Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
And you say Lent is difficult! Why don't you try NOT to be am Orthodox Christian fence-sitter concerning abortion this Great Lent? Try it! You'll like it! Save your soul by embracing God's truth NOT man's propaganda for murder.

487256_451934611539225_1671106625_n.png
I am the first who needs to stop being lazy.

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Same here bro, but what to do? How on earth to stop the train wreck with words and bare hands.
I know where you are coming from. But in the words of Isaiah, “Here am I! Send me.” (Isaiah 6:8)

"It'll never work" is just an excuse. Read Numbers 13:30-14:38. Those are the words of cowards.

Did our ancient Saints cower and make excuses? Or did they declare the truth, even spitting on and destroying the idols of the pagans? It'll NEVER be our own strength that ends Abortion. It is just for us to be faithful, and speak out for our brothers and sisters that are being murdered... sacrificed in our cities.

That's why I'm joining forces with the local pro-life organization, while I plan to work on getting a pan-Orthodox Abolitionist ministry going in my own city, and a global pan-Orthodox ministry on Facebook. It is called the Orthodox Abolitionist Society.

Last edited:
Reactions: nestoj
Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
The facebook post just looks a little out of context. Is he replying to somebody? It comes across as more than a little accusatory, but maybe that's just me.
It was not in reply to anyone in it's context. It's just his writing style.

I never really thought about it much, I suppose it could be an excerpt of a post or message to someone specifically, but he usually notes it when that's the case ("note to a xyz"). I think the accusation is to those for whom the shoe fits. My own thought is that the Holy Spirit will convict people for whom it is appropriate, and whose heart is receptive. :crosseo:

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I know where you are coming from. But in the words of Isaiah, “Here am I! Send me.” (Isaiah 6:8)

"It'll never work" is just an excuse. Read Numbers 13:30-14:38. Those are the words of cowards.

Did our ancient Saints cower and make excuses? Or did they declare the truth, even spitting on and destroying the idols of the pagans? It'll NEVER be our own strength that ends Abortion. It is just for us to be faithful, and speak out for our brothers and sisters that are being murdered... sacrificed in our cities.

That's why I'm joining forces with the local pro-life organization, while I plan to work on getting a pan-Orthodox Abolitionist ministry going in my own city, and a global pan-Orthodox ministry on Facebook. It is called the Orthodox Abolitionist Society.

My parish is part of the local pro-life movement and we participate in marches at the local abortion clinic, raise money for the local crisis pregnancy center, including paying the day's running expenses on Dec. 6th in honor of St. Nicholas as well as on March 18 in honor of our patron saint, St. Nikolai of Zicha.

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
My parish is part of the local pro-life movement and we participate in marches at the local abortion clinic, raise money for the local crisis pregnancy center, including paying the day's running expenses on Dec. 6th in honor of St. Nicholas as well as on March 18 in honor of our patron saint, St. Nikolai of Zicha.
That's awesome!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums