Gareth

Jan 3, 2008
South Woodham Ferrers, Essex.
✟9,834.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
So 2012 is supposed to be the last year for many people here on earth. There was another thread on it but it is closed at the moment. How do people come to the conclusion that 2012 is the year. Where in the Bible does it point to 2012 as being the final year?

Fear is a huge tool the Devil uses to steer people away from the truth of Scripture. Because many religions teach doctrines not compatible with the Bible people have become disillusioned with religion et al. All it takes is someone or something to catch the minds of people to cause them to fear for their future and that of their families. I hear people are spending large sums of money buying shelters to protect them from Planet X's pass. Have some forgotten that there is a God who cares for them, and this planet? Yes they have, because some religions by and large have not filled the spiritual void they have.

What do you think?

Reactions: sonhador

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So 2012 is supposed to be the last year for many people here on earth. There was another thread on it but it is closed at the moment. How do people come to the conclusion that 2012 is the year. Where in the Bible does it point to 2012 as being the final year?

Fear is a huge tool the Devil uses to steer people away from the truth of Scripture. Because many religions teach doctrines not compatible with the Bible people have become disillusioned with religion et al. All it takes is someone or something to catch the minds of people to cause them to fear for their future and that of their families. I hear people are spending large sums of money buying shelters to protect them from Planet X's pass. Have some forgotten that there is a God who cares for them, and this planet? Yes they have, because some religions by and large have not filled the spiritual void they have.

What do you think?

Just another of the hundreds of "The Worlds End" scenarios throughout the ages. This one manufactured by the Mayan calender not going any further than December 21st, 2012. Remember Kohoutek, the comet that was going to hit Earth? The calamity of 12-31-1999 when the computers would all go down and havoc would rule? During the Cold War, preachers predicted nuclear holocaust almost monthly. WW1 was the end of the world for many, as was WW2.

True Christians are able to move pass Orsen Wells and Al Gore type scare tactics, and realize that God is in control of all life and death. It is not the mass death of the planet that one must be concerned with, as it is where one is with God at ones own death.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Mayans run out of room for their calendar, and everyone has a hissy fit over it in 2012 :p

ROTFL:thumbsup:

As large as this Universe is, and as large as the planet Earth is, it amazes me that someone so small can assume that they can predict mans demise. Even our own Bible says that the angels and Jesus himself could not know the time, yet these bozo's think they are on to something.

I'd be more concerned running out of toilet paper.:p

Upvote 0

sonhador

Apr 20, 2012
Adelaide
✟211.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

What do you think?

Fear is the only tool for God.

The devil is but a tool for good.
To reflect and engender a higher good within humankind.

Fear is between God and the World.
If there were no fear between God and the world.
They would marry, rather than the world turn away from God and the good that God is.

But instead of seeing Evil as Evil, they see Evil for Good, when it suits them, just like the Pharisees did. Such that, what should be open in heart, is closed in heart.

People esteem popularity of the same mode, and cannot face change.
Why do you think the fear exists for the end of the world in 2012?
Because who is here that everyone fears?
But where are you looking for who you fear?

Looking towards the past of yesterday. But if we keep considering time and date, and being a slave to time, can we not imagine the world that gives Eternal Life.

Can we not rationalise eternal life by seeing the person who is explaining it to you? How are you going to understand how to live eternally unless you also understand the time that compresses you?

If words and knowledge are not miracles, that come from love, how can any other miracles be seen, when breath itself is not heard?

How can the end of days come, unless the light of the day is seen forever?

I will tell you where the Bible points to 2012 being the end of the world. It is in revelations.
See what is relevant. And there you will see what points to the year.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sonhador

Apr 20, 2012
Adelaide
✟211.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The kingdom of Heaven is in the future of our being aware of today in all its glory

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened

But who seeks the Kingdom of Heaven today?
I seek it now. Is it a sin to seek the kingdom of Heaven here on Earth now?

Did Jesus tell us to wait for him to seek it? Or to seek it today? Or both?
Do we not know how to find it without him?
May we try and find it whilst we wait for him?

