Central Valley in California
✟8,977.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yesterday, I was struggling getting my son to read his Bible (everyday I try to get him to read a chapter) so after much arguing whining and fussing he finally sat down and read. But afterwards he still had a fussy attitude so I asked him to get a piece of paper and write what he learned about what he read (he read the 3rd and 4th chapters of Proverbs) This is what he wrote: "What I learned is wisdom is important and it can make you a better person through life. If you have wisdom, you will be able to live an not be in darkness. Wisdom is like a light, which will show the way through dark times. Without that light you will be trapped and not know where to go. We would be lost and woud not see where we're going. We won't know what makes us trip. We are like the blind people." My son is eleven years old. I asked him, I said, "Why do you think Mom wants you to read this book? He got a chagrined look--one of those Your right and I know I'm wrong looks--and said, "cause you want me to get wise?" It was just one of those teachable moments that you know that neither he nor I will ever forget. Oh how I wish all young people came to such conclusions. Just wanted to share that God moment with you all.

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yesterday, I was struggling getting my son to read his Bible (everyday I try to get him to read a chapter) so after much arguing whining and fussing he finally sat down and read. But afterwards he still had a fussy attitude so I asked him to get a piece of paper and write what he learned about what he read (he read the 3rd and 4th chapters of Proverbs) This is what he wrote: "What I learned is wisdom is important and it can make you a better person through life. If you have wisdom, you will be able to live an not be in darkness. Wisdom is like a light, which will show the way through dark times. Without that light you will be trapped and not know where to go. We would be lost and woud not see where we're going. We won't know what makes us trip. We are like the blind people." My son is eleven years old. I asked him, I said, "Why do you think Mom wants you to read this book? He got a chagrined look--one of those Your right and I know I'm wrong looks--and said, "cause you want me to get wise?" It was just one of those teachable moments that you know that neither he nor I will ever forget. Oh how I wish all young people came to such conclusions. Just wanted to share that God moment with you all.
That put a warm feeling in brother pinetree:)

You must have been moved.:)

Good story..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.