because there is no truth in the Bible to begin with.

One could argue that the Holy Spirit, is an indefinite term, skewed in translation after translation. I'm not arguing for it, but it's possible that Holy Spirit (amongst other terminology in the bible) could be a term for something else. But who really knows.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I agree that it's something to contemplate, and I'm not offended.

But also, there is a lot that works against it. What do we do with Jesus' miracles or the apparent fulfillment of prophesy that he represents? Well, we'd have to attribute them to him being an alien. Yet, he was a man and NOT a member of any other species as your thesis would require. That is to say, he wasn't a half-breed but a 100% human being in all respects that his contemporaries could perceive, except for his abilities (in the area of healing, walking on water, etc.)

Upvote 0

CalmRon

Aug 20, 2009
Western New York
✟8,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you want want to broaden the term of alien to one who is not of creation, then a very round manner then God can be considered an alien. your post isn't offensive Joe however I find the notion of aliens visiting our world and doing things for us to be offensive- the whole Erich von Däniken idea based on the misreading of scripture and considering ancient men stupid and in capable of understanding the world around them and acting upon it.

Upvote 0

JoeBradley

Sep 16, 2009
✟15,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's a site that you will find informative and may clear up your curiosity

So, what that website is trying to say is that aliens are really demons masquerading as "gray eyes" in order to pull an elaborate hoax on humans so they can disprove God? Seriously?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure if what I'm going to say it taking a cue from your thoughts, CalmRon, but it seems to me that for the OP's idea to work, it is necessary to make aliens into gods. That is to say that if they are a different species of physical being, as is normally depicted in literature and UFO theory, then Jesus would have to be a partial human and a partial Martian (or whatever). Yet, according to the source--the Bible--from which the OP was working, he was not! Therefore, the only way to save the theory is to say that the conception of Jesus in Mary's body was done not by an extra-terrestrial contributing his biological matter but by another kind of being that has all the properties of an all-powerful spirit, in other words, a god who accomplished this by mere will. But if that is the case, then we can just as easily stay with the Bible's concept of God.

Upvote 0

RibI

Jul 31, 2009
✟1,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Angels are refered to as stars.

Upvote 0

racer

Contributor
Aug 5, 2003
Oklahoma
✟24,729.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Okay, racer, according to that website, aliens are fallen angels known as "watchers" that abduct humans to have sex with them, etc. It frequently quotes The Book of Enoch and supports that The Book of Enoch is true. So, my final question is:

IS THE BOOK OF ENOCH TRUE?
Well, I'm certainly no authority. So, I won't speak as to whether or not the book of Enoch is true--I just don't know. However, the Nephilim are spoken of in Genesis. The website I gave you addreses the theory of the Sons of Seth that those opposed to angels breeding with women often argue. Keep reading. If nothing else, it's interesting.

As for aliens--I believe that it is possible aliens exist, but I don't believe they seeded the Earth.

Upvote 0

racer

Contributor
Aug 5, 2003
Oklahoma
✟24,729.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So, what that website is trying to say is that aliens are really demons masquerading as "gray eyes" in order to pull an elaborate hoax on humans so they can disprove God? Seriously?
I think you need to be a little more objective when reading this information. I mean, honestly, is it anymore out there than your theory? We know that closer to the time of Jesus' second return there will be a great deception . . . .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrPolo

Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
One could argue that the Holy Spirit, is an indefinite term, skewed in translation after translation. I'm not arguing for it, but it's possible that Holy Spirit (amongst other terminology in the bible) could be a term for something else. But who really knows.

If anything can be anything, I'll bow out of the conversation. Good thought exercise though! :)

Upvote 0