cannot find name

caught inside
Sep 16, 2003
Visit site
✟15,123.00
Faith
Christian
The following prophecies, stories and visions are from a prophet (at least he says that he is) that I have known for a couple of months:

"In ten years you will find someone." (Speaking to my brother)

"In thirteen years I will be persecuted and killed (for being a Christian)." (Speaking to my brother)

"We will be married, it is God's will." (Speaking to my mother)

"God put me in place of your dad because he was not obeying Him." (Speaking to me)

"I saw two angels bickering, and I thought it was funny to see that." (Speaking to my brother)

"A 'sanctuary' will be established at your house, which will bring in prostitutes and ex-cons. You and your brother will someday run that sanctuary, within a certain amount of time. It may be three years from now, it may be fifty years from now. It will happen, it is unconditional." (Speaking to my mother first, later to me)

He said that he was rebuking his ex-wife for the things she had done and said she saw words (literally) coming out of his mouth, with echoes came from his voice with a loud noise... (Speaking to my brother)

"I know things about you that your mama don't even know." (Speaking to me)

Let me know what you all think of these.

RaptureTicketHolder

Selectively Agreeable
Jun 24, 2003
Puget Sound Area
Visit site
✟15,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Here are a couple of scripture references for you to read, study, and definately pray about. The Lord of the Holy Bible tells us to test all. If this man you speak of indeed has an eye set on the Lord and is blessed by Him to forsee things, the LORD will not mind you seaching the truth and testing this man. From what little I am able to read into your posting, I see something other than the Lord speaking to you and your family.

Isaiah 44

Jerusalem to Be Inhabited
24 "This is what the LORD says-
your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb:

I am the LORD ,
who has made all things,
who alone stretched out the heavens,
who spread out the earth by myself,

25 who foils the signs of false prophets
and makes fools of diviners,
who overthrows the learning of the wise
and turns it into nonsense,
26 who carries out the words of his servants
and fulfills the predictions of his messengers,

who says of Jerusalem, 'It shall be inhabited,'
of the towns of Judah, 'They shall be built,'
and of their ruins, 'I will restore them,'

Now, if the Lord can do this for Jerusalem, He can definately do this for you. Pray earnestly, like Elijah did, to HIM, our Lord, who gives all answers and prophicies in HIS time. HE will make known to you what this man in your life is all about if you are honestly seeking the truth.

Matthew 7

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Look here for more scripture references to false prophets: http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?SearchType=AND&language=english&searchpage=0&search=false+prophets&version=NIV

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Speaking as one who operates in the Prophetic (I'm not a prophet), I'd say this person is either very young in their learning the operation of the gift or they don't have it at all and are trying to manipulate others with it. Personally, I'd lean more towards the latter.

I would say. . .don't listen to these words. Some are extremely vague and others are against scripture, such as the one about your dad and angels bickering. I would stay away from this person and just work on your relationship with the Lord and let Him speak to you directly. A true prophet should never tell you something that the Lord is not already spoken to you about. . . that is my training and experience anyway.

Be blessed.

Quaffer

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
This guy is one scary dude! I think your mother may well be in danger.

Since you posted this question in an advice and counsel forum, I will take the liberty of offering some advice and counsel. Your mother should sit down and have a long talk with his ex-wife. She should find out if this man abused his ex. She should talk to other people who have known him a long time, especially family members. She should see if what they say about him matches what he says about them and about himself.

Go to the courthouse and ask to look at the file from his previous divorce(s). Read everything in the files. Is everything you read there consistent, or are there declarations in which he and his ex tell totally different stories? Was there ever a restraining order against him?

The kinds of things this man is saying prfectly fit a pattern I have seen many times. I'm not saying just because they fit the pattern he actually is an abuser, but this should definitely be investigated.

Upvote 0

goodgirl

Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
✟8,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yah... sounds like this guy is dangerous. My dad was a prophet, too. Every time he beat my mom, brother or me he would say it was God punishing us for being against the head of the household. :rolleyes: And, he'd also say it was God's will for him to "witness" to prostitutes. Uh yeah, "sharing God's love"? and alllll our money? :D

Upvote 0

cannot find name

caught inside
Sep 16, 2003
Visit site
✟15,123.00
Faith
Christian
I appreciate everyone's advice. However, this guy has shown a "nice" side. He gives good advice and really seems encouraging. I presume it all comes from a rehabilitation program which he has to take since he is on probation.

But anyway...A lot of his so-called prophecies have been contradicted, but I am really concerned that my mom is falling for these prophecies.

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
cannot find name said:
I appreciate everyone's advice. However, this guy has shown a "nice" side. He gives good advice and really seems encouraging. I presume it all comes from a rehabilitation program which he has to take since he is on probation.

All abusers also have a "nice" side. What is he on probation for? What kind of rehabilitation program?

Sorry, but the above are just 2 more facts that are more consistent with this guy being bad news.

But anyway...A lot of his so-called prophecies have been contradicted, but I am really concerned that my mom is falling for these prophecies.

