• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I want to pray for her to thank god for her and to pray for our work together.
Together with her resources, not 'specifically' but generally for anxiety and stress and nerves and emotional stability,
get to a natural type/ health food/ store and talk to them once a week or once a month to get ideas (what other people do for stress and anxiety) that may be helpful, easy to accomplish, no risk (with your therapists awareness/ help choosing) , and long term as well as short term potential simple known benefits.
This would be information for anyone, any age, not just as you asked concerning trauma care, but for anyone from no stress life to extreme stress, to learn the effects various foods and nutrients and supplements can help to alleviate naturally and gently with no contra-indications.(as verified by your therapist (and doctor?) ) ...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
any links, prayers, scripture, ideas and suggestions to get through trauma informed care?

I just started, and have just begun to speak with a really good, well trained therapist on sexual assault for the very first time.

This is her specialty area as well as domestic violence and child abuse.

I want to pray for her to thank god for her and to pray for our work together.

I find myself shaking uncontrollably and hiding in the house and not wanting to go outside at all.

I'm remembering stuff and talking about it for the first time.

Its being spoken out loud, what was hidden, and I am shocked how powerful simple memories and insights are on me.

anyone here know what is trauma informed care and want to talk about it ?

we might file complaints at least as well as police reports.

don't know yet.

That sounds bad....and that sounds good too.

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Kat, There is so much healing in speaking it out Sister and I am so happy that you have taken this step. Of course we can pray for your therapist, As God will use her to send healing into your heart.
Remember, There are dark places in your heart that God's light will need to shine upon begin to overcome. Being scared is a normal part of healing Kat as this is traumatic for you.
It is not an overnight process and may take sometime to get all of this out, But know that God is love He will never leave nor forsake you. :]
Psalms 145:18,19 The Lord is near to all who call upon hIm, To all who call upon Him in truth, He will fulfill the desire of Those who fear Him, He will also hear their cry and save them.

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Kat,

Here are two pieces of info that you might find helpful in understanding trauma informed care.
Taylor Life Center offers a brief blurb about what it is for survivors and
SAMHSA provides a bit more of information about this.

I hope this helps. I will tell you that not only is speaking and writing powerful, but being able to look back after having been in treatment and then seeing where you are and where you came from creates so much hope and inspiration!

Kristen

Upvote 0