20,000 British emigrants

Kaleo

Aug 21, 2005
✟428.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel a bit mad about that. :mad: I live in Darwin (northern Australia), which has a major skills shortage, cause once people get their skills developed they go to the big cities down south. But being half British (my Dad's British, so I have a dual citizenship tho I've never been to Britain), I quite like the British and love their accents and culture and I welcome them to our country. But I'd like to see more Aussies get off their butts, and do something with their lives. Like Willo says, our young people aren't getting into the trade industry so much. Most people seem to be on the dole, or have degree's and work in the office.

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

bytheway said:
I saw in the news recently that the Australian government has asked the British government for 20,000 Brits with certain skills to come over to Australia to work because you's lack people with those certain skills e.g. plastorer's.

Thoughts??

I applaud this!! And, I hope they heed the call! Fijian are you an IT expert?

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Bevlina said:
I applaud this!! And, I hope they heed the call! Fijian are you an IT expert?

Well...ahem...'expert' is perhaps stretching the definition of the word a bit :p but yes I am in that line of industry. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums