Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He sees the Pew Research study that finds Evangelicals have the highest disapproval rating among Americans today and appears to think Evangelicals are doing something wrong. I look at America today, look at the same Pew Research study, and think Evangelicals are doing something right.

I'm especially bothered that Catholics are held in the same high esteem as are mainline Protestant denominations. Especially since I know what so many of those denominations no longer believe and what they now believe. Which may account for their high esteem in our modern secularized pagan society.

BTW, I understand that the approval rating is also due to the media culture's villainizing of Evangelicals. In addition to that, you have the emerging Evangelical court prophets sucking up to the media by continually throwing their fellow Evangelicals under the bus.

As a former Evangelical pastor, I used to joke that I was thankful for the Catholic Church. After all, it was the one Christian tradition our pop culture hated more than Christians in general. Since Pope Francis, however, that has changed. If anyone has noticed. Even the latest priest abuse story gets no more than a sideline mention. It's largely look the other way or sing the praises of Pope Francis as far as the media establishment is concerned. Again, given the core values and beliefs of our modern era, I'm not sure I would wear that fact as a badge of honor.

Continued below.