Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am not good with names. I wonder if it is the same woman I read about a couple of days ago. The details were all the same, except that story mentioned that she had another child, who was in jail with her, and she was supposed to be executed after the birth of her baby.

Lord have mercy, indeed.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am not good with names. I wonder if it is the same woman I read about a couple of days ago. The details were all the same, except that story mentioned that she had another child, who was in jail with her, and she was supposed to be executed after the birth of her baby.

Lord have mercy, indeed.

Yes, this is the same woman. Amnesty international reports she is in detention nursing her 20 month old and that she is pregnant with her second child. According to BBC her mother was Orthodox married to a muslim. But her father was absentee and was raised in the Orthodox Faith. She then married a christian man. It seems that there maybe 2 charges. One for apostacy in not continuing in her father's religion and for adultery by marrying a non-muslim.

from the BBC report:

The judge also sentenced the woman to 100 lashes after convicting her of adultery - because her marriage to a Christian man was not valid under Islamic law.

This will reportedly be carried out when she has recovered from giving birth.

Earlier in the hearing, an Islamic cleric spoke with her in a caged dock for about 30 minutes, AFP reports.
Then she calmly told the judge: "I am a Christian and I never committed apostasy."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Evangelos

Dec 18, 2011
✟15,282.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sure as sugar it would show up if a Muslim was going to be executed for their religion. :thumbsup:

They will know who Isa (Jesus) REALLY is on 'Yawm al Din'. He will take His revenge. Don't delight in the death of a sinner, delight in their transfiguration. Agape wins even in the face of a cross or in this case a rope around your neck. Forgive them, they know not what they do...

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, no kidding! If you're same-sex-attracted, "transgender," Muslim, etc. you are a martyr. If you're an Orthodox Christian, Catholic, Anglican, Lutheran or any Christian missionary or just plain ole individual witnessing the faith and get martyred, you were just some poor slob in the wrong place and the wrong time....:o

Sure as sugar it would show up if a Muslim was going to be executed for their religion. :thumbsup:

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, no kidding! If you're same-sex-attracted, "transgender," Muslim, etc. you are a martyr. If you're an Orthodox Christian, Catholic, Anglican, Lutheran or any Christian missionary or just plain ole individual witnessing the faith and get martyred, you were just some poor slob in the wrong place and the wrong time....:o

yeah I remember when Pope Benedict XVI made those comments about Muslims being violent, and all the commentary after they burned Churches and killed Christians was how those are not real Muslims or how we need more understanding or how what the Pope said was insulting of a great religion.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, there's always this almost insulting sentiment under the breath of super liberal humanist 'progressives' when they say these things. It's almost like they're saying, "look, you know Muslims are wack jobs! You know they'll blow up stuff, riot, and go butt wild if you insult their prophets and such. So just don't do it! Be sensitive!" ^_^:p

yeah I remember when Pope Benedict XVI made those comments about Muslims being violent, and all the commentary after they burned Churches and killed Christians was how those are not real Muslims or how we need more understanding or how what the Pope said was insulting of a great religion.......

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, there's always this almost insulting sentiment under the breath of super liberal humanist 'progressives' when they say these things. It's almost like they're saying, "look, you know Muslims are wack jobs! You know they'll blow up stuff, riot, and go butt wild if you insult their prophets and such. So just don't do it! Be sensitive!" ^_^:p

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

pretty much.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if petitions like this actually make any difference, but I just signed anyway Stop the execution of an 8 month pregnant mother in Sudan | Amnesty International

She has given birth so she might be executed quite soon if her appeal is turned down :(

Oh, I will sign that one too. I've seen a couple of petitions on Facebook and signed.

I hadn't realized she had given birth. I thought it would be a couple more weeks.

What I heard is that she was to be beaten after giving birth, then returned to care for the children. When the baby is weaned, she is to be hanged. Legally she should be given at least 2 years, but if anything interrupts the feeding, I don't know if her execution would be moved up.

I have also heard that the children are technically American citizens (not sure if this is true or not) and there were attempts to get the US involved in an official capacity, which does not seem to be happening.

Lord have mercy ...

Upvote 0