United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
RobertLeeParis said:
It's easy to sterotype the whole race, since only Muslims are the terrorists.

I can say only one thing... :help:.

You can't be serious...can you? Muslims are far from the only terrorists in the world. You should definetly think about things before you post them. Seeing things like this makes me fear for the world...:sigh:

-rob

Upvote 0

rahma

FUNdamentalist
Jan 15, 2004
between a frozen wastelan and a wast desert
Visit site
✟16,435.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The issue I and many other muslims have with shows like 24 is that Muslims are portrayed overwhelmingly negalitevely.

One of my favorite shows is Law & Order. I can think of 4 seperate shows where muslims were the bad guys, but not one where a muslim was anything remotely approaching good.

It's like television shows only showing black men as criminals and jews as money grubbing greedy misers. Let's have some decent, law abiding muslim characters on some shows.

Upvote 0

RobWW

searching
Aug 14, 2004
New York
✟8,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
rahma said:
The issue I and many other muslims have with shows like 24 is that Muslims are portrayed overwhelmingly negalitevely.

One of my favorite shows is Law & Order. I can think of 4 seperate shows where muslims were the bad guys, but not one where a muslim was anything remotely approaching good.

It's like television shows only showing black men as criminals and jews as money grubbing greedy misers. Let's have some decent, law abiding muslim characters on some shows.

I think it was the last episode of 24 that was on that two Muslim (I believe they were Middle-Eastern at least) helped Jack fight against the 'bad guys'. But other than that not too many.

-Rob

Upvote 0

rahma

FUNdamentalist
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
✟16,435.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
RobWW said:
I think it was the last episode of 24 that was on that two Muslim (I believe they were Middle-Eastern at least) helped Jack fight against the 'bad guys'. But other than that not too many.

-Rob

I haven't watched 24 this season. Where they incidental characters or main characters?

Upvote 0

Adoniram

Jan 15, 2004
Missouri
✟16,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't overlook the fact that there are Americans who are helping the terrorists for monetary (or other yet to be determined) gain. The fact is that there are evil people of all nationalities, creeds, and religions. That these particular evil people are Muslim is a testiment to the times we live in, and that is what good drama reflects. A case of art imitating life.

Upvote 0

rahma

FUNdamentalist
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
✟16,435.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sava said:
Muslims aren't a race.

Racism has become a general term for bigotry against a group of people. To argue about the meaning of racism is a non sequitor and distracts from the problem at hand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I was surprised to see my post popping back up.

Like I said in OP, I haven't watched this show. But was wondering if the
hostility was misguided or true.

I do believe this show is a Terrorist versus law enforcement group.
Not Americans versus Muslims.

Upvote 0

glo

Jan 5, 2004
✟9,345.00
Faith
Protestant
Redguard said:
Ultimately, it is Americans versus Terrorists.

In which case, the terrorists have tended to be Middle Eastern.

and sadly, many Americans hold the view that "You're either w/us, or you're with the terrorists!!!" (I believe that is paraphrased from Mr. George W. Bush himself.)

:doh: very sad the ignorant state of many comfortable, privileged WASPs.

Upvote 0