• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

a problem, very big one.

cwr89

Jul 21, 2004
✟570.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
today, from 7-10pm there was a school dance. (it is 10:30 now) one of my friends, He has had some massive depression. He has been adicted to cigarretts, alchole, and other various drugs. we all thought he was doing better. He left the dance early, alone, some of my other friends got a text message or something from him saying: good by. My girlfriend dated him once and she told me she was worried about him tonight, she told me that if he made up his mind, he would stop for nothing. one of my good friend who knows him she also has know 2 other people that have chosen suicide, and she talked to them as they did it, she also agreed that if something didn't happen within the 15 min, then it was too late. I toyed with telling the officer that was at the dance, but noone wanted to get them involved. I know deep down that the only people that could help were the cops, and the girl who knew the 2 other suicides thought so too, but she didn't want to make it a big scene. Ryan would go through with what ever faster if he was confronted by cops. so we called a friends mom, she can solve most anything, she is good at things like that. she came and picked up the kids that could go, and they were on there way to his house. and thats where I am. I know nothing more, alive or dead, or dieing, I know nothing else, I really fear if it is what I think it is, (gun) then others could be in danger too, we all knew he has a glock 9mm. pistol, so right now, I am alittle scared, I am worried for all the people that went to him, I am worried for that people who were emotionally attached to him. and I am worried for him, I have a feeling that he won't be there monday morning living.

help.
~Casey

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi CWR,

Someone very dear to me is having increasing suicidal thoughts and I have no idea if he is alive this weekend. I know how you are feeling... and the worry and fear is huge. I will pray for your friend. No matter what is going on his life... his life is valuable and worth living. I pray that come Monday your friend is alive and getting the help he needs. :prayer:

Upvote 0

FlyerBoy

Flyer Boy to the rescue
Jan 23, 2005
Puyallup/Spanaway, Washington
Visit site
✟16,602.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will pray for your friend and you. I hope you are able to talk to him. If he knows that their are people that really care about him he wont do anything. I had this problem a couple years back. Before I started reaching out to God. I was really depressed and didn't know where my life was going. I started to think of people that would miss me and I could only come up with two; My dad and my grandma. I think they are the only reasons I made it through those stages of my life. After I got over all that I started to volunteer to stay away from all the depression and now I really love it. I am going to become a youth leader in a month.

So remember to just let your friend know that you are their. Try to keep him busy and with a friend a lot while he maybe going through this.

May my prayers be with you.
Jacob

Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
cwr89 said:
just to let you know, he is alright, an adult got to him. and then talked with his parrents, so he is doing ok.

thanks everyone for your prayers!

~Casey

Thank you for getting back to us! My prayers will continue for your friend. :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My brother....PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAYPRAYPRAYPRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear God, my abba, reach down deep into their souls....touch them, heal their wounds, bring them into a new place of being....let them known the truth about your love...how deep it really goes.....don't let them carry out their plans tonight...rescue them from dying twice.....my father, my father, please dear God....don't let this happen! I beg you Lord, from all that I have in my heart, I know love is from you....Lord....be with these three and any other tonight....let them feel your love, tell them how real you really are....show them love....my heart is in pain for them Lord.....I know that only you can do anything now...only you.....dear father, it is all up to you.....Whatever pains are in them, I know that you can heal them, and not just cover them up...you healed me and you can heal them....help them to work through their pain. Only you can do anything Lord....without you there is no hope, there is no life, there is nothing, nothing at all. Amen.

Upvote 0

cwr89

Jul 21, 2004
✟570.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
thanks for everything guys. he came to school today, since it was valentines day he gave all the girls that were there and helped him roses and all the guy candy.

and one of the girls that made the first call, he gave her a note that said thanks for saving his life.

so I hope he gets better.
~Casey

Upvote 0

FlyerBoy

Flyer Boy to the rescue
Jan 23, 2005
Puyallup/Spanaway, Washington
Visit site
✟16,602.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That is really great I am happy for you and your friends that saved him. I hope he never gets that depressed again. Make sure you try to keep in contact with him so he knows that someone cares.

Jacob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums