NC, United States
✟16,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
no...this isn't right...I believe Erwin owes the people, the hard working staff that gave their blood, sweat and tears to running this site. I'm speechless. He just tossed us out to the wolves and isn't looking back. Now anyone with a grudge can vote you off staff, even those who have give 5 or more years!! Now non-Christians can come on here and be staff and effect the way this site is run...it's going to go down the tubes.
if a thousand people have a grudge towards a certain staff member, then the staff member is probably at fault.

If the staff member is fair and just, then the majority will respect them and most likely not vote against them. I would imagine that most people will automatically vote for staff members who are already in place to keep order. I know I will.

Upvote 0

thiefinthenight

The Spirit and the bride say come...
Mar 1, 2007
in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus
✟37,030.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Soo loving people makes them christians not believe Jesus is the One and only son of God Raised up on the Third day, and crucified to saved us from all our sins??
Jesus is the only way!!!

Even He ate with tax collectors and sinners!!!

He did have a big problem with Pharisees and hypocrites...

Upvote 0

openup4christ

עָבַד
Jun 7, 2004
California
✟13,017.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
and unless you have been on staff yourself and know the hard work that's put into it...I don't expect you to understand. It is demanding, thank-less, hardwork! And like openup4Christ said, this feels like a slap in the face!
I also do not understand why Erwin hasent said anything to the staff about it...... and hasent shown appreactation at all to us, and has only show us this.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟841,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't ever give up and I never will give up. I love doing God's work so much. It's my life. I told Erwin that I would support him and I am--even though I am upset by a few of the changes, I won't quit. I will work through them. I don't always have to be comfortable in my ministry. If I get voted off staff or whatever, then so be it. But I'll never be looked at as a quiter...I just don't back from what I think is right.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟593,718.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
We are, afterall, supposed to dwell on that which is pure. It'll be hard for young Christians to sign in and see all sorts of threads about issues that are WRONG and SINFUL, and still consider this CF. It should be a safe place for teens to discuss things. Not a place where homosexuality and all sorts of other sin becomes commonplace.
And HOW are they to come to that viewpoint if they are never discussed?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,756,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus is the only way!!!

He had a problem with sin as well. He didn't tell folks it is okay to si.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
The idea would be that individual forums have membership that can form their own rules through a wiki/collaborative process. If the current congregational forum wants to ban debate, and if the members of that congregational forum vote to agree, then it is so. Why should a person from another section care? They can request and form their own forums for their own group. Moderation will be decentralised according to each forum/category - members that the forum members respect get voted to be their mods. Mods usually only have power to moderate their own forums. Reports go into forums that are subforums of these forums/categories. It's a massive restructure that I need to embark on.

The aim is to make this a true community where people have the power to ultimately moderate themselves.
I REALLLY like this :)

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,756,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus is the only way!!!

He had a problem with sin as well. He didn't tell folks it is okay to sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Something sort of like political parties might work, where you have to choose a forum to be a member of and can only vote in that election. Assuming controls for socks, of course.

Will there be open auditing of blessing expenditures? :D

I guess we'll have to wait and see how Erwin re-orgs the forums to see how this will play out. Maybe if there are fewer forums this will make more sense.

Upvote 0

JCrawf

Nov 6, 2004
✟12,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Anyways, just posting to say last post. Been a fun ride, but if I stay, I won't get on to other matters that have a little greater urgency on another part of the internet. Take care, and pray and wish all are well, whether or not content at the moment.

We have yet to see things put into action yet, so there is much pre-judging going on. Let's see what transpires and go from there. Take care!

Pax Vobiscum,

John

Upvote 0

thiefinthenight

The Spirit and the bride say come...
Mar 1, 2007
in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus
✟37,030.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Galatians 5:13-15

13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

Upvote 0

wmc1982

Aka "Will" :)
Jul 28, 2006
NC, United States
✟16,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Philippians 2:12-16

Lights in the World

"Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.
Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.