Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
1.) We believe the Earth is 6,000 years old.
2.) We believe that biologists have no idea what they are talking about.
3.) We believe that Darwin was the Devil Incarnate.
4.) We believe that astrophysicists have no idea what they are talking about.
5.) Right, that's the really important stuff out of the way, and now we had better say something about God.

Last edited:

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
5.) Right, that's the really important stuff out of the way, and now we had better say something about God.
I am a creationist and I don't believe:
1. That the earth is 6,000 years old, I don't believe the Bible makes that claim either.
2. That biologists have no idea what they are talking about and I believe that what they do know supports creation by God.
3. I don't believe that Darwin was the Devil Incarnate but there will be one who will be.
4. That astrophysicists have no idea what they are talking about but believe that what they know supports the creation of the universe by God.
5. God explains what Science learns about.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I am a creationist and I don't believe:
1. That the earth is 6,000 years old, I don't believe the Bible makes that claim either.
2. That biologists have no idea what they are talking about and I believe that what they do know supports creation by God.
3. I don't believe that Darwin was the Devil Incarnate but there will be one who will be.
4. That astrophysicists have no idea what they are talking about but believe that what they know supports the creation of the universe by God.
5. God explains what Science learns about.
@lesliedellow, while exaggerating a bit, seems to be talking about young-earth creationists, which you clearly do not appear to be.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@lesliedellow, while exaggerating a bit, seems to be talking about young-earth creationists, which you clearly do not appear to be.
Which is why I posted what I posted. :) Most Christians are creationists, it is best to distinguish which creationist one is addressing.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Which is why I posted what I posted. :) Most Christians are creationists, it is best to distinguish which creationist one is addressing.
Aren't all Christians "creationists". Without the "young-Earth" and "old-Earth" titles, all Christians believe God created everything through one process or another... right?

ETA He did say "A Creationist Creed" though. Not "The Creationist Creed" which is important.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aren't all Christians "creationists". Without the "young-Earth" and "old-Earth" titles, all Christians believe God created everything through one process or another... right?

ETA He did say "A Creationist Creed" though. Not "The Creationist Creed" which is important.
Good points.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Aren't all Christians "creationists".

In theory, yes. But, at least on this side of the Atlantic, most Christians would eschew the label, because of its fundamentalist connotations.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In theory, yes. But, at least on this side of the Atlantic, most Christians would eschew the label, because of its fundamentalist connotations.
Your side of the Atlantic is where the Antichrist will come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Biologist

Jul 14, 2006
✟4,206.00
Faith
Pantheist
To be fair, we have a pretty good idea about that which we "talk about."

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Or should that be Donald Duck? It's hard to spot the difference.
Leslie, if all Christians were as switched on as you then Richard Dawkins would not exist! (And the world would be a better place.) :)

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

That's right, to worship Christ as Savior and Lord is to worship him as Creator. The age of the earth is irrelevant to the doctrine of creation since all we really know about that is that it was in the beginning. The creation of man and the unbroken relative dates are another matter entirely. The universe and the earth may well be billions of years old but life on this planet started about 6,000 years ago.

Darwinian atheistic materialists don't get to write our creed, we already did:

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made. The Nicene Creed
That, by the way, is considered the most concise confession of Christian conviction in church history or among Christians at large. It starts with a confession of God as Creator, followed by a confession of the Incarnation, affirming Christ is Creator. Also, that confession is the rule of thumb for Christian profession on Christian Forums.

Creationists include the creation of the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1), life in general (Genesis 1:21) and man in particular (Genesis 1:27). This special creation is 'divine fiat', 'ex nihileo' and even miraculous interpolation. The KJV simply translates it 'created'.

Create ‘bara’ (H1254) - 'This verb has profound thological significance, since it has only God as it’s subject. Only God can create in the sense implied by bara. The verb expresses the idea of creation out of nothing...all other verbs for “creating” allow a much broader range of meaning. (Vines)
Which is diametrically opposed to Darwinian naturalistic assumptions:

The doctrine that species, including man, are descended from other species. All change in the organic, as well as in the inorganic world, being the result of law, and not of miraculous interposition. (Darwin, On the Origin of Species)
We accept all legitimate scientific research, withholding the Darwinian naturalistic assumptions being even scientific, let alone legitimate.

Have a nice day troller :)
Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: KWCrazy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
We accept all legitimate scientific research, withholding the Darwinian naturalistic assumptions being even scientific, let alone legitimate.

Have a nice day troller :)
Mark

Who might the 'we' be? Not B B Warfield, not J I Packer, not J Gresham Machen, not Norman Geisler......

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nice strawman.
Feeling better about yourself now?
Thinking you're a more evolved man than your father? Is this what it's all about, your oedipus complex?
Who gave you the authority to speak for creationists?
Two can play that game you know.

Evolutionist creed:
I believe that everything came from nuthin'.
I believe that all living things came from a single magic cell that came from nuthin'.
I believe that everything is evolving into more complex life forms despite that fact that adaptation results in lost information.
I believe that benevolent mutations are real but God ain't.
I don't believe the Bible tol' the truth about nuthin".
I believe the claims of scientists I don't understand over the claims of clergymen I don't understand.
I believe I is better edjukated and smarterer than them creationists.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Nice strawman.
Feeling better about yourself now?
Thinking you're a more evolved man than your father? Is this what it's all about, your oedipus complex?
Who gave you the authority to speak for creationists?
Two can play that game you know.

Evolutionist creed:
I believe that everything came from nuthin'.
I believe that all living things came from a single magic cell that came from nuthin'.
I believe that everything is evolving into more complex life forms despite that fact that adaptation results in lost information.
I believe that benevolent mutations are real but God ain't.
I don't believe the Bible tol' the truth about nuthin".
I believe the claims of scientists I don't understand over the claims of clergymen I don't understand.
I believe I is better edjukated and smarterer than them creationists.

The difference is that evolutionists do not post on religious forums, trying to prove to themselves that Evolution is true. Nor do they give the impression that their theology begins and ends with an insistence upon a crassly literalistic reading of Genesis.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The difference is that evolutionists do not post on religious forums, trying to prove to themselves that Evolution is true. Nor do they give the impression that their theology begins and ends with an insistence upon a crassly literalistic reading of Genesis.
Evolutionists don't post on religious forums...what about this one?

Upvote 0