Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I just got back from a wonderful vacation with my wife and my in-laws. And the topper to a great 10 days is that my brother-in-law proposed to his girlfriend. So we'll be having a family wedding:)

Kind of funny. He proposed on the beach at night. And right as she accepted but before he got up from his knee. Fireworks were set off from a nearby island.

He said, "I didn't plan it that way."

I told him God did.

Reactions: Auntie

JewelInHisCrown

Contributor
Nov 28, 2003
United States
Visit site
✟17,252.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Davidnic said:
I just got back from a wonderful vacation with my wife and my in-laws. And the topper to a great 10 days is that my brother-in-law proposed to his girlfriend. So we'll be having a family wedding:)

Kind of funny. He proposed on the beach at night. And right as she accepted but before he got up from his knee. Fireworks were set off from a nearby island.

I told him God did.
That is an awesome story. It is also so nice to see you close to your in-laws. I am with mine too, but I hear so many horror stories about people's in-laws that it is refreshing to read a story like yours! God bless

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Davidnic said:

I told him God did.

Wow! That is something they will always remember and tell their grandkids about!:clap:

God is so great!

Who'd a thunk He knew a thing or two about romance! :p :D

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Cool! :) Congratulations to the both of them. :angel:

It reminds me of my cousin's wedding. It was at the beach, but indoors and they were married facing a huge picture window looking right over the ocean. A big dark storm had come up right when people began arriving, and it was raining and lightning during the ceremony. :) Right after the minister said, "What God has joined together let no man put asunder...", there was this HUGE clap of thunder...LOL...then we had to wait for everyone for stop laughing so he could finish. :angel: It was very funny, and has provided us a perpetual opportunity to tease my cousin about God REALLY keeping a close eye on his marriage. ;)

Upvote 0

JewelInHisCrown

Contributor
Nov 28, 2003
United States
Visit site
✟17,252.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
ZooMom said:
Cool! :) Congratulations to the both of them. :angel:

It reminds me of my cousin's wedding. It was at the beach, but indoors and they were married facing a huge picture window looking right over the ocean. A big dark storm had come up right when people began arriving, and it was raining and lightning during the ceremony. :) Right after the minister said, "What God has joined together let no man put asunder...", there was this HUGE clap of thunder...LOL...then we had to wait for everyone for stop laughing so he could finish. :angel: It was very funny, and has provided us a perpetual opportunity to tease my cousin about God REALLY keeping a close eye on his marriage. ;)
Now that reminds me of our friend's wedding. It was in a horrific thunderstorm that produced a couple of inches of rain. The road was flooded, a tree came down a block away from the church, people had to find their way through side roads to the church. Well anyway, the electricity went out and they decided that the hall was booked so they couldn't delay the service because there was only an hour in between. So the organist asked for men to help roll out the piano to use. The whole thing was very romantic actually because it was all done by candlelight, the service at church. Then the part with the unity candle came when they have the large candle with the two side candles. They took the two candles out and went to light the unity candle and once they lit it, the electricity came back on. It was AMAZING!!! I said...."now that is love">>LOL!

The picture they chose for their formal wedding portrait was them standing outside at the door of the church and the hubby using a huge umbrella (closed up of course) as a walking stick. He was leaning on it in the picture. It was perfect! I will never forget that day!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.