London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
regarding the rules applicable to this space ...

quote "They believe the Bible to be a valuable resource, but not free from error."

does this opinion apply only to the translations or to the original manuscripts as well ?

i am seeking a place to post but i am not a religious christian and don't hold to any of their theologies or doctrines .....

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I can't find that quote. Can you provide the link? If we're trying to interpret CF's rules, I want to read the whole document that the quote comes from.

If you're asking about the views of Liberal Christians: Liberal Christians generally accept the possibility of errors in the original manuscripts.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
absolute perfection does not even come close to or begin to define the immeasurableness of these books from where i am seeing from, i don't think its even possible that all the computing power on earth could even compose one sentence to match up to it ....

that said and having this view am i breaking the rules by this belief ?

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ah, thanks. Yes, the statement about "not free from error" is going to include the original manuscripts; Liberals typically believe that the people who wrote the Bible, being human, made human mistakes along the way.

It may sound odd to talk about Liberals and tradition, but Liberal Christianity does have a scholarly tradition that we try to follow, in that we look at the works of people who study history, archaeology, textual criticism, and so forth, and try to benefit from the results of that scholarship.

I can't tell from your posts in this thread exactly what your views are. How about this: Post some of your thoughts here in WWMC, and we can give you feedback on whether your ideas are a good fit for WWMC, or whether they'd be more at home in a forum like Controversial Christian Theology or Exploring Christianity.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the bible ( collection of 66 books) speaks to the process we find ourselves in and this revealed in the form of patterns and these patterns all interwoven there being but one thread throughout ( in picture Christs tunic without seam or a garden enclosed which seeds itself )

the bible interprets itself within itself, and therefor if we add to it we then take from it, understanding the bible is a narrative of our souls journey of a there and back as in a scattering and a gathering and this scattering pictured as a division or a gendering of our soul and spirit which is pictured in the very first verse of Genesis which reveals the pattern of two as in the division the creation starts out as ...

heaven and earth/light and darkness/Father and Son/the man and the women are pictures pertaining to the patterns that reveal a process we all are in as we are both at this time an Adam and a Christ understanding that the son of man is the Son of God of which Jesus is our example of ...

Jesus having kept the law "thou shall not eat of it ( tree of knowledge of good & evil ) and therefor did not become divided/separated from the Truth he was until his hour came whilst hung on his cross ...

the patterns found in the book have no measure to them ... to measure them they then become measured back to you and your journey in ends with the measure you bind them too, which is to nail the truth down which Jesus as a picture of Christ/Truth nailed to a cross is in picture ..

perception is everything

Upvote 0