• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Kal

the goal is to be more like You, and less like me
Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟25,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
don't give up on yourself, Jen... there's so much worth living for.
You're not a weak person.

I know life gets so tough, but you're much stronger than you think, and you know it within yourself.
I'm praying for ya.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Jen, I know this has been a real rough time, but your kids need YOU! You need to give yourself some time to heal! As tough as it seems without Tim, God made you to be you. The strong, caring woman that you are! :hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't see how people live with depression for years. I'm done. My kids will be better off with their grandparents. I just can't live another day like this. My heart feels like it's literally about to explode. Maybe I'm just a weak person or a quitter or whatever. So be it...I just can't do it anymore.

It is always too soon to quit!

Upvote 0
U

UnitynLove

I don't see how people live with depression for years. I'm done. My kids will be better off with their grandparents. I just can't live another day like this. My heart feels like it's literally about to explode. Maybe I'm just a weak person or a quitter or whatever. So be it...I just can't do it anymore.

So Jen what seem to be getting you down?

Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jen, whatever you do, don't make your children lose you, too. Depression comes with lies, that your kids don't need you, that no one cares. Many, many people care about you. As for your children, if you committed suicide they would be devastated forever. No, they will not be better off with their grandparents. They will be devastated, and they will blame themselves.

Don't do this. Get help. Go to your regular doctor, tell him or her that you are deeply depressed and need help. Even a general practitionar can prescribe meds which can help you pull out of this dark pit. It takes about a week for the meds to take effect. You will feel so much better. Depression is a chemical imbalance of the brain. This can be helped.

You may also need therapy. It helps so much to have someone to talk to, you need that someone. Just being able to talk will help you through this grief. I know, I've been there.

Please get help. Don't devastate your children. Depression is an illness, like pneumonia. It can be treated. You need help now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Super Kal

the goal is to be more like You, and less like me
Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟25,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, you're right...it's not that bad. Just something kinda dumb. I was just having a bad day, that's all. Sorry for posting what I did.
we all do stupid things, Jen... I've done so many in my life, especially this year, sometimes, I couldn't believe how stupid I could be...

but the one thing that we all need to remember is that Christ still loves us no matter what, and even those stupid mistakes, we can learn from them, and not only know not to make them again, but also gain a better understanding of ourselves and why God gave us that choice to make.

He still loves you, even with all those little imperfections and mistakes.
He's so amazing like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ambular

May 4, 2005
NorCal
✟16,657.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You know what, Nazareth Savage? You are a straight up jerk. And you KNOW why I'm saying that.

Folks, this woman just recently lost her husband to the war in Iraq. I don't blame her one bit for feeling the way she does---especially if you know the story behind everything. Thank you all for your supportive words, though (minus NS). God Bless. We love you Jen!

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:hug: Dear Jen~

I am so glad to see that you posted today. I have to admit I was so worried about you last night that I could barely sleep all night, so I figured if I wasn't sleeping, well I would pray for you.

I don't want you to feel like a weirdo because you posted what you really think and feel. In real life I think we all do want to know honestly so we can help you if the need arises! But I'd also like you to feel safe doing so too. Here in the Depression area there are people who sort of understand, just like in the Widows/Widower area there are people who have lost their spouse and we even have a Grief Support area too! All these places are good, safe places for you to cry out and fall on your face before the Lord in grief, and have people around who will understand.

Here's the thing--we don't know you that well. If *I* had written what you wrote, wouldn't it have scared you a little bit? And I have a duty to do the best I can to make sure you're okay even if that sometimes means over-reacting a little because it's the internet and I don't know and I have to act as if people mean what they write--ya know?

Anyway, it was a bad day... a REALLY bad day. It happens. I think we can all understand that. And I think we all love ya anyway! :hug:

Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, you're right...it's not that bad. Just something kinda dumb. I was just having a bad day, that's all. Sorry for posting what I did.

Jen, you are allowed to have bad days. You are allowed to feel down, and you are allowed to talk about it.

It is alright to express your feelings. I am glad you posted here.

I am praying for you, I care about you deeply.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.