United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Screenshot_20231217-185920~2.png

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,552.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's a bulldust graph. It's not a direct chart from the Bureau of Justice Stats as is implied. Whoever put that together used the table inthe survey as noted and put it together hoping that people like you weren't up to speed with statistics. He or she is using the total number of events as opposed to the percentage. Which means they are a very long way from presenting anything like an accurate picture. I note that you simply copied and pasted it and didn't link to it's source.

The number of incidents involving whites is almost 6.4 times more than that involving blacks. 3.58m v 0.56m, so if you look at the numbers only then you would expect them to be different by a factor of 6.4. The critical information is the percentages. Black on white is 15.3% and white on black is 10.7%. Not statistically different and what might be expected if you allow for umpteen different factors.

In summary, who ever put that table together is trying to convince people that black on white violence is over 9 times as prevalent. When it is 1.4.

Please post the link for where you got this dross. I'm keen to see where you get your 'evidence.' Here's mine: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...UQFnoECBIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3fSUOppMZ8GTEYcBXfbwsg

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

BurningBush84

Feb 27, 2023
Minnesota
✟35,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
That's a bulldust graph. It's not a direct chart from the Bureau of Justice Stats as is implied. Whoever put that together used the table inthe survey as noted and put it together hoping that people like you weren't up to speed with statistics. He or she is using the total number of events as opposed to the percentage. Which means they are a very long way from presenting anything like an accurate picture. I note that you simply copied and pasted it and didn't link to it's source.

The number of incidents involving whites is almost 6.4 times more than that involving blacks. 3.58m v 0.56m, so if you look at the numbers only then you would expect them to be different by a factor of 6.4. The critical information is the percentages. Black on white is 15.3% and white on black is 10.7%. Not statistically different and what might be expected if you allow for umpteen different factors.

In summary, who ever put that table together is trying to convince people that black on white violence is over 9 times as prevalent. When it is 1.4.

Please post the link for where you got this dross. I'm keen to see where you get your 'evidence.' Here's mine: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...UQFnoECBIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3fSUOppMZ8GTEYcBXfbwsg

Black people only make up around 13% of the total population , yet commit over 90% of violent crimes. I blame gangster rap. That music has brainwashed young black minds for almost 40 years now.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Welcome to the New World Order. In order to be safe, you need to be a mute, black lesbian pro Palestinian who is jobless. Preferably a single mother as well, who identifies as a man.
Where you cant mistreat a person because they aren't white?

Strange that some folks feel put upon by that idea.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Black people only make up around 13% of the total population , yet commit over 90% of violent crimes. I blame gangster rap. That music has brainwashed young black minds for almost 40 years now.
It doesn't make your point stronger to lie when you should know folks know you're lieing or are going to check.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,680.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Not to mention the FBI doesn't have stats about who commits crimes, but only who is arrested for them. It's a small distinction but an important one. For instance, we know that Black and White Americans use marijuana at roughly similar levels. Yet marijuana arrests are 5-6 more likely to happen to Black people. It's not unreasonable to believe something similar happens with other crimes, though I'm sure to a lesser extent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BurningBush84

Feb 27, 2023
Minnesota
✟35,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I could provide links but it wouldn't matter, because when it goes against your beliefs, you just call it dis/mis information.

"In a study published in 2014, it found that 15 states do not report ethnicity on arrest forms.

The report said, “A state’s failure to collect and report ethnicity data affects not only Latinos but the entire criminal justice system. States that only count people as ‘black’ or ‘white’ likely label most of their Latino prison population ‘white,’ artificially inflating the number of ‘white’ people in prison and masking the white/black disparity in the criminal justice system.”

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I could provide links but it wouldn't matter, because when it goes against your beliefs, you just call it dis/mis information.

"In a study published in 2014, it found that 15 states do not report ethnicity on arrest forms.

The report said, “A state’s failure to collect and report ethnicity data affects not only Latinos but the entire criminal justice system. States that only count people as ‘black’ or ‘white’ likely label most of their Latino prison population ‘white,’ artificially inflating the number of ‘white’ people in prison and masking the white/black disparity in the criminal justice system.”

Ok but that doesn't prove anything. It simply says that the data may not represent reality well.

Upvote 0

BurningBush84

Feb 27, 2023
Minnesota
✟35,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
"According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, 93 percent of black homicides were indeed committed by other blacks between 1980 and 2008. In 2012, the most recent data posted on the web, the figure was 91 percent.
Your claim was that they were responsible for 90% of violent crime. What you share above is not that.

ETA: It's not the end of the world to just say that you misspoke or something. It'd be better than standing besides obviously untrue claims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,680.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Here is the most recent data on homicide I can find. If you do the math, 81% of White homicides were committed by White people and 89% of Black homicides were committed by Black folk. So it's higher for the Black community, but not egregiously so. Also not sure it has to do with somebody pleading guilty to possession with intent and four counts of bias intimidation and getting 8 years in prison.

Upvote 0