Jul 17, 2006
✟15,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
[FONT=&quot]It was a couple of months ago that me Martyn (My Vicar/Pastor) and Victoria (A fellow single mum) began meeting up on a Tuesday afternoon at our church and started exploring Christianity on a deeper level than I had ever previously experienced. I was very interested in God, but never had much faith in him. Anyway A few weeks went on and Martyn started telling me about New Wine (A christian camping/conference/festival that happens once a year in the North and South of England) he was very enthusiastic about it and I eventually said I said yes we’ll come! Not long after deciding a few major situations occurred in my life which had me feeling pretty negative about things and at one point I told Victoria that I wasn’t cut out for all this *Christianity/Nice life* and that I was pretty worried about having commit myself to go New Wine! In the week leading up to the departure, I told Martyn that I found it hard to pray and well the next day I couldn’t stop praying which I found really strange. I knew I had been prayed for and started thinking about other things that I had blazayley prayed for and started realizing that quite a few of these prayers must have been heard! Anyway I go to New Wine and from the moment we started unloading the van I had a strong feeling that this experience was going to be Gr8! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]On the first day my 7 yr old son was very hyped up and didn’t want much to do with the groups that were there for his age group. My 14 month old daughter was not too keen on her group and that caused me some tension but as soon as I relaxed and starting getting in to things and looking into the seminars and events that were taking place, they also started getting interested in their groups. All The seminars were excellent and I learned a lot in them and began to pray that I would have more faith and follow Jesus propley/get to know him! The next day I went to one of the big tents for worship and passionetly loved the worship music that was happening there. I felt connected to the lyrics of the songs but as the music ended and the talky bit began I thought I’d lose interest but how wrong was I! There was this northern speaker who God uses as an amazing healer. Dave Carr! God has empowered him to heal sufferers of the likes of cancer, aids and infertility! I listen to him intensely and followed what he said perfectly as well as chuckled at his comical approach to many subjects. The main one him being somewhat of an activist to the policy of people Politically correct these days! Towards the end of the service he calls people with terminal illness such as cancer and as he prays with them and talks in tongues, something that I have been VERY skeptical about! Things get very intense in the room and some people collapse to the ground! This is one of those things that many people are skeptical of and right as well! But as a witness in the room it was very real to me and Martyn explained to me “God gives glimpses of heaven on earth god has created miracles since b4 time began and he still does now!” The next morning I here about Pat (A church sister) Arthritis of the hand being healed and she wasn’t even up the front! My faith in God escalated further! I decided to go to his seminar in the morning with Pete (a church brother) and at the end of it due to me the night before mentioning my wonder if he could kick my smoking habit; Pete says come on down the front! SO reluctantly I go down there, Anyhow I go down there and was not thinking about quitting as some will know I was having some family problems over the phone and was pretty stressed out. Dave Carr is praying for a young man with a disability and I’m standing there with Pete, a few minutes later he looks at me ponders for a second and says, “Wait until October” …that’s all he could say! I still wonder now what that meant but I have a strong feeling it reaches depths beyond my smoking habit! He then reached his hand out to mine strokes my palm… as we walk away and my hand fills up with pins and needles! The pins and needles were so intense you could visually see what I was experiencing and I kept on at Pete and Sara (my friends) to look at it! Twas awesome experience I was dazed! And a bit confused and a little bit scared to be honest! But then was prayed for and felt sooo much better and more positive about my relationship with God and feelings of guilt and stuff from my past started to subside as I began to learn more and more about Jesus and his disciples. With a help from a few but especially one special guide in God’s word![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As my relationship with God drew closer Satan also got busy I was in some emotional turmoil and had found out I was just a few days away from a court case that I believed to be cancelled before I left for New Wine, not what I needed during this heavenly trip but ‘hey ho’! On the final night we were there I was in venue 2 for another service where they called people up at the end who had illness, fear and for other various reasons! But due to Lilly not being in a sit down mood I was playing with her at the back and not following everything that was said to well! I wasn’t going to go up and was about to make my way to the exit of the large tent but before leaving I get a feeling that I should be prayed for by the ministry team that were down there. So Sara takes a hold of Lilly for me and I go towards the crowd near the stage. A lady comes over tome and I tell her my name, that I am worried about this court case, she begins to pray for me with her hand near my shoulder and after saying the prayer but before saying Amen she speaks very softly in tongues to me and a few seconds later I was on the floor! Not something I wanted to happen and certainly was very unexpected!. I was wearing a skirt! I didn’t hurt my self as the lady although in her 50’s and very small framed held onto me as I fell and when on the floor I was in ore and emotion! She told me not be scared! That it is God showing me that he is the one in control! I was amazed! And I now feel I can relate to what many testimony’s statement “Being saved!” My outlook on life is changed just as I feel myself has changed and although I’m not perfect and have not done things by the book to date I know for sure does really love me! And that my future is going to make up for the past! A Psalm as spoken to me massively since I got back and that’s Psalm 116: 9-16[FONT=&quot].‘I love the Lord because he hears and answers my prayers, because he bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I have breath! Death had its hands around my throat; the terrors of the grave overtook me. I only saw trouble and sorrow. Then I called to the Lord: “Please, Lord, save me!” How kind the Lord is! How good he is! So merciful, this God of ours! The Lord protects those with child like faith; I was facing death and the he saved me. Now I can rest again for the Lord has been so good to me he has saved me from death, my eyes from tears and my feet from stumbling. So I (shall) walk in the Lords presence as I live here on earth!’[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Amen![/FONT]​

Reactions: JamiArch