Is not all life a tribulation of trying to feel good, and find an heavenly bliss?
How can Heaven be here unless we all seek it in the same Way?

Are we an enemy to the self we are by our lack of understanding how to balance the self?
Are those who are close to the Kingdom persecuted by those who say they are seeking it, but do not know how to seek?

Is the Kingdom of Heaven truly at hand, and closer than we think, in both ourselves and also reality of the times we live?

If the kingdom of heaven came tomorrow, how would it come? What would the signs be, and where would the voice of the trumpet come from, and where would the voice of a thousand times a thousand trumpets come from, unless they came from the first trumpet of cause?

John 11:57

But the chief priests and Pharisees had given orders that if anyone found out where Jesus was, he should report it so that they might arrest him.

Can you be arrested for wanting the kingdom of Heaven as close as 2012? I feel that is a high possibility. But I know in my heart that it feels more arresting to not try for it.

I feel we should have an open mind and open heart to all claims, of all people, neither judging those claims, until we let the water run, before we deem it muddy or distasteful. I understand why people block themselves away from what they do not wish to hear, it is because they do not want to hear what in reflection judges them.

2012 is the year of today. And there are many people who claim that there are many signs of a new era, amongst many peoples and nations, and even the Chinese thought so as far back as could be imagined with methods of divination. But all divination has been claimed as sin, yet Jesus never said that.

Everything is twisted to the tongue that is in the mouth.

If the world followed true time, they would know that Christmas is not December 25, but January 6/7.
So if they ignore the times of the past, they can certainly ignore the times of today.

I realise the following quote is not in the bible, but if the bible is a book for all nations, then so to Christians must be people who listen to all nations, and the love that speaks inside all.

China has one prophecy regarding to 2012 from Ching 清 Dynasty. It said that a wise man will appear to make the world prosperous and peaceful in the year of Black Dragon

I am not here to say that is myself, because wisdom speaks for itself and dead fish from the sea will speak for what wisdom speaks for. I am here on earth to learn from my experiences and share wisdom from those experiences, of which wisdom is also to listen to the experiences of all. For if the stars will fall to the earth in shame, I am there with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
May 29, 2011
New Brunswick
✟16,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
We generally relate the Mayan Calendar to our Gregorian calendar (the one we know today) but I guess the orthodox church will end later because they use the Julien calendar (as far as I know which isn't much), and I guess the Muslim's calendar would be different as well, and the other countries that use their calendars.

Also, apparently the Mayan calendar doesn't account for leap years, so the amount of days piled up from leap years would put us past the time the world was suppose to end.

so cheers!!
It is just another item on the "don't need to worry about" list.

Upvote 0

gord44

Nov 4, 2004
✟27,716.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The leap year thing isn't correct. The Mayan calendar is completely different then our calendar. Leap years don't have anything to do with it. The Dec 21 date still matches up.

That said, you can't worry about the future. Pursue God and take each moment for what it is! :)

Upvote 0
May 29, 2011
New Brunswick
✟16,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
The leap year thing isn't correct. The Mayan calendar is completely different then our calendar. Leap years don't have anything to do with it. The Dec 21 date still matches up.

That said, you can't worry about the future. Pursue God and take each moment for what it is! :)

I decided to look more into the issue, and it turns out you are right and I'm wrong. haha, it is good to know.

Oh well, but I'm not going to worry about it anyways, since nothing is going to happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why fear the end of the world?

A Christian should feel "We're off to Heaven" :clap::clap::clap::clap:
Amen, but be wise as serpents.
Ever notice the Mayan Calendar is an object in one of the scenes painted on the dome of the capitol building in Washington, DC?

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I decided to look more into the issue, and it turns out you are right and I'm wrong. haha, it is good to know.

Oh well, but I'm not going to worry about it anyways, since nothing is going to happen.

Preponderance of circumstantial evidence suggests otherwise, but... stay comfortable.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does that mean we have to be taxed before entering Heaven? :doh:

Sort of, depending...
1 Cor 3:[10] According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
[11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
[12] Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sort of, depending...
1 Cor 3:[10] According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
[11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
[12] Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

OK. Paul is talking to the Corinthians about Apollos...............and?

Upvote 0