Your mom is falling for something. The prophecies are part of the package. If she shouldn't fall for the prophecies, she also probably shouldn't fall for the man.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
cannot find name said:

Is the man someone in your church that is under the authority of the Pastor? If so, is the Pastor aware that he is giving such prophesies?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cannot find name

caught inside
Sep 16, 2003
Visit site
✟15,123.00
Faith
Christian
Actually, mom told me that he has influenced the pastor of the church she attends and that I must visit the church.

Mom has really changed, though. However, a lot of things she has been doing have contradicted her kindness in a lot of ways...

Her bf is a registered sex offender. She won't listen to anyone and repeatedly asks us why anyone won't understand that her b/f has changed for the better.

Upvote 0

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Step 1: If you're really 21, and living in that house, I urge you to move out immediately and take all the other kids with you.
Step 2: You need to call the police, and advise them that your mother's bf is living at her address (in case they don't know), and ask them their opinion of his behaviour. (Certainly doesn't hurt.)
Step 3: Get in touch with his probation officer and ask him/her their opinion of his behaviour.
Step 4: Gather up all these opinions and tell your mother that this man is clearly not from the Lord and she needs to hightail it back to church and get herself straight under a pastor's and ladies counselor's direction.

Best wishes to you..this guy is dangerous with a capital D.
Keep us in the loop and let us know what happens.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
:( Well, it sounds like nothing you say will make a difference. At this point the only thing I believe you can do is pray and ask God to reveal the "true" heart of this man to your mom. I think that your efforts to expose anything will only drive her towards him. Pray that God, Himself will expose the man.

A registerd sex offender is not allowed to be around children. . .if he is, he needs to be reported.

Upvote 0

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I hope very much that you will share this information with your real dad and let him help you. I hope that you will concentrate on keeping yourself and your siblings safe. You cannot save your Mom. Only she can do that. But I hope you will take steps to protect yourself and your siblings. Please tell us you will at least talk to your real father about this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
cannot find name said:
Thanks everyone. I really can't get through to my mom, but I will keep praying. I do believe you are right about the more I pressure her the more she wants to stay with the guy.

I have had so many people tell me that the guy is a danger or is a false prophet. What I am afraid of at this point is that he may be right about his prophecies. What I mean is, his prophecy about my old house becoming a sanctuary just doesn't feel right...I miss the place, but mom acts like it is an evil house (rebuking "evil spirits" out loud while she was inside). On the contrary, I have found the house to be a place of love until he moved in. And she isn't even divorced yet - but he has moved in, claiming to be head of household (while my dad is still paying mortgage and under my dad's name). There's a LOT more to this - and I feel like I'm saying too much.

And the more I write - I feel that I am answering my original question as to whether he is a prophet or not...
If he and your mom are living together, he is not walking in the Spirit of God. It really does not matter whether some of what he says happens or not. . .he is living with your mother and they are not married. Also, as a conficted sex offender, he is breaking the laws of the land by being in the same house as children, under 21 I believe. You may not be able to do anything about he and your mom, but you can do something about his access to you and your siblings, especially if they are younger. Please take the above advise and tell your dad so he may step in and help. :hug:

Upvote 0

prince didymus

Prince of Destiny
Jul 19, 2003
Nassau, Bahamas
Visit site
✟8,211.00
Faith
Anglican
Since you're 21 I think you need to step up to this weirdo. As I see it, you are the man of the house and he seems to be a very dangerous guy. I would tell him to get lost but that's just me. However, you need to take action and especially protect your little brother from this man. To me he sounds like one of these potential cult leaders how slowly brain-wash the people he is around. DO NOT let him get that kind of hold on you or your brother, especially when he tries to 'act' nice or give what sounds like 'good' advice. Get help from someone you trust at your church and your father.

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
cannot find name said:
The following prophecies, stories and visions are from a prophet (at least he says that he is) that I have known for a couple of months:

"In ten years you will find someone." (Speaking to my brother)

"In thirteen years I will be persecuted and killed (for being a Christian)." (Speaking to my brother)

"We will be married, it is God's will." (Speaking to my mother)

"God put me in place of your dad because he was not obeying Him." (Speaking to me)

"I saw two angels bickering, and I thought it was funny to see that." (Speaking to my brother)

"A 'sanctuary' will be established at your house, which will bring in prostitutes and ex-cons. You and your brother will someday run that sanctuary, within a certain amount of time. It may be three years from now, it may be fifty years from now. It will happen, it is unconditional." (Speaking to my mother first, later to me)

He said that he was rebuking his ex-wife for the things she had done and said she saw words (literally) coming out of his mouth, with echoes came from his voice with a loud noise... (Speaking to my brother)

"I know things about you that your mama don't even know." (Speaking to me)

Let me know what you all think of these.
I suggest you not escalate things by a confrontation with this man. It sounds like his mind is made up and your mom is emotionally invested with him. Protecting your younger siblings seems like sound advice to me.
Also, I would not waste a lot of time pondering whether he speaks prophetically or not. In this context, that seems to be beside the point. The gifts of the Holy Spirit do not give someone an "anything goes" authority. 1st Corinthians 13 and 14 speaks to this. Also, these "prophecies" read like a bad chinese fortune cookie, and we serve a living Lord who gave us a bible to read and we can each seek the Lord ourselves in prayer. I would not ponder vague and flaky sounding "prophecies" for too long.

Upvote 0