Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Yes, numerology is highly occultic in nature. It is basically the same concept as astrology-- except with numerical values.

Yes, in Jewish thought certain numbers may have symbolic value-- but that is a different issue completely from numerology.

Upvote 0

apsalmistspraise

Painting with the words of the Lord...
Apr 15, 2007
Anderson, In
Visit site
✟11,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
and where is the proof? Numbers are all throughout the Bible... there is significance in 6-the number of man, 7 the number of perfection, 3 number of trinity.... anyways, i am not looking for a fight, i just think that God has a purpose with numbers. There was a moment when i had certain numbers on a liscence plate. ooooohhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhh lol you can take coinscidence, look up a book reference and wala it is exactly the message you may be needing for the moment...

Upvote 0
P

Peaceful Dove

Ok, I just read through the thread and although I call it superstition, others call it occult, etc. I guess it is much the same thing.

As to colors. I was once considered an expert (over 20 years ago) on color psychology. I appeard on some tv talk shows with Psychiatrists and Clinical Psychologists in Los Angeles. At that time, I was into Family Counselling.

Color Psychology is considered a science by many. I have never seen it considered a Spiritual thing. Peoples behavior has been proven to react to living in different colored surroundings. Especially children. It is a factor in the workplace and also in hospitals.

That is far different than putting any sort of importance on numbers where the our spiritual life is concerened.

The values of numbers in Judaism was a symbolic type of thing. Not prophetic.

Upvote 0

ShammahBenJudah

Son of Zion
Oct 31, 2006
USA
✟73,073.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm pretty much on board with Father Rick here. There is great significance in numbers. In fact, I believe there is incredibly more significance to them than we can even consider in our little minds.

I think we can measure the difference between "occultish" numerology and trying to recognize the significance of numbers by our purpose or motivation for doing it.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

If we allow or try to use anything other than God's Word to light our pathway, we open ourselves up for outside intervention. Demons can count, too. They can fashion noticeable coincidences for the purpose of distracting us.

Stay with the Word and ask God to show you the way...just about any practice outside this for life guidance has some occultish tendency.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I use to see the number 126 everywhere. Once I was at my grandmothers and saw her clock was stuck at 1:26 pm. Three days later, exactly 126 days after I started seeing that number, my grandma got hit by a bus. Guess the bus' number? You got it, 14b.

Ok, I'm going back to watching Jim Carrey in 23.

Upvote 0

bithiah2

Jah is my strength and song!
Jun 12, 2006
metro
✟18,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you should see a psychiatrist. What you are describing are called ideas of reference and can be symptoms of a psychotic disorder

i don't think that was very nice...there is always a way to say something or disagree without being nasty.
let's be kind to one another. and no, the post was not addressed to me, but it still hurt.
blessings
bithiah2

Matthew 5:9
:angel:
Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called the children of God.​

Upvote 0

bithiah2

Jah is my strength and song!
Jun 12, 2006
metro
✟18,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok, I just read through the thread and although I call it superstition, others call it occult, etc. I guess it is much the same thing.

As to colors. I was once considered an expert (over 20 years ago) on color psychology. I appeard on some tv talk shows with Psychiatrists and Clinical Psychologists in Los Angeles. At that time, I was into Family Counselling.

Color Psychology is considered a science by many. I have never seen it considered a Spiritual thing. Peoples behavior has been proven to react to living in different colored surroundings. Especially children. It is a factor in the workplace and also in hospitals.

That is far different than putting any sort of importance on numbers where the our spiritual life is concerened.

The values of numbers in Judaism was a symbolic type of thing. Not prophetic.

when i was in school we briefly studied the psychology of color. it is how mcdonalds and the fast food chains get people to eat more. red and yellow are "hot" colors that motivate people to eat and do more. the advertisers know this and use it to their advantage. i wonder how many people would eat mcdonalds if their colors were pink and blue? :confused:
blessings
bithiah2

if you have any more info on this, please pass it on. i love to study things like that.

Upvote 0

HephzibahBenJudah

Daughter of Zion
Oct 31, 2006
Florida
✟128,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
327 added is 12 added again is 3

12 according to the Jews is the number of government and 3 is the number for the Trinity.

I always thought it was neat to hear about the hidden prophecies in the Torah and the Psalms...using Bible codes...or a numeric blueprint if you will...

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,062,490.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and where is the proof? Numbers are all throughout the Bible... there is significance in 6-the number of man, 7 the number of perfection, 3 number of trinity.... anyways, i am not looking for a fight, i just think that God has a purpose with numbers. There was a moment when i had certain numbers on a liscence plate. ooooohhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhh lol you can take coinscidence, look up a book reference and wala it is exactly the message you may be needing for the moment...

Yes, numbers are significant in the Bible - that doesn't mean the Jews used them to discover their character, future or as some kind of superstition.

I think the Lord can, will and does speak a lot more plainly to us than by a few numbers - unless of course you mean the book of Numbers, which is quite interesting and tells the Jews how they were to keep God's law.

Even if it were true that the Lord uses numbers in some way, don't forget that Satan can use and corrupt anything that God can. His purpose is to lead us away from God, which is why some people say that horoscopes and fortune telling "work".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I feel like it is very significant. I believe ANM that you will one day help millions even close to billions.

Thank you so much for more confirmation from the Holy Spirit.

This is something God told me years ago and he has really confirmed it through many Prophets since then.

Yes, I have a high calling on my life. I am humbled.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God can and does us ALL things for his Glory.

Just because you don't see how or understand does not make it any less used by God in his own way.

God is so much bigger than our own limited understanding, and I am so grateful he is. :)

We are not talking about superstition or numerology the way the "world" uses it.

God uses everything he created with and for a purpose that will always be 'Spiritual'. The vast majority of Christians will never see it, because God can't trust them enough to show them because they are still closed minded and can't even believe him to take care of them from day to day most the time, not to mention giving them insight into more deeper spiritual matters.

Everything is not of the Devil, Even though we live in a fallen world and the devil using everything for his own purpose..God uses EVERYTHING for his own purpose as well.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Who said it's of the devil? I think if you look for anything you will find it. Then because you look, you will notice it more than any other thing. It's like breaking or spraining a finger, you think you hit it more when it's sprained but the truth is you simply notice it more. Same with numbers. It's very similar to the new car theory. If you get a red Toyota, you will see that there are tons of red Toyota's driving around, more than usual and it seems like you were the first person to ever get a red Toyota and everyone copied you. It's only that you notice it more, and it is explained in psychology. (I can get the reference it I look hard enough) I don't think the devil is making you see more Toyota's and perhaps most people are blind and close minded to not see the deeper spiritual meaning of the red Toyota's, but perhaps some just see it as a good gift from God.

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who said it's of the devil? I think if you look for anything you will find it. Then because you look, you will notice it more than any other thing. It's like breaking or spraining a finger. You think you hit it more when it's sprained but the truth is you simply notice it more. Same with numbers. It's very similar to the new car theory. If you get a red Toyota, you will see that there are tons of red Toyota's driving around, more than usual. It's only that you notice it more, and it is explained in psychology. I don't think the devil is making you see more Toyota's and perhaps most people are blind and close minded to not see the deeper spiritual meaning of the red Toyota's, but perhaps some just see it as a good gift from God.

Someone mentioned numerology.....At the end of the day, that is their opinion and they can stick to it. I am really not going to debate it, you either see it or you don't....:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.