Distressed States of America
✟8,224.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'll repeat my response: Many distant objects observed over bodies of water will be partially obscured due to certain atmospheric conditions. Certain times of the day they appear more fully and at other times they are hidden from view. The earth does not fluctuate its curvature during the day.

Your theory of the earth being curved must be applicable/explainable in ALL INSTANCES.

So how do you explain lighthouses being visible over huge distances?

Boats that appear to vanish from the horizon hull first are easily brought back into view using a telescopic lens?

Chicago/Toronto buildings are seen from distances that should not be visible if the earth was curved?

How can military Laser devices illuminate targets far exceeding the curvature calculations?

Many advanced ancient cultures such as the Sumerian, Babylonian, Egyptian and Greeks knew that the earth was flat.

THE EARTH IS FLAT AND MOTIONLESS

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SeventyOne
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'll repeat my response: Many distant objects observed over bodies of water will be partially obscured due to certain atmospheric conditions. Certain times of the day they appear more fully and at other times they are hidden from view. The earth does not fluctuate its curvature during the day.

You think a change in atmospheric conditions affects the curvature of the Earth?

Your theory of the earth being curved must be applicable/explainable in ALL INSTANCES.

As you learned, clear atmospheric conditions demonstrate curvature of the earth. Hint: Mountains don't cease to exist when fog obscures them.

Hint: Why do you think lighthouses are tall?

Boats that appear to vanish from the horizon hull first are easily brought back into view using a telescopic lens?

Nope:

Chicago/Toronto buildings are seen from distances that should not be visible if the earth was curved?

Show us that. With numbers. You do realize that atmospheric refraction will actually allow you to see slightly over the horizon?

How can military Laser devices illuminate targets far exceeding the curvature calculations?

Show us that. With numbers. Make sure your information is checkable.

Many advanced ancient cultures such as the Sumerian, Babylonian, Egyptian and Greeks knew that the earth was flat.

Actually, the Greeks knew the world was round long before Christ was born. Eratosthenes actually measured it's circumference over 300 years before Christ.

I know you want to believe it. But neither scripture nor evidence supports you.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Certain times of the day they appear more fully and at other times they are hidden from view.

Atmospheric refraction.

False.

False.

WHERE-IS-THE-CITY-Toronto_across_lake_Ontario_from_Olcott.gif

False.

The Greeks knew it was round.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

None of this is true.

It is all the standard flat earth arguments ... which have all been addressed.

Guess you didn't get the memo ...

For instance ...

Lighthouses are designed to be visible at a maximum distance of 20 miles. Lighthouses are used to warn mariners that the are approaching land (i.e. they have to be close).

Boats that have been PARTIALLY OBSCURED by the earth's curvature CANNOT be brought back into full view with a telescopic lens.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

James Forthwright

Wielder of the Sword
Aug 22, 2009
Distressed States of America
✟8,224.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Lighthouses are designed to be visible at a maximum distance of 20 miles. Lighthouses are used to warn mariners that the are approaching land (i.e. they have to be close).

So how then do you explain that these lighthouses can often be seen at many times further than 20 miles?

Boats that have been PARTIALLY OBSCURED by the earth's curvature CANNOT be brought back into full view with a telescopic lens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So how then do you explain that these lighthouses can often be seen at many times further than 20 miles?

The tallest lighthouse I know about (352 feet) is visible a bit over 23 miles.

Which one are you speaking of?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Where is your evidence that lighthouses can often be seen at many times further than 20 miles?

The curve of the earth is too shallow for you to perceive it at ground level (in your so-called Z-axis) ...

• Agree
Